Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

WDR, WESTERN DESERT RESOURCES LIMITED
Commander C
post Posted: Mar 23 2012, 09:55 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 23 2012, 09:52 AM

Hi Flower

Were/are you holding SHD as well as WDR?

For SHD I didn't end up sending any complaint letter, just in case there is a future rights issue with shortfall form and I get rejected because I had complained earlier!

Wonder if WDR can do takeover of SHD --- or even get funds from merger with MMX?

flower
post Posted: Mar 23 2012, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

Week Vs Strong sounds interesting.

Wondering then if you had a WEAK moment when you sold WDR after holding for all that time to get your Irreplaceable capital back.

Where you Weak or Strong or just plain Emotional ??

asks mpl of flower in the CVN thread.

mpl I was neither weak nor strong nor emotional when I sold my holding in WDR @ 59c only to see it trading today @ 92c, just relieved.

However--I recently made a decision NEVER to listen to those who scoff at Fundamental Analysis, since every piece of FA done on WDR for the past 3 years said that when WDR got to the point they could direct mine and ship from a port near the minesite they were in big business, and again listening to those who espouse the grabbing of quick profits once again got it 100% wrong.

Similarly I anticipate having the last very big laugh at your expense over CVN king.gif

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Commander C
post Posted: Feb 8 2012, 01:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mpl's post @ Feb 6 2012, 07:06 PM

yay WDR up to make up for my SHD losses!
thinking whether to send in a complaint letter to SHD

mpl
post Posted: Feb 6 2012, 07:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Feb 6 2012, 06:02 PM

Sure have

It was called Telstra @ $8 back at the start of the 00ties. So where would I be now if I was still waiting for it to come Back!!!.

flower
post Posted: Feb 6 2012, 06:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mpl's post @ Feb 6 2012, 05:37 PM

What sort of Money management do you actually engage in ?.

In this case it was badly astray, however no irreplaceable capital LOST.

Have you never done the same thing?

--------------------

mpl
post Posted: Feb 6 2012, 05:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Feb 6 2012, 01:28 PM

Flower

What sort of Money management do you actually engage in ?.

10% loss on 10K leaves you 9K to trade with. Even at 5% bank interest for the 28Mths you held on gives you $10,089 compounded.
(Based on 5% Int of course).
You having a Joke are you Not ?.

Factor in 9K worth of your famous NST bought at ther same time & What do you get ?. Bit hard to work out perhaps. Here I will help you. graduated.gif 2,776% Increase if you had applied your famous approach.

BTW I bet your 100% capital return can't buy you as many Investment papers as It did back in Nov 09.

As for not needing a lecture on Stops. I really couldnt be bothered either. The example shown will do me for a lesson on how to tie up capital going nowhere for 28Mths.

flower
post Posted: Feb 6 2012, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

Enlighten us with a Chart of greater time span to show just how long you have held WDR.
Yellow blob marks the date--and I do not need a lecture on stops, only comment:

It's a lot harder to make up lost capital in other trades when if you have got the underlying fundamentals correctly assessed your original selection has some hope of success, and by hanging on the original capital is retreived and all that is actually lost is opportunities. A 10% SL may have been 10% down the drain, but I have a 100% return of original capital less interest earnings of 5% on said capital.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

mpl
post Posted: Feb 6 2012, 11:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Feb 6 2012, 11:26 AM

Flower

Finnaly got your $ back. Enlighten us with a Chart of greater time span to show just how long you have held WDR or perhaps a reason why you didnt take a Stop.

flower
post Posted: Feb 6 2012, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Feb 2 2012, 02:19 PM

Decided to bail out @59c--very grateful to get my money back with a very small profit.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING