Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

154 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

China the monster.
triage
post Posted: Dec 3 2016, 01:40 PM
  Quote Post

I don't put any weight on anything Donald Trump says and since he is not yet in power to actually do anything it means that for me there has been hardly anything to see, but ...

Holy shit! He is claiming that he has had a phone conversation with the Tsai Ing-wen, the Taiwanese president (for some reason the Taiwanese always hyphenate their pinyin given names but no-one else does).

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38191711

I have noticed that there are reports that senior US diplomats are becoming concerned with how Mr Trump has been talking to foreign leaders without prior briefing but for him to talk to the Taiwanese directly takes matters to a whole new level of recklessness imo. The Chinese are out-of-this-world sensitive about Taiwan. For instance, I remember there was a diplomatic incident a few years ago in Canberra when (I think) a performance at a local school by a touring school band from Taiwan was advertised as such (rather than as the school band being from Chinese Taipei). From memory I think they had to cancel the event.

There is a very elaborate diplomatic dance required to placate the Chinese with regards Taiwan. If that dance is adhered to then it is pretty much business as usual. However if anyone thinks they can make up new steps then the Chinese go absolutely mental. Why Mr Trump would breach this arrangement for such an insubstantial thing as the President of Taiwan personally congratulating him given how many substantial and contentious matters affecting the US and China will need to be handled in the next couple of years is beyond my understanding. By unnecessarily breaking the longstanding status quo he has handed China the advantage even before the game has begun. Maybe Mr Trump actually believes that the rules do not apply to him. If he does think that then he is an absolute fool.

It will be interesting to see when and in what form the Chinese exacts revenge for this.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Nov 28 2016, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...-predict-future
Official data in China still lack key metrics, such as a regular survey-based unemployment rate. An private manufacturing indicator by Minxin was suspended indefinitely this year, and a preliminary factory gauge reading by Markit Economics and Caixin Media stopped last year.
Big data is allowing alternatives to spring up. Cheng Xin, a former McKinsey & Co. analyst now at Alibaba’s research arm, is developing a GDP-type gauge compiled from the company’s trade data. It will take readings from the Taobao e-commerce platform and other data such as transaction figures from Soufun.com, China’s biggest real estate web portal.
===============================

they try to find new way to gauge chinese economic activities. interesting new thingy.

early birds
post Posted: Nov 23 2016, 03:31 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...odging-this-one

really biased , just opposite to these people
--
Hedge fund manager Kyle Bass estimates Chinese banks face $3.5 trillion of losses as an unprecedented rise in credit that started in late 2008 reaches a breaking point. “This number is relevant due to the fact that it is significantly more than the entire equity capital in the Chinese banking system,” Bass said in an e-mail. Similarly, billionaire George Soros warns of a hard landing, while another investor, Jim Chanos, sees China retracing the mistakes Japan made in its bubbly late 1980s. In October the International Monetary Fund said the window was “closing quickly” on China’s ability to contain the risks from an explosion in corporate debt, which has reached 165 percent of gross domestic product.
------------
Jiang’s different perspective is born of a 37-year career that mirrors the rapid rise of China’s $11 trillion economy as well as the stop-start modernization of its financial system. When he became president of ICBC in 2000, he inherited a bank that was mired in bad debt, in need of a government bailout, and bereft of risk-management controls.
=================

truth is??? between them i guess!!
an interesting article to know some little bit of facts about chinese financial system. less twisted gunhooo from either side

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

triage
post Posted: Nov 23 2016, 01:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 23 2016, 10:43 AM

nip

Yeah the bumiputra have a history of welcoming with open arms their Chinese overlords. There's a very good reason why this new economic zone happens to be next door to a city-state that is very much an ethnic Chinese enclave.

The comrades may get away with disrespecting the buddists in Tibet and even the muslims in Xinjiang but southern Malaysia is not land locked and it is surrounded by a couple of hundred million non-ethnic chinese muslims. Deng was only able to settle longstanding distrust between China and numerous SE Asian countries by killing off Mao's program of active but covert destabilisation in the region. My understanding is that the relationship between the various ethnic groups in SE Asia and ethnic han is not built on solid ground. You only have to look at how local ethnic han of Hong Kong are increasingly unsettled by the hordes of mainlanders swarming there to realise that a similar development in southern Malaysia has the potential to quickly go on tilt.

On the other hand such a development would be another bridgehead, along with Darwin Harbour unfortunately, in the maritime part of Mr Xi's grand one belt one road scheme.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

nipper
post Posted: Nov 23 2016, 10:43 AM
  Quote Post

$100 Billion Chinese-Made City Near Singapore 'Scares the Hell Out of Everybody'

Chinese companies have come to Malaysia as growth in many of their home cities is slowing, forcing some of the world's biggest builders to look abroad to keep erecting the giant residential complexes that sprouted across China during the boom years. They found a prime spot in this special economic zone, three times the size of Singapore, on the southern tip of the Asian mainland.

The scale of the projects is dizzying. Country Garden's Forest City, on four artificial islands, will house 700,000 people on an area four times the size of New York's Central Park. It will have office towers, parks, hotels, shopping malls and an international school, all draped with greenery. Construction began in February and about 8,000 apartments have been sold, the company said.

It's the biggest of about 60 projects in the Iskandar Malaysia zone around Johor Bahru, known as JB, that could add more than half-a-million homes. ......
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/201...ut-of-everybody

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Nov 22 2016, 12:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Nov 22 2016, 12:40 PM

that's very kind of you B.
if my boy do this to me, i'm sure i'm gonna set him on fire even if means burn myself with him.
what this young brat did is worse than animals. again the parents are to blame, they deserve every bash they've got from him. because they bring up a trash for the society.

balance
post Posted: Nov 22 2016, 12:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 22 2016, 12:00 PM

beat up parent for they buy a apartment "too small" for him?? he took the shity to another level

If that happened to me I would remind him of my will and how well the local lost dog's home will be doing after my death.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

early birds
post Posted: Nov 22 2016, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Nov 22 2016, 11:09 AM

you are right that i ever been there traige.
but i knew the place really well, through my old man{ whom past the way more than 30 years ago when i was 18} and my older brother. both of them are deeper rooted from there
so i do know the culture about northen china esp Hrlbin. i happen to know some of them in sydney. i know it's bit hard to embrace their mentalities.
not surprised to hear your bad experience. i heard a lot from my families, that is the reason i'm not that keen to go there---extremely cold and people are mean if they don't know you.. weirdsmiley.gif
beat up parent for they buy a apartment "too small" for him?? he took the shity to another level. thumbdown.gif

triage
post Posted: Nov 22 2016, 11:09 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 22 2016, 10:32 AM

eb

Little emperors mate. I know there are lots of spoilt kids here in Australia but the mainlanders have taken it to a whole new level.

You ever been to Harbin eb? Talk about hard doers. I've been there a few times - did the ice festival one time and went there for work as well - and my experience of some of the locals is that they would piss on you and then set you on fire (met some really decent people too of course but the general attitude was the meanest I encountered in my travels around China).

Had one of the worst meals ever whilst in Harbin. Any obvious Russian influence had been largely wiped away but for the novelty we decided to have a meal in a "Russian" restuarant there. Pretty quickly it became obvious that it was still a state run operation: for a fair while we could not get any of the waiters to serve us even though they were standing around or walking past gawking and sniggering at us. As an entree about the only available option was toast and jam (but even that was inedible), we tried the soup (which was also crap and took forever to arrive) and in the end we left and went somewhere else. Maybe they assumed the waiguoren was a laomaozi.

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Nov 22 2016, 10:32 AM
  Quote Post

https://au.news.yahoo.com/video/watch/33277...partment/#page1

An ungrateful man was filmed beating up an older couple on the streets of China after they bought him an apartment that was deemed "too small".

The incident took place outside of a real estate office in Harbin, capital of Heilongjiang, China’s north east.

It is believed the couple were the man's parents and had given their son the unit as a wedding present and was deemed "too small", The Shanghaiist reported.
===========

seems chinese need build more apartment , otherwise the oldies will be beat up! WTF.. weirdsmiley.gif
want to hear my take?? that old couple deserve it, because they fail to educate the trash or even spoilt him after bring him to this world....

154 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING