Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

741 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

A little Friday humour, OR any day you want to share a laugh
arty
post Posted: Jun 9 2015, 03:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Jun 9 2015, 03:22 PM

Thank Surfer.
I merely tidied up the link that got somehow corrupted in his post. (at least for me it did wink.gif )

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

frodo
post Posted: Jun 9 2015, 03:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 9 2015, 03:01 PM

Arty thats hilarious one of the best Ive seen Ive sent it to loads of people so clever,

arty
post Posted: Jun 9 2015, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: surfer's post @ Jun 9 2015, 02:40 PM

see if this link works better:

http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/toyota_aygo_crazy

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

surfer
post Posted: Jun 9 2015, 02:40 PM
  Quote Post

Beats the heck out of the moronic offerings from the locals.

http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/toyota_aygo_crazy

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  cooderman  

arty
post Posted: Jun 6 2015, 03:00 PM
  Quote Post

FINALLY, A DEFINITION OF THE TERM "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS''!

this was sent to me as bulk email - no responsibility taken for truthfulness, but I love it anyway.

For the last 30 years more or less almost all of the things we've wanted to write or say, have been stymied by a term referred to as "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS"! Although most of us may consider ourselves rather fluent in the English language, that term was not uniformly in our vocabulary.

Curiosity got the better of some of us who then decided to do a little research and after two weeks of chasing fruitless leads, we found what we'd been looking for at the Truman Library and Museum in Independence, Missouri. An unnamed source there sent us copies of four telegrams that were between Harry Truman and Douglas MacArthur on the day before the actual signing of the WWII Surrender Document. The contents of the four telegrams below are exactly as received, not a word has been added or deleted!

(1) Tokyo,Japan 0800-September 1,1945

To: President Harry S Truman

Tomorrow we meet with those yellow bellied bastards and sign the Surrender Documents, any last minute instructions!

(2) Washington, D C 1300-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur

Congratulations, job well done, but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!

(3) Tokyo, Japan 1630-September 1, 1945

To: H S Truman

Wilco Sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term politically correct mean?

(4) Washington, D C 2120-September 1, 1945

To: D A MacArthur/C H Nimitz

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!

Now, with special thanks to our friends at the Truman Museum and Harry, we finally have a full understanding of what "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" really means!

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  cooderman  

grevillia
post Posted: Jun 4 2015, 11:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: surfer's post @ Jun 2 2015, 05:39 PM

This link should work:

http://1funny.com/magic-trick-leave-you-stunned/

surfer
post Posted: Jun 4 2015, 09:05 AM
  Quote Post

<h2 class="posttitle icon" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 10px 10px 5px; text-align: left; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; border-bottom-color: rgb(200, 200, 200); border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; position: static; z-index: auto;">How Government / Corporate Management Works</h2>

"
The tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed from generation to generation, says that when you discover you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to dismount. However, in modern business, other strategies are often tried with dead horses, including some of the following:

01. Buy a bigger whip.
02. Change riders.
03. Threaten the horse with termination.
04. Appoint a committee to study the horse.
05. Arrange to visit other sites to see how they ride dead horses.
06. Lower the standards so that dead horses can be included.
07. Reclassify the dead horse as "living impaired".
08. Hire an outside contractor to ride the dead horse.
09. Harness several dead horses together to increase speed.
10. Provide additional funding to increase the dead horse's performance.
11. Conduct a productivity study to see if lighter riders would improve the dead horse's
performance.
12. Declare that the dead horse carries lower overhead, and therefore performs better
than some other horses.
13. Rewrite the expected performance parameters for all horses to accommodate the dead one.
14. Promote the dead horse to a supervisory position.
15. Sack the jockey
16. Give the dead horse a performance bonus 17. Seek second opinions on the dead horse.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: pacestick  grevillia  balance  

surfer
post Posted: Jun 2 2015, 05:39 PM
  Quote Post

Check out this card trick.

Subject: This Magic Trick will leave you Stunned

http://1funny.com/magic-trick-leave-you-stunned/

balance
post Posted: Apr 22 2015, 03:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Apr 22 2015, 11:36 AM

There's a few more of these Jason pranks on Youtube.Some go too far. I'm surprised someone has not shot him out of sheer terror.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

arty
post Posted: Apr 22 2015, 11:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Apr 22 2015, 08:59 AM

That explains the principle underlying the "Survival of the Fittest" in seconds biggrin.gif

--------------------

741 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING