Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

Historical ASX data
focus
post Posted: Oct 28 2009, 12:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: GeoffreyT's post @ Oct 28 2009, 10:43 AM

I use FCharts pro and I get my EOD data from cooltrader.com.au. Its free but the free one is only available next morning. You have to register but I have never had a problem having it loaded into FCharts

Also you can download several months worth

focus

--------------------
Old Lighthouse Mechanics - Keep the Lights Burning from Dusk till Dawn

GeoffreyT
post Posted: Oct 28 2009, 10:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: princey37's post @ Feb 10 2009, 08:02 PM

G'day Princey37,

I've got a mailing list that sends out EoD data about 30mins after the close each day. PM me and I'll send you the link to the tarball for each full year (data goes back to 1984).

Cheerio

--------------------
GT
First Prime, Supreme Overlord, Lictor and Ranter-in-Chief
http://www.marketmentat.com

princey37
post Posted: Feb 10 2009, 08:02 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all

Just wondering where i would be able to download End of Day data for Australian shares for the whole year. I have FCharts and have looked at float.com for the data but cant download data dating back a year.
Is there any other places where i can get data going back a year for all aussie shares?

Thanks
Princey.

binh25
post Posted: Mar 6 2006, 08:19 AM
  Quote Post

Thankyou all, all post are very handy and informative :-)
Regards
Binh

theflasherman
post Posted: Mar 5 2006, 11:08 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (binh25 @ Sunday 05/03/06 10:08am)

Hi binh25

Try http://www.eoddata.com/ for share price information. The info is free if you sign up.

Regarding fundamental data, be very careful about data aggregators because there are often errors in the information, especially for smaller companies. You also need to understand what the definitions are for each ratio and measure as it can differ to what you are trying to achieve.

If you have access to a Bloomberg or Reuters terminal you would be able to get this information but these services cost a fortune.

Also try http://asx.netquote.com.au/. They offer a range of services, some for free others at a cost.

--------------------
[b]Later, Flash[/b]

postitnote
post Posted: Mar 5 2006, 10:42 PM
  Quote Post

www.comsec.com.au

You have to formally become a member ( follow the prompts ) .
When you become a member , log on , go to research , enter the company code , and click on financials . You will get 10 years of financial data .

www.westpacbroking.com.au will render you similar data too . I use both sites .
Have-a-nice-day Postitnote

binh25
post Posted: Mar 5 2006, 08:08 PM
  Quote Post

Hi Does anyone know a site that has historic stock data for ASX company?

I'm interested in EPS/DPS/BVPS price range for the stock from lowest-highest?

Thanks

neutron
post Posted: Sep 17 2005, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (drarthur @ Saturday 17/09/05 09:35am)

You have probably tried all the best recovery tools.

The most powerful recovery software I have used is R-Studio.

Was able to recover files others couldn't see.

drarthur
post Posted: Sep 17 2005, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Smartman_plc on Saturday 17/09/05 09:42am

Smart man, thanks for the help. Tried everything. The HDD is full of bad clusters, I got most of the important stuff including my metastock custom explorers, portfolio inormation, my MYOB files, all word documents and excel spreadsheets, and all family digital pics. Lost a fair few MP3's, and my historical data as well as emails are corrupted.

Luckily I found my last back up which goes back about 6+ months, so once I get a new HDD (hopefully today) I'll be RobAde's suggestion to get the more recent stuff.

Funny thing about back ups ( and virus checkers), I'm very meticulous about it on the work computers and have reprimanded staff for missing a day if backing up. But onto my laptop, I do all my virus and spyware stuff, but slack about back ups. I'll be adding a batch file onto the new HDD to back up to the work server end of every day as well as to my home desktop comp when I get home.

--------------------
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

Smartman_plc
post Posted: Sep 17 2005, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

Not sure if the ASX has all the data you want, but they state at

http://www.asx.com.au/investor/futures/historical_data.htm

"ASXs Market Data business provides Price History reports in electronic format for a fee. To order a Price History Report please contact us."

Looks like it might cost you a fair bit to recover everything you want if you go that route. Looking on that page, the ASX has monthly files going back to January 2002. I would be surprised if that do not have information going back to Adam and Eve Pty. Ltd. Thing is that the information is probably not in the form that you want and can use.

As another suggestion. You do not generally lose the data on the disk but rather the links to the data have been corrupted and so lost. You could try things like Norton Utilities to try and recover information, or take the disk into a good computer technician who might be able recover the information for you.

However, you may well know and tried all the above and still up the creek. sadsmiley02.gif

Important lesson to everybody is to back up imformation that is important and not easily reproducable otherwise you might feel like puke.gif

--------------------
Cheers,
Smartman

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING