Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLX, SILEX SYSTEMS LIMITED
jacsar
post Posted: Nov 11 2016, 08:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dr_dazmo's post @ Nov 11 2016, 02:16 PM

Hi ,anyone following the uranium market should read up on BKY...time won't be wasted I feel...Am Holding , only recently entered...cheers

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Nov 11 2016, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 11 2016, 02:22 PM

Don't doubt it Nipper!

I think they used to hold a reasonable amount of cash on the balance sheet.
It would be interesting to know what the market thinks the "blue sky" is worth over and above good old cash in the bank.

As you say, time frame is everything.
I've sold plenty of stocks because I grew tired of waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel.
Sometimes, I've been happy & other times not so.

Cheers
Dr_Dazmo

--------------------
Always remember the Golden Rule - Those with the Gold make the Rules!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Nov 11 2016, 02:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dr_dazmo's post @ Nov 11 2016, 02:16 PM

Long Time between drinks for SLX holders. In fact , disappointment would be the prevailing sentiment?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Nov 11 2016, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

From Motley Fool:

Silex Systems Ltd (ASX: SLX) shares have rocketed higher by an incredible 57% to 55 cents. This morning the nuclear energy technology developer revealed that its licensee GE-Hitachi Global Laser Enrichment has signed an agreement with the US Department of Energy for the sale and purchase of depleted uranium hexafluoride. The deal could result in sales of US$200 million per year, from which SILEX would likely receive a royalty of 7% to 12%.

Cheers
Dr_Dazmo

--------------------

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Nov 11 2016, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

Seems like a bit of movement today..

Energy Department Announces Agreement to Sell Depleted Uranium to be Enriched for Civil Nuclear Power
November 10, 2016 - 12:00pm
(202) 586-4940

GE-Hitachi Global Laser Enrichment Evaluating Construction of $1 Billion Facility for Enrichment Bringing Hundreds of Jobs to Western Kentucky

LEXINGTON, Ky.—The Department of Energy (DOE) has agreed to sell depleted uranium to GE-Hitachi Global Laser Enrichment, LLC (GLE) over a 40-year period which would be enriched at a proposed GLE state-of-the-art facility. The proposed new facility would use depleted uranium to produce natural uranium which is used for production of fuel for civil nuclear reactors. The facility would be built near DOE’s Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant in western Kentucky. The construction and operation of the billion-dollar facility at Paducah could bring approximately 800 to 1,200 jobs to the local community.

“This agreement furthers the Energy Department’s environmental cleanup mission while reducing cleanup costs, creating good local jobs, and supporting an economical enrichment enterprise for our energy needs,” said Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz. “The sale contributes to two key Energy Department mission areas – to fulfill the federal government’s responsibility to manage the safe storage and disposal of nuclear material and to enable nuclear power, America’s largest source of zero-carbon energy and an important enabler for reduced greenhouse gas emissions.”

GLE will finance, construct, own and operate the Paducah Laser Enrichment Facility (PLEF) adjacent to the Energy Department site. The facility will be a commercial uranium enrichment production facility under a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) license. DOE’s inventory of depleted uranium is safely stored in approximately 65,000 specialized storage cylinders at the Department’s Paducah and Portsmouth (Ohio) sites.

The Paducah plant was constructed in the 1950s to enrich uranium for national security applications, and later enriched uranium for commercial nuclear power generation. The Energy Department resumed control of the plant enrichment facilities in 2014 after the operator ceased gaseous-diffusion enrichment operations in 2013.

The Department’s Portsmouth/Paducah Project Office (PPPO) is currently deactivating the plant in preparation for decontamination and decommissioning, while it continues to complete environmental cleanup that began in the late 1980s. Cleanup includes groundwater remediation, inactive-facility demolition, conversion of depleted uranium to more stable forms for reuse or disposal, and other projects.

The mission of the Office of Environmental Management (EM) is to complete the safe cleanup of the environmental legacy brought about from five decades of nuclear weapons development and government-sponsored nuclear energy research.

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Aug 21 2016, 04:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Aug 3 2016, 02:18 PM

You will now notice that the Construction Intelligence Center website has again been updated for both Paducah and Wilmington since I last posted it here!

http://www.construction-ic.com/HomePage/Pr...rview%2F151013#

http://www.construction-ic.com/HomePage/Pr...rview%2F168133#

You will notice that they have changed the wording from this -: GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) is planning to construct a laser enrichment facility in Kentucky, the US.

To this -: Global Laser Enrichment (GLE), a joint venture between General Electric Co. (GE), Hitachi Ltd and Cameco, is planning to construct the Laser Uranium Enrichment Facility in Kentucky, the US.

See how they have now broken up the ownership now of GLE into seperate entities, I reckon one of those three companies is leaving, I think it may be Hitachi who may be selling their share, that would effectively mean that GEH is leaving wouldn't it?

I very much doubt that GE would ever sell it's controlling interest of it's 51% holding in GLE and then let another company build a laser enrichment plant on GE land (Their Land), I don't believe for one minute that could or would ever occur?

Also in an earlier version of the Construction Intelligence Center release about Paducah, they said that the NRC will be providing the License for it to GLE in September 2016.

So we may get to see something next month, in other documents it said that the NRC license for Paducah would be provided BY November 2016, so I guess September 2016 would still fit that bill BY November wouldn't it?

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

moosey
post Posted: Aug 3 2016, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

Regarding the ownership structure of GLE, I am of the opinion that it may be Hitachi pulling out? which in effect would still leave GE or GENE in particular with the 51% holding still in place?

I could see a company like Converdyn who would have some great synergies with GLE/GNF-A being a company that would be interested? they are a company that would also have a great deal to lose if recycling gets up and they were not part of this? they would also have deep pockets, they are owned by General Atomics and Honeywell, as an aside they also make the drone Predator for the US military.

I really can't see GE who also hold the license to the Silex process pulling out and then letting some other company build a laser enrichment plant on their land (which as you can see is still happening), it would not add up in my book, I can see Hitachi selling their part, they will need funds shortly to start building the first PRISM reactor in the US, I will show some links on that later'

Can anyone here see that if you took out only Hitachi, you would have effectively taken out GEH and the GE component would then come under GENE possibly?

I reckon in the end we may get to see four companies owning GLE GE/GNE 51% Cameco 25% Converdyn say 21% and Silex say 4% or somthing along those lines maybe?

I believe there may also be a reason why Silex get to own a certain percentage for a very small outlay?

It was done for a reason and I think I know what the reason was, it relates to the sudden increase of SP in SLX, we then had the GEH announcement, I believe it had the desired effect!

Have a look at page 62 where it shows the ownership structure of GLE
http://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1122/ML11229A173.pdf
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
All posters Please note, the decision to either buy or sell this share is entirely the individuals choice, I am not authorised to give investment advice, I post here to discuss the merits of technology as I see it, which may or may not be correct? and any information here is worth what you paid for it! the moose is loose

moosey
post Posted: Aug 3 2016, 03:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dr_dazmo's post @ Aug 3 2016, 02:36 PM

If you look at the company structure, I believe that GEH were always going to leave at some point? but I very much doubt that GE will be parting with it's 51% controlling interest in GLE and then allow another company to build the Wilming plant on THEIR land, it won't happen in my opinion, I think what may be happening is that Hitachi may be parting with teir 25% because I believe they now have other fish to fry.<br /><br />If wilmington is going ahead then so is Paducah, because part of what they get there (the u235 in the form of UF6 and also the U238 as a future fuel for fast breeder reactors) is a necessary component of the re enrichment of RepU from the Used Nuclear Fuel, all of this is associated with PRISM and the Advanced Recycling Center, the ARC separates out three bundles, one is the Plutonium and some actinides mixed in, the second is what they call the Candu bundle, because it can be used directly in a Candu reactor but only once more, or they can re enrich it back to LEU grade and re use it back in a light boiling water reactor and they can do this many times over, besides nthe US doesn't have any Candu reactors.<br /><br />I will post more on this later.

--------------------

dr_dazmo
post Posted: Aug 3 2016, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: moosey's post @ Aug 3 2016, 02:18 PM

Hi Moosey,
Thanks for the information.
I'm interested in your thoughts as to why, given this progress, GE-Hitachi flagged in April their intention to exit GLE?
It seems unlikely that they would have been unaware of these developments given their connections in the area.

Thanks
Dr_Dazmo

--------------------

moosey
post Posted: Aug 3 2016, 02:18 PM
  Quote Post

It,s been a long time since I posted here, this is something that I posted on Hotcopper, maybe some of you are interested as someone from here was asking me?

There is more to this but I won't be posting it here, but if I know you I will share it, so long as it isn't revealed here or anywhere else!

Paducah and Wilmington are both going ahead NEXT YEAR, Q2 of 2017 is when the estimated start is occurring. Paducah is an integral part of the Wilmington plant, it is required to provide top up fuel in the form of UF6 to enable recycling of UNF.
Paducah is a dual purpose plant also just like I predicted, they are going to build a purpose built storage area for the recovered U238, something that Michael Goldsworthy said is valuable in his address to the SA royal commission, it will be used as part of the fuel for next generation IV reactors, I have always said the plant had to be serving more than one purpose and it is, I also said that they would not be selling the Uranium on market and it looks to me as if they are not, they will lease it to GLE for recycling, I won't post the second link about PPaducah, it may possibly be harmful to Silex, for non disclosure reasons?

Early this year I found the link below , I was excited about that, but I decided to look further.

I first of all found this link -: http://www.construction-ic.com/HomePage/Pr...rview%2F151013#

GLE – Laser Uranium Enrichment Plant – North Carolina
Project Overview
Project Stage: Planning Profile Status: Live
Project Type: Parent Project Announcement Quarter: Q1 2009
Project Value: USD 1000 million Construction Start Quarter: Q3 2016(Estimated)
Project City: Wilmington Project End Quarter: Q4 2020
Construction Type: New Project Country: United States
Location Type: OnShore Last Update: 9 Dec 2015
Funding Mode: Private
Project Description
Global Laser Enrichment (GLE), a joint venture between General Electric Co., Hitachi Ltd and Cameco is planning to construct the Laser Uranium Enrichment Plant project in North Carolina, the US.
The project involves construction of a laser uranium enrichment facility.
The project includes the construction of production units, storage tanks and other related facilities and the installation of machinery and safety systems.
Silex Systems Ltd (Silex) has been appointed to provide laser technology for the project.
In June 2009, GE-Hitachi (GEH) submitted the last part of its license application for the GLE plant.
In third quarter of 2009, GLE began a 'test loop' for the commercial use of the laser enrichment process.
In April 2010, GLE announced successful completion of the first phase of the test loop program, designs for the commercial facility were evolved and economic feasibility was verified.
In February 2012, Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) published a favorable environmental review of the project.
The US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) has issued a license for development of the project in September 2012.
In May 2013, further tests are being conducted to accumulate performance, operating reliability and life-time data on the technology.
Planning activities are underway.
Stakeholder Information:
Planning Authority: US Nuclear Regulatory Commission
Consultant Contract (Technology): Silex Systems Limited

You will note that if you open the above link now the info has been updated, it is for a 1MWSU pilot plant in my opinion. to test recycling of UNF.

Finding this link above made me think! hey I wonder if they also had something on Paducah?
So I tried a few tags from the Wilmington one but changed the name to Paducah !
Maybe you can find it yourself if you look hard enough?

For those that don't believe GLE are preparing a pilot plant for UNF recycling? just read this link it has lots of useful info in it, some of which I have posted here.

The Russians are in the UNF recycling race already, I posted a link about that previously, and guess what? they will alos be adding U235 into the recycled UNF to bring it back up to specs as LEU and the Russians are also going to lease the Uranium in the recycled UNF.

http://www.nrc.gov/materials/reprocessing.html#repro

Background
In 2007, the Commission directed the staff to complete an analysis of Title 10 of the Code of Federal Regulations (10 CFR) to identify regulatory gaps for licensing an advanced reprocessing facility and recycling reactor.
In mid-2008, two nuclear industry companies informed the agency of their intent to seek a license for a reprocessing facility in the U.S. An additional company expressed its support for updating the regulatory framework for reprocessing, but stopped short of stating its intent to seek a license for such a facility. At the time, the staff also noted that progress on some Global Nuclear Energy Partnership (GNEP) initiatives had waned and it appeared appropriate to shift the focus of the staff's efforts from specific GNEP-facility regulations to a more broadly applicable framework for commercial reprocessing facilities.

I have documents that show that the two companies that approached the NRC were AREVA and GLE.

--------------------

497 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING