Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

462 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
triage
post Posted: Feb 18 2018, 08:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Feb 17 2018, 06:53 PM

And a great reply from young Will Pucovski, 188 in only his third or fourth Shield game. His run rate was nothing like Renshaw's but that he was so steady given the circumstances is a plus.

Listened to a bit of cricket commentary on ABC radio yesterday and I found it interesting that in discussion about two of the games specific mention was made of how the Duke ball was moving around. Tis a shame some of the test players are not having to bat against Duke balls every weekend.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

triage
post Posted: Feb 17 2018, 06:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Feb 16 2018, 02:05 PM

J - it was not only the weight of runs but the rate of runs that is impressive: 170 at a strike rate of 77.98, those are Matty Hayden like figures. When an opening batter can make that sort of contribution on Day One, it totally changes the complexion of the game, it allows the middle order batters to go hard as well and leaves the opposition with only one option, that is to try and save the game.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

henrietta
post Posted: Feb 16 2018, 02:05 PM
  Quote Post

Matt Renshaw making runs again. You beauty !!

Cheers
J

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

arty
post Posted: Jan 29 2018, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

Perth Stadium Organisers: 1
Aussie 1-day Cricket Team: nil

An old Pro Hart commercial comes to mind:
"Oh Meesta Smith! What a Mess!!"

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 26 2018, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

England 5 for 8 ........ must be some sort of record surely !!

Cheers
J

balance
post Posted: Jan 24 2018, 09:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jan 24 2018, 09:20 PM

A very handy attack with Steyne on his way out.

They've dropped Kohli twice already. Could cost them heaps the way he can bat.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

triage
post Posted: Jan 24 2018, 09:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jan 22 2018, 04:10 PM

Looks like South Africa has got themselves another impressive fast bowler: last week 21 year old Lungi Ngidi debuted with 6 for 39 in the 2nd innings of the second test to help wrap up the 3 test series against the number one ranked India. So even with Dale Steyn out injured they still have four quality fast bowlers, led by the top ranked Kagiso Rabada who is also but a pup, at 22 years of age.

The third test has started, be interesting to see if Ngidi can maintain the form.

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 22 2018, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

Squads for South Africa

For Tests in SA: Steven Smith (capt), David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Jackson Bird, Pat Cummins, Peter Handscomb, Josh Hazlewood, Jon Holland, Usman Khawaja, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine (wk), Jhye Richardson, Mitchell Starc.

For T20Is v England and New Zealand: David Warner (capt), Aaron Finch, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Ben Dwarshuis, Travis Head, Chris Lynn, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, D'Arcy Short, Billy Stanlake, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Adam Zampa

I'm very sad for Mat Renshaw ......... I reckon he's a class act. I wouldn't bother with Mitchell Marsh. Other than that it looks OK. Will be a very stern test for the players and the tough ones will shine.

Cheers
J

arty
post Posted: Jan 18 2018, 03:29 PM
  Quote Post

An English father goes into his daughter's bedroom and sees a letter addressed to "Mummy and Daddy" on the bed. With a heavy heart he opens it and reads:

Dearest Mummy and Daddy,

It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm telling you that I've eloped with my new boyfriend. I've found real love and he is so nice - especially with all his piercings, scars, tattoos and his big American motorcycle.

But it's not only that, I'm pregnant and Ahmed said that we will be very happy in his caravan in the forest. He wants to have many more children with me and that's one of my dreams, too. I've learned that marijuana does not hurt anyone and we'll be growing it only for us and Ahmed's friends. They're the ones providing us with all the cocaine and ecstasy we could ever want. In the meantime, we'll pray for science to find a cure for AIDS so Ahmed can get better. He really deserves it.

Don't worry about money. Ahmed has arranged for me to be in films that his friends Leroy and Jahmal make in their basement. Apparently I can earn 200 per scene, and I get a 200 bonus if there are more than 3 men in the scene and an extra 100 for the sheep.

Don't worry, Mummy, now that I'm 15 I know how to take care of myself. Someday we'll visit you and Daddy so that you can meet your grandchildren

Your loving daughter,
Sarah

P.S.. Daddy, it's not true - I'm watching television with Jessica and her parents next door
I just wanted to show you that there really are far worse things in life than England losing The Ashes.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 15 2018, 05:36 PM
  Quote Post

Zimbabwe batsman has this recorded : Balls faced 0, out stumped ??

How can you be out stumped , yet have zero balls faced ?

Answer: If the ball is a wide.

Wides are covered by Law 22 of the Laws of Cricket. A wide does not count as one of the six balls in an over, nor as a ball faced by the batsman. When a wide is bowled, one run is added to the runs scored off that ball, and is scored as extras and are added to the team's total, but are not added to a batsman's total.

Didn't know that !!

Cheers
J

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

462 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING