Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

22 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Renewable Energy, Alternative energy, New energy, Solar, Geothermal, Wind
nipper
post Posted: Jun 22 2016, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

SolarShare Community Energy Pty Ltd holding information night on:

MAJURA SOLAR FARM
- FIRST STAGE CAPITAL RAISING & INFORMATION BRIEFING: Australian Capital Territory based projects
With our Community Investors, SolarShare is making community ownership of solar generation developments a reality through a confirmed two stage capital raising:
- First Stage: funding for finalisation of project development work, and;
- Second Stage: funding for project construction and ongoing operations.

The First Stage Funding target is $125,000 in capital raising from a select group of SolarShare ACT Based Community Investors who wish to commit $5,000 or more. First Stage Community Investor numbers are limited to a maximum of twenty (20) under ASIC's small scale offering exception (known as the "The 20/12 rule").

The Second Stage Funding target is $3,000,000 from combined debt and equity sources and will be generated from a broad ACT Based Community focussed capital raising. Second Stage Funding will be based on an ASIC standardised Offer Information Statement.

We are approaching finalisation of the Information Memorandum for the first stage. The Information Memorandum and other details, will be provided to interested investors after the First Stage - Capital Raising Information Briefing. Your support at this milestone event in the development of community owned solar power generation is greatly appreciated and essential to SolarShare's success...

crowdsourcing (local style) .... need a PDS for the second round!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

arty
post Posted: Jun 15 2016, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Alethia's post @ Jun 15 2016, 12:41 PM

except for the gratuitous crap about global warming

yes, it's a conspiracy by scientists to squeeze more tax dollars out of the gullible.
When God created the flat Earth 6000-odd years ago, He put the coal and oil in the ground on purpose, so we could burn it all to keep us warm and powerful. Melting ice caps, bleaching corals, floods and hurricanes are really His warning not to fall for the alarmist crap dished up by the self-proclaimed scientific experts.
Keep Believing!

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: Jun 15 2016, 12:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Alethia's post @ Jun 15 2016, 12:41 PM

agreed ... and they are forecasts/ projections with attendant assumptions

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

Alethia
post Posted: Jun 15 2016, 12:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 15 2016, 11:59 AM

Interesting article - except for the gratuitous crap about global warming.

--------------------
The caterpillar does all the work but the butterfly gets all the publicity.

nipper
post Posted: Jun 15 2016, 11:59 AM
  Quote Post

The World Nears Peak Fossil Fuels for Electricity
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...for-electricity

There are eight massive shifts coming soon to power markets:

1. There Will Be No Golden Age of Gas
2. Renewables Attract $7.8 Trillion
3. Electric Cars Rescue Power Markets
4. Batteries Join the Grid
5. Solar and Wind Prices Plummet
6. Capacity Factors Are Increasing
7. A New Polluter to Worry About (India)
8. The Transformation Continues

BNEF's outlook for carbon dioxide emissions has improved significantly over the past year, in spite of cheap fossil fuel prices. The shift to renewables is happening shockingly fast—but not fast enough to prevent perilous levels of global warming. Without additional policy action by governments, global carbon dioxide emissions from the power sector will peak in the 2020s and remain relatively flat for the the foreseeable future.

As costs fall, batteries can increasingly be used to store solar power.

--------------------
- Dr John Hussman

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  lgrif  

nipper
post Posted: Apr 1 2016, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

The vision of a "virtual power plant" made up of thousands of batteries connected to solar panels in individual households and communicating through smart digital technology seems somewhat futuristic but may not be so far away. That concept took another step forward this week as two more battery hopefuls entered the Australian household market. They join a lengthening line-up of competitors from around the world going head-to-head in a market where sales of 80-100 units a month are expected to more than double by next year.

The ability to connect the batteries in a network means they could be called on by a power grid operator when electricity demand is high or during an outage elsewhere in the system.

Simon Hackett, technology entrepreneur and executive chairman of home-grown battery developer Redflow (code RFX), predicts that in just three to five years, grid operators will start to offer customers who own home storage systems the opportunity to get paid to send energy back into the grid when the system needs it.

............Typical solar-battery household daily use (kwh)

"The way this is heading is a world where if there's a few thousand of these in a city, collectively you've actually got a power generator," Hackett says. "So rather than spinning up a gas-fired peaking plant somewhere, you can set the inverter in reverse and push the energy straight back into the grid on demand."

Hackett says while grid operators are some way away from being ready for such a new world, they can see the future lies in that direction.

--------------------
- Dr John Hussman

balance
post Posted: Apr 23 2015, 08:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Apr 23 2015, 07:52 AM

"Meanwhile our leaders keep insisting that it is coal that is our saviour ... ... and that it is better investing our money in attempting to hold back change rather than to actually participate in forging that change"

He who pays the piper. As it has always been.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

triage
post Posted: Apr 23 2015, 07:52 AM
  Quote Post

Been a while so a good time to update what is happening in China with regards renewable energy. In short it is going gangbusters:

China has been installing more renewable-power capacity than fossil fuels for several years, a gap that's growing. In 2015, China will install 15 gigawatts to 18 gw of solar power alone, double the solar deployment in the U.S., according to an analysis by Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF).

The chart below shows how, in the next 15 years, China is on track to have more low-carbon electricity than the entire capacity of the U.S. power grid.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...-farms-in-china

Meanwhile our leaders keep insisting that it is coal that is our saviour ...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-13/coal...tt-says/5810244

... and that it is better investing our money in attempting to hold back change rather than to actually participate in forging that change ...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-04-23/uwa-...-centre/6413984

... I remember a time when Australia was actually at the cutting edge for some of these novel energy technologies, what dreams we had ...

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

triage
post Posted: Apr 6 2012, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

The Chinese continue to put a wrecking ball through the world's solar companies. This manufacturer of panels had a market cap of about US$10b in 2007 but now has filed for bankruptcy, and is one of a growing list of German operators that have been pulverised by the Chinese competition.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/busine...,825490,00.html

The American (manufacturing) sector is also copping an absolute belting, with the government recently introducing tariffs to dampen the effect of what the US industry considers to be illegal subsidies by the Chinese government. Imports of cheap solar panels to US from China in recent years have exploded, which is good for consumers and perhaps for the environment but which is killing off domeestic manufacturers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/21/business...lar-panels.html

But the thing is that apparently none of the Chinese companies are making a quid, not yet anyway.

This next article notes that the Chinese are experiencing a profitless boom but points out that the new US tariffs are not much more than a slap on the wrist for the Chinese so the current domination by the Chinese is likely to continue.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sun-spots...nk=MW_news_stmp

It seems that the ploy, whether government sanctioned or even wilfull or not, is for them to make use of ultra-cheap loans with rubbery conditions to hang in selling product at below cost in the hope that foreign competitors all whither away. This strategy seemed to have worked well with the rare earth market - the Chinese maintained such low prices for so long that all non-chinese mines were forced to close - but I suspect it will not work in the solar sector where hardship only encourages more innovation to be tried. I still back the yanks and the Europeans to out-invent the Chinese.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

Duster
post Posted: Mar 20 2012, 01:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Mar 20 2012, 01:00 PM

Shall watch the next couple of days whether the red candle turns out to signal capitulation/ panic.

See the WHE thread ........ no hurry imho, CR coming.

Their "u" project more than underpins the SP at these levels, and the UCG project is a free option (that's the way I look at it). One of the best management teams around IMO but you're probably not interested in any of the funda's

GDY ........... what can I say ???

--------------------
Patience is the key to success.

22 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING