Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

824 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Gold, Discussion
wolverine
post Posted: Yesterday, 08:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: capitalboosters's post @ Yesterday, 03:46 PM

100% of wolverines clicked the link

100% of wolverines think this shitty attempt at advertising was a failure

100% of wolverines suggest providing some useful content to entice people to follow up or be forever judged to be useless spam

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  mistagear  

capitalboosters
post Posted: Yesterday, 03:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: zac's post @ Jul 24 2015, 10:35 AM

59% of users recommend selling Silver today.
http://capitalboosters.com/commodity-tips

zac
post Posted: Jul 24 2015, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 23 2015, 02:17 PM

http://www.kitco.com/news/video/show/Kitco...tes---Jim-Grant

capitalboosters
post Posted: Jul 23 2015, 07:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 23 2015, 02:17 PM

56% of users recommend buying Gold.
http://capitalboosters.com/commodity-tips

early birds
post Posted: Jul 23 2015, 02:17 PM
  Quote Post

Speaking of gold, Morgan Stanley says the price of the precious metal could fall as low as $US800 an ounce.
Gold's been mauled this week as commodities sank to a 13-year low. It may get a lot worse, according to the investment bank, which said that under its worst-case scenario bullion may tumble to $US800 an ounce.
To get there requires US policy makers to start raising interest rates, another correction in China's stock markets and a sell-down of reserves by central banks, analysts including Tom Price said in a report.
The metal is more likely to trade at about $US1050 an ounce, according to the bank, which left its 2015 forecast unchanged. The price was at $US1,098 on Thursday.
Gold's fallen out of favour with investors as the Federal Reserve prepares to increase borrowing costs, boosting the dollar. Prices could drop below $1,000 an ounce, according to Goldman Sachs's Jeffrey Currie, while Standard Chartered said it will probably extend losses. The rout in bullion helped to drag the Bloomberg Commodity Index to the lowest level since 2002 as crude oil and base metals fell.
Gold for immediate delivery sank to $US1086.18 an ounce on Monday, the lowest level since March 2010, according to Bloomberg generic pricing, and it last traded below $US800 in 2008

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets-liv...l#ixzz3ggVP3MMp
=============

i saw usd$1000/o is a strong support from long term chart, and if gold goes under usd1000 level, then we should see some high cost production line shut down. that will bring supply and demand into a more balanced situation.imho.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

early birds
post Posted: Jul 23 2015, 01:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: eshmun's post @ Jul 23 2015, 01:20 PM

my grandmother passed away long ago and i do respect her as any decent human would do towards their ancestors.
i know you are little different, but didn't know you are a low scum who willing to trade your grands or whatever, man!! you beat me!! weirdsmiley.gif

eshmun
post Posted: Jul 23 2015, 01:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jul 23 2015, 10:34 AM

eb You would trade your own grandmother if you could find a market to do it on.

early birds
post Posted: Jul 23 2015, 10:34 AM
  Quote Post

"Physical demand for gold in China is down 9 percent. Worldwide, demand for gold coins, gold bars down 17 percent this year. So you're not getting the buyers even though the price is going lower," said trader Anthony Grisanti on CNBC's "Futures Now
http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/22/gold-is-doi...n-20-years.html

see the fact, and trade it. if one don't do that and try to play the market is not only ignorant also we call these type ---imbecile! cool.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  arty  

eshmun
post Posted: Jul 22 2015, 05:32 PM
  Quote Post

]To suggest that "Gold has always been the favorite commodity of a fringe crowd" is patently ignorant and I can't be bothered reading what is contained in that link.

Below are some charts I made from the World Gold Council data (which is the most accurate data you can get within the international gold holdings disclosure system that the world currently has).

The first is the world FX reserves measured in $US. The second and third are world gold reserves measured in US$ and in tonnes and the fourth is the percentage of gold as a proportion of all countries central bank reserves.

As you can see since Q1 2009 the world's central banks have been adding to their gold reserves as measured in tonnage. What you can also see is that since the US started manipulating the price of gold down in its paper derivatives markets the value of the world's gold reserves as measured in $US has fallen since Q3 2012. So it is not the appetite for gold among countries of the world which has fallen but the value of the world gold reserves as measured in $US. It is obvious to anyone with a brain that this is of great benefit to the US as it helps maintain its US dollar hegemony over the world. Export fiat paper money created by decades of monetisation of debt and exchange it for hard products created in the sweat shops of Asia and the rest of the world. You can also see that as a proportion of the world's reserves, gold has maintained its percentage above 8% since the data set started in Q1 of 2000. This is not a bad performance for "the favourite commodity of the fringe crowd" given the rapid expansion in the world money supply over the same period.

The one thing I can agree with in that statement is that gold is a belief system, a belief system that has existed since the earliest evidence of gold having infiltrated human culture. So far it has been found draping bodies in burial sights as far back as 4600BC at Varna (in Bulgaria).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varna_Necropolis

It has been valued as a cultural object or as a form of monetary exchange by humans since and probably before these first known archaeological finds. Gold is ingrained in almost every culture of man with the exception of some primitive and tribal cultures which may not have had any access to it (living on coral islands) and instead chose to value other objects such as shells, feathers and other totemic objects or objects which stored a societies collective wealth. We continue to ingrain gold into all cultures across the world today. Think of sayings in the West like "as good as gold", "gold standard", "its a gold mine" etc. We award gold as the highest honour in medals for the Nobel prize, the Olympics, the list goes on and on.

Just because Janet Yellen and her predecessors have chosen to devalue gold temporarily for their own rotten gains, they will never remove it from the human psyche, there it remains imprinted.

That comment, I repeat, shows the utmost ignorance of the history of the human race.

Eshmun

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

]

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  MissAdventure  PeterH  

arty
post Posted: Jul 22 2015, 01:02 PM
  Quote Post

A slightly different opinion:
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/why-gold-...;Link=obnetwork

He may have a point:
Gold has always been the favorite commodity of a fringe crowd that doesnít trust governments, central banks, politicians and the financial system. This part of the gold market drives a lot of the buying and selling; it whips up a lot of frenzy. I donít have any hard evidence, but Iíd argue that goldís value is inflated by people who arenít investing in a commodity but in a belief system

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  nipper  

824 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING