Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

811 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Gold, Discussion
cooderman
post Posted: Jan 21 2015, 02:00 PM
  Quote Post

still pushing higher....it may test that downtrend on the Weekly at about 1327..away from the computer for a few weeks and missed the big moves.....looks similar to this time last year
Attached Image

flower
post Posted: Jan 21 2015, 01:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 20 2015, 11:05 PM

Overnight GLD bought 11 tonnes of the metal, the first time for many months. What does this indicate other than an inpouring of cash seeking safety?
-----------------------------------------------------

Current holdings held in trust:

Tonnes742.24

Ounces23,863,852.96

Value US$30,744,451,346.36

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Jan 20 2015, 11:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: eBear's post @ Jan 20 2015, 10:23 PM

A likely pullback, profit taking, on the cards here volume relatively high for this hour of the night.

If there is a pull back in the POG within the next 24hrs that should not surprise, since on Thursday we get the long awaited QE announcement from the ECB and the POG is anticipating a really hefty dose of money creation, the danger for the POG is that the announcement disappoints the QE bulls, and gold gets sold off as a result---- as the USD rises.

--------------------

eBear
post Posted: Jan 20 2015, 10:23 PM
  Quote Post

A likely pullback, profit taking, on the cards here volume relatively high for this hour of the night.

... be an abbreviation in the forming uptrend.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
"There is no present or future-only the past, happening over and over again-now"

- Eugene O'Neill

surfer
post Posted: Jan 17 2015, 02:03 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like next stop for gold is around $1315. As for NST the skies the limit after $2.

flower
post Posted: Jan 13 2015, 11:35 PM
  Quote Post

Some outfit appears to have taken a big call position
--------------------------------------------------------------

Enormous Bullish Gold Bet was just made with Call Options

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=...l3oJRJsf0Qpuebw

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jan 13 2015, 02:28 PM
  Quote Post

If the October high can be beaten, then the next target is USD1250.

POG in USD surely due a pull back, should this happen the better ASX gold producers may now ignore any POG pullback.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Mookie
post Posted: Jan 13 2015, 12:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 13 2015, 10:05 AM

wren

You will find the XGD up 50% from it's lows so essentially most investors on average would be up around 50% before your timely call that perhaps it might be a good idea to buy some gold stocks.

As for the RMS post rather than a "brag" it was a bit more of an informative post which spelt out that the share price was near certain to rise in the near future.

I feel no obligation to post exactly when I buy or sell. I don't mind being honest so I care not if someone believes I have bought or not. My self-image isn't tied to how people perceive me on sharescene unlike the incessant ego driven posts from insecure types on this forum.

But don't get me wrong I am up well over 50% on gold stocks this CY and if there is an implied award for the "best and most wonderful sharescene poster and money maker" then I probably should enter if not put a couple of dollars on myself at the local TAB.

flower
post Posted: Jan 13 2015, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mookie's post @ Jan 12 2015, 12:32 PM

The HUI has bottomed. Should I buy some US gold shares then?

Hi Mookie, if you are serious about buying US gold shares be aware the US year end reporting season and 2015 guidance is just about to start, both Golden Star and Goldcorp kicked the season off yesterday, worthwhile noting that how the US gold majors perform does have some bearing on sentiment as far as our gold index is concerned.

That US reporting season goes right through to the end of March.

--------------------

wren
post Posted: Jan 12 2015, 02:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mookie's post @ Jan 12 2015, 12:32 PM

"Personally I like buying my shares before they go up 50%. "
Really! A few days ago you stated…."Bought a few RMS a couple of days ago as it's decline had bottomed out and looked like it was going to go on a bit of a breakout.." This post was only made AFTER it had risen 30% or so.If you wish to tell us about your purchases when you make them,that's up to you,and ditto when you sell.If you don't wish to disclose anything at all that is also fine.But what is the point of informing us what a clever fellow you are days after you allegedly purchased a stock at a price much less than it currently is?

811 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING