Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

761 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

A little Friday humour, OR any day you want to share a laugh
arty
post Posted: Feb 15 2018, 08:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: surfer's post @ Feb 10 2018, 01:55 PM

Thanks Surfer.
I republished it to a larger audience - got a hilarious reaction.
One reply: "It took you 2 mins to make a snowwoman with a voluptuous chest? Id like to see that. smile.gif "

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

surfer
post Posted: Feb 10 2018, 01:55 PM
  Quote Post

<h2 class="posttitle icon" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 10px 10px 5px; line-height: normal; border-bottom-color: rgb(200, 200, 200); border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; font-stretch: normal;">Today's UK</h2>
It was snowing all last night. So my day went like this:

8:00 I made a snowman.

8:10 A feminist passed by and asked me why it wasn't a snowwoman.

8:15 So, I made a snowwoman.

8:17 My neighbours' nanny complained about my snowwoman's voluptuous chest.

8:20 The gay couple living nearby grumbled that it should have been two snowmen instead.

8:25 The vegans at No. 12 complained about the carrot nose, as carrots are veggie food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 I am being called a racist because the snowwoman is white.

8:31 The Muslim across the road wants the snowwoman to wear a headscarf.

8:40 Someone calls the cops who show up to see what's going on.

8:42 They tell me the broomstick of the snowwoman needs to be removed because it could be used as a deadly weapon. Things get worse after I mutter: "Yeah, if it's up your a***"

8:45 A TV news crew shows up. I am asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow- women? I reply, "Snowballs" . I am then called a sexist.

8:52 My phone is seized and thoroughly checked while I am being blindfolded and flown to the police station in a helicopter.

9:00 I'm on the TV news as a suspected terrorist, intent on stirring up trouble during this difficult weather.

9:10 I am asked if I have any accomplices.

9:29 A little known jihadist group has claimed it was their plot.

Moral: There is no moral to this story. It's just the country we live in today

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  arty  Pendragon  blacksheep  

jacsar
post Posted: Feb 8 2018, 08:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 8 2018, 04:30 PM

Thanks arty for that cartoon....it says it all and is simply brilliant...cheers

arty
post Posted: Feb 8 2018, 04:30 PM
  Quote Post

I love a good cartoon. And I rate my old mate Dean Alston's among the best smile.gif
This one is his reaction to this week's Wall Street melt-down. What a hoot - "Dum de dum" indeed LOL

Attached File  AlstonBear.jpg ( 925.74K ) Number of downloads: 8

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  crooky  blacksheep  

triage
post Posted: Feb 8 2018, 11:20 AM
  Quote Post

I love a good nickname. Three oldies that come to mind

. the rugby player, John Eales, who was a towering second rower but also a fantastic place kicker, very unusual for a rugby "tight" forwad to be a match winner but Eales often was. His nickname was "nobody" as in nobody's perfect.

. then there were two other rugby players who played rep footy together and were good mates, Michael O'Connor and Chris Roche. Apparently neither were sparkling conversationalists which came across as them both being not the sharpest tools in the shed. Their nickname was "null" and "void".

. Aaron Baddeley is an Australian golfer who used to cop a ribbing from fellow players for his poor dress sense on the course. His nickname is "dresses" as in dresses badly.

. but the latest that I reckon is an absolute corker is for Bernard Tomic, who has been fined and heavily criticised for not trying his hardest all the time, to put it mildly. His nickname is funny but also spot on: Tomic the Tank Engine.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  henrietta  arty  nipper  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 21 2018, 07:49 PM
  Quote Post

Hedgeye on the US Government Shutdown - D.C.onstipated
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DT7RI8MWAAEFKCQ.jpg ( 136.11K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 02:31 PM
  Quote Post

From Hedgeye - endangered species wink.gif for how long though that is the question
Attached File(s)
Attached File  DTDHXd1WsAESmzG.jpg ( 151.19K ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 3 2018, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

2017 Summed Up (In One Cartoon) from hedgeye
Attached File  12.31.2017_New_Year_cartoon.png ( 242.84K ) Number of downloads: 2

Attached File  DSTJQBJV4AAPWUF.jpg ( 56.29K ) Number of downloads: 2

Which way for 2018?
Attached File  DSkPEo5XUAEyJGG.jpg ( 122.88K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Dec 28 2017, 10:58 AM
  Quote Post

....some Star Wars fans have been left confused by a scene in the latest movie, prompting AMC Theaters in the US to warn new viewers before watching.

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' has swept box offices across the world, but the successful installment has divided critics and viewers.

A pivotal scene in the movie - that cuts the sound for added dramatic suspense - has resulted in viewer complaints about a 'technical glitch'. .

Upon the climax of the scene, the sound is intentionally cut for suspense - a move that was not picked up by some viewers. After consistent complaints AMC Theatre has reportedly responded by printing posters to notify new viewers that what they are about to watch is intentional. ....
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/cinema-issues-w...rs-silent-scene

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

arty
post Posted: Nov 30 2017, 09:26 PM
  Quote Post

Last night, I watched a Party Boat with 200 Bankers and their families and friends catch fire and sink a short distance off Rottnest Island. As quickly as my tinnie's outboard motor could manage, I rushed to Fremantle Harbour to raise the alarm. To make sure, I contacted not only Police, Marine Rescue, and Ambulance Services, but also notified SES and the RAC Rescue Helicopter.
That was 10:30 pm last night. It's a disgrace that now, almost 24 hours later, still nobody has showed up.
Seems I wasted five perfectly good postage stamps...

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  Pendragon  

761 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING