Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

444 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
balance
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  Quote Post

Steve Smith is near deity status after tonight's match. 164 , highest one day innings at the SCG, takes one of the best catches you will ever see. Absolute blinder. The catch

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

early birds
post Posted: Nov 28 2016, 09:44 AM
  Quote Post

thanks henrietta for the pro info. for half hearted fans like me, we need pros like you and balance eg.. to feed us more info so you can pull us in{ tialking about grass roots movement} tongue.gif

Khawaja's performance shuted hell up most of his critics --pros and cons{like me}
bearly 8 hour, 308balls with 145 runs----he surely bring the old school test cricket back.
i reckon he will remember this performance for all his life---impressed.
to mos of us----all happy to see aussie team finally have a prop No.3 batsmen--who can carried weight on the shoulder when the team needs him.

still worry about our young batsman{ too young and they needs a lot of hard yard work ...

wolverine
post Posted: Nov 27 2016, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 27 2016, 12:23 PM

He is still shit but good on him for getting a few wickets.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  early birds  

arty
post Posted: Nov 27 2016, 12:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Nov 27 2016, 11:15 AM

no argument there, J
I was merely quoting the article linked to.
In any case, even half the rate of a "Legend" is still not bad for a "shit" puke.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  

henrietta
post Posted: Nov 27 2016, 11:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Nov 27 2016, 10:01 AM

Now Arty , you should look at the statistics more closely. Clarrie got his 216 test wickets in 37 matches at an average of 24, with 21 five wicket hauls.
Nathan has taken 59 tests for his, at an average of 33.6, and 7 five wicket hauls. Know who I'd rather have.

Now, can the Aussies finish off this test with some authority, that's the big question.

Cheers
J

nb Clarrie also got The Don out 10 times

arty
post Posted: Nov 27 2016, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Nov 26 2016, 09:27 PM

3-fer
in number of wickets taken, Nathan Lyon has now overtaken the legendary Clarrie Grimmett, a player once regarded the nation's greatest spin bowler: http://www.cricket.com.au/news/nathan-lyon...ball/2016-11-26

not bad for a "shit" puke.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

wolverine
post Posted: Nov 26 2016, 09:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ Nov 26 2016, 09:21 PM

Yeah pretty much snoozing watching some volleyball online.... did he get some?

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

frodo
post Posted: Nov 26 2016, 09:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Nov 26 2016, 05:01 PM

Have you been asleep Wolverine.

wolverine
post Posted: Nov 26 2016, 05:01 PM
  Quote Post

Lyon is still shit.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

triage
post Posted: Nov 25 2016, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Nov 25 2016, 07:34 AM

Hey J yes Matt Renshaw looks to have a good temperment, he was leaving balls that I'm pretty sure Warner and Burns would have been waving at. Kevin Peiterson (spelling?) reckons he has spotted a technical flaw in Renshaw's forward defence so no doubt he will have been tweeting to his South African mates about where to bowl to Renshaw this afternoon.

Just on Faf's tactic of declaring while David Warner was off the field (surely there are enough hangers-on the the Australian camp for someone to have been wise to that rule) I heard Shane Warne suggest that Australia could feign an overnight netting injury to Usman Khawaja and have Warner and Renshaw effectively open first thing today. Yet another example of why I'm glad Warne was never given the captaincy of the Australian side.

Peiterson and Warne: both really great cricketers and both, in my opinion, such dickheads.

I have to say that even though Renshaw's parents insist that their son is as aussie as could be he still has the fleshiness in his face of the stereotypical pom. Maybe just puppy fat. Anyway I wish him luck.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

444 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING