Logo
Registered Members Login:
   
Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

84 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    
 
  
Reply to this topic

BKP, BARAKA ENERGY & RESOURCES LIMITED
apache123
post Posted: Jul 23 2013, 10:37 AM
  Quote Post


Posts: 5,157
Thanks: 100


Seismic has been kicked off for southern and north west parts of Georgina Basin according to article on Upstream

http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/article1332773.ece





--------------------
Buyer beware: Do your own research before investing....
 
apache123
post Posted: Jun 12 2013, 09:38 AM
  Quote Post


Posts: 5,157
Thanks: 100


Some steps to sort out the PetroFrontier funding issue.

StatOil unfortunately don't take operatorship till Sept 2013.
The four exploration permits affected are EPs 103, 104, 127 and 128

QUOTE
Statoil grows Oz shale footprint


http://www.upstreamonline.com/live/article1329620.ece




--------------------
Buyer beware: Do your own research before investing....
 
dmayberr
post Posted: Jun 21 2012, 10:16 AM
  Quote Post


Posts: 61
Thanks: 4


Good announcement out today re Statoil farm-in, nice partner to have given their position in the Bakken and similaarities between it and the Arthur Creek shale, may send the share price north fairly quickly.

 
garryg
post Posted: Jun 19 2012, 10:49 PM
  Quote Post


Posts: 1,271
Thanks: 58


In Reply To: garryg's post @ Apr 23 2012, 07:22 PM

Finally finished with BKP. Was hoping for a late surge in the SP but the general market nervousness, tax-time selling and the offer of better BESBS plays has impacted upon BKP at the moment. While the current drill might turn out to be a huge success (and I do hope so for holders), I'll take my profit and go. Only had 20% of original parcel remaining but now out.
All the best to holders.

Time to get set elsewhere following the BESBS strategy.

SOLD final 20% of main parcel (bought at .003c) for .011c at 266% profit with 50% CGT free smile.gif
SOLD 80% of main parcel (bought at .003c) at .0165c ave. 400+% profit with 50% CGT free biggrin.gif
SOLD trading parcel at .019c (4% profit)

 
garryg
post Posted: Apr 23 2012, 07:22 PM
  Quote Post


Posts: 1,271
Thanks: 58


In Reply To: apache123's post @ Apr 23 2012, 02:05 PM

Hi Apache,

I suspect we won't see drilling until later in H2 2012.
Happy to hold but pity it is taking so long.




Holding 20% of main parcel at .003c
SOLD 80% of main parcel (bought at .003c) at .0165c ave. 400+% profit with 50% CGT free biggrin.gif
[b]SOLD[/b] trading parcel at .019c (4% profit) huh.gif

 
apache123
post Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:05 PM
  Quote Post


Posts: 5,157
Thanks: 100


Hmmmm...... Its past mid April and no announcement when the Ensign Rig 918 will arrive on site.

Has the rain delayed the rig getting to the site?



--------------------
Buyer beware: Do your own research before investing....
 


apache123
post Posted: Mar 27 2012, 01:22 PM
  Quote Post


Posts: 5,157
Thanks: 100


In Reply To: apache123's post @ Mar 26 2012, 03:26 PM

hmmm... Standard reply from BKP in regard to the ASX Speeding Ticket



--------------------
Buyer beware: Do your own research before investing....
 
apache123
post Posted: Mar 26 2012, 03:26 PM
  Quote Post


Posts: 5,157
Thanks: 100


May need to check the rear view mirror for ASX Speeding ticket.

SP up 20% at one stage with 25M changed hands



--------------------
Buyer beware: Do your own research before investing....
 
garryg
post Posted: Oct 31 2011, 07:21 PM
  Quote Post


Posts: 1,271
Thanks: 58


In Reply To: garryg's post @ Oct 16 2011, 09:03 PM

Today BKP announced that the rig is ready to go! This isnow the pointy end of the deal. Given theshale involved (provided that Greece and Europe hold up ok), I reckon thefollowing might be the pattern:[/size]

[size="3"]
SP to hold and increase slightly (I can see 2c/2.2c maybe) asthe vertical drill starts to go down. IF they hit oil shows here(not likely as in any wildcat) , then whooshka – 2.5c+ simply on excitement. If not, then we should see a smallsell-off and then interest as the horizontal drilling commences. It is not outrageous to think that they might hit oil shows in horizontal drilling stage. If they ‘market’ this as a great discovery (they almostcertainly won’t have a clue how good it is without fraccing), then the SP willrise again (target SP dependent on earlier vertical drill). If nothing, then the SP will drop veryquickly. If, like GGP recently, oil is found above early expectations, then SP goes whooshka.


Remember all, this is a wildcat so the odds are not great (I rate commercial flows chances at 10% or less). However, the chances of untested 'oil shows' in the horizontal section are reasonable and emotion would drive the SP up in this case.


Hold on...the ride begins again.

Holding 20% of main parcel at .003c
SOLD 80% of main parcel (bought at .003c) at .0165c ave.
400+% profit
with 50% CGT free biggrin.gif
[b]SOLD[/b] trading parcel at .019c
(4% profit) huh.gif




 
garryg
post Posted: Oct 16 2011, 09:03 PM
  Quote Post


Posts: 1,271
Thanks: 58


I've been away for a while, then busy selling (finished the current sales on Thurs/Friday) and buying (and managing the tax issues, always a joy at this time of year...)

Back at my last post, the market didn't look quite as fragile as it was in early October. While I managed to sell my small trading holding in BKP at 1.9c while the SP stagnated for a week or so before spiralling downward (the 4% profit was hardly worth the effort), I have now sold off 80% of my main BKP holdings. Averaging the sales, I only managed .0165c. This was disappointing given the SP was 0.019c when I last posted.
On one hand, I should have sold some of these earlier but I wanted to wait as this slight delay meant that I managed to get the 50% CGT-free concession as I had them for over 12 months. With provisional tax, the drop in profit was more than compensated by this concession (if that makes sense??)

As I read BKP now, we won't hear about the EP-127 spud until it occurs (probably in 2-3 weeks). If we get through October, the market might improve although the issue of Greek debt will arise again in November to some extent. Anyway, I'll let 20% ride into the spud and hope that the day-traders front-up at spud.

Usually I would have let most of it ride at this point. Nonetheless, given the profit already gained and the market at this time (400+% profit with 50% of it CGT-free), I felt it best to follow my conservative nature and get set elsewhere in stocks that offer BESBS potential but with the following features:
1. Probable drilling in the next 4 months (or at least the market thinks so!)
2. Funding largely taken care of (or CR already done)
3. A SP that is within 10% or so of the acompany's annual low.
While there were others around, I've opted for BAS and CUE to begin. I'll comment on those threads. I'm also checking out a couple of others. I am no expert in this game but have found that markets such as our are wonderful opportunities to make significant profits in the 4 month- 12 month terms if one gets set in the right stocks as many are at 'bargain-basement' prices.

So far:

Holding 20% of main parcel at .003c
SOLD 80% of main parcel (bought at .003c) at .0165c ave. 400+% profit with 50% CGT free biggrin.gif
[b]SOLD[/b] trading parcel at .019c (4% profit) huh.gif


Good luck to all holders

 
 


84 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic


You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.


TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING