Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

834 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Gold, Discussion
mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 15 2018, 12:03 PM
  Quote Post

Gold hit its highest intraweek level that has not been seen since August 2016.
That August 2016 level was reached after a steady climb from 1040, which was a low not seen since 2009.
After reaching the August 2016 , gold had a steady decline until December 2017.
Since then it has tried a couple of times to break above 1300, but was never sustained.
A close above 1380 may well signal a bull run in gold.
Especially if things accelerate in Syria.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

blacksheep
post Posted: Mar 23 2018, 02:52 PM
  Quote Post

extract from zerohedge article - China Is One Signature Away From Dealing The Dollar A Death Blow
The Petrodollarís Downfall Could be a Lift for Gold
Amongst all the trouble ahead for the dollar, there are some good news too. The U.S. might have ditched the gold standard in the 1970ís, but with gold making a return to world headlinesÖ we could see a resurgence.

For the first time since our nation abandoned the gold standard decades ago, physical gold is being reintroduced to the global monetary system in a major way. That alone is incredibly good news for gold owners.

A reintroduction of gold to the global economy could result in a notable rise in gold prices. Itís safe to assume exporters are more likely to choose a gold-backed financial instrument over one created out of thin air any day of the week.

Soon after, we could see more and more nations jump on the bandwagon, resulting in a substantial rise in gold prices.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-22/c...llar-death-blow

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Mar 22 2018, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

$100 million raised for Pilbara gold exploration, in last few months
https://stockhead.com.au/resources/cash-flo...-investors-dig/

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

marketwinner
post Posted: Mar 17 2018, 08:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 23 2018, 01:39 PM

http://www.kitco.com/news/2018-03-16/Gold-...llar-Firms.html

Gold Sells Off, Hits New Low For The Week, As U.S. Dollar Firms

nipper
post Posted: Feb 23 2018, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

Jim Rickards putting a case for Gold; including the underpinning of economies (and wishthinking $10,000/ oz if we have to reintroduce Gold Standard)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4xpZm7JlqU

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Jan 22 2018, 04:07 PM
  Quote Post

Geologists find bacteria that takes traces of gold and turns them into nuggets

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/techandscien...uYRDe?li=AA4Zor
Geologists have discovered bacteria on a patch of earth in regional Queensland that takes natural traces of gold and turns them into nuggets...

..[He] explained the bacteria worked to filter out other minerals such as silver and copper to "build these little nuggets, grain by grain, layer by layer by layer".

- ground breaking but not earth shattering

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 19 2018, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

Saxo Bank's Quarterly Outlook for Q1 2018
Saxo Bank's strategy team is out with their take on world markets for the first quarter of 2018.
CONTENTS:
HOW TO SPOT A BUBBLE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PAGE 3
BUBBLES: A TECHNICAL APPROACH . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PAGE 6
HOUSING BUBBLES ARE POPPING UP EVERYWHERE
Ö SO WHAT NOW? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PAGE 8
EQUITIES: THE MOST IMPORTANT YEAR SINCE 2008 . . . . . . PAGE 12
FOREX: CURRENCIES EYE A BUBBLY 2018 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PAGE 17
COMMODITIES: INFLATION IN FOCUS
AS GOLD BULLS GATHER STRENGTH . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PAGE 20
BONDS: DEEPWATER HORIZON . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PAGE 22
WILL THE CRYPTOCURRENCY
MANIA CONTINUE? . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PAGE 26

https://www.home.saxo/-/media/documents/qua...ook-q1_2018.pdf

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

cooderman
post Posted: Jan 2 2018, 09:39 AM
  Quote Post

Gold on a tear for last two weeks. See if 1310-1320 is strong Res. or a possible push towards 1350.

Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  nipper  

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 29 2017, 10:45 PM
  Quote Post

Year's Best Commodities Fund Is Betting on 2018 Mining M&A
By Susanne Barton
December 29, 2017, 11:00 AM GMT+11
In the gold industry, Commodity Capital is looking to target companies with assets primarily in the Americas and Australia that produce at least 100,000 ounces a year with reserves of at least 1 million ounces, Tretter said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...ing-m-a-in-2018

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Dec 29 2017, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

Australia's Gold industry at a glance:

- 66 operating gold mines across the nation
- 80,000 people living in gold mining towns or regions
- 26,000 directly employed in gold mining
- Contributed $4.5 billion this financial year
- 280 tonnes of gold produced in 2016
- Australia is the second largest producer after China

--------------------

834 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING