Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

737 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
Pannobhaso
post Posted: Oct 11 2013, 04:34 PM
  Quote Post

Earlier this week the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine (CIRM) provided an update on its funded programs to the Independent Citizens Oversight Committee. Calimmune's Cal-1 trial is one of the CIRM funded programs. Calimmune is a BLT licencee. This is the CIRM update provide to the Committe in regard to the Cal-1 trial.

Symonds
Calimmune

DT1 Filed/Approved IND to conduct first-in-human clinical trial with
autologous cell therapy attacking HIV entry/fusion. The investigational
product is LVsh5/C46(Cal-1) modified CD34+ hematopoietic
stem/progenitor cells and CD4+ T lymphocytes; IRB, RAC approved
and enrolling patients at California sites in 2013, and no reports of
serious safety events;
share trial design & data from a second, planned
future ex-US trial with same product in a different subgroup of HIV
patients.ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT01734850.

So, despite some on this forum claiming that all the patients in this trial would die from the treatment and there would be a cover up by BLT to prevent anyone from knowing, all the patients treated are progressing well. Furthermore, the same version of Cal-1 is now planned to be trailed outside of the US. It seems the doubters should now PUoSU, or go out grazing with Daisy.

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: boylep  Qld1  wasabibarako  

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Oct 9 2013, 11:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Oct 9 2013, 09:45 AM

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with BLT or ddRNAi. If you or anyone else wants to dispute this then produce the scientific evidence that proves the link! I am waiting but I am not holding my breath because, as per usual, there is no evidence to support such ill-informed opinion.

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  diana  

plastic
post Posted: Oct 9 2013, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

I think I now know what Enumerate meant when he said Tacere is a venture which will end in tears for many people. Unless of course you happen to have been a CEO somewhere along the way.

Here's proof ALNY is still messing around with BLT and their patents. I think it provides the grist to "just one more experiment and we'll have it" mill claimed by BIIB the other week. Because despite the upbeat claims in the link below it wasn't that long ago they were saying they had missed their targets using Gal-NAC as was quoted by Dirk. Which just reinforces the BIIB statement and validates the ISIS/Antisense platform since that's who they partnered with. Like it or not, you just can't beat peer review and validation.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/alnylam-adva...-120000923.html

In addition, Alnylam scientists presented new pre-clinical data on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties of GalNAc-siRNA conjugates. Results showed that target gene silencing is achieved at very low levels of liver tissue exposure. Specifically, the tissue drug level associated with 50% target gene silencing (EC50) was determined to be 0.1 micrograms of GalNAc-siRNA per gram of liver tissue. This tissue level is about 1000-fold lower than other oligonucleotide platforms, where the EC50 for liver target gene knockdown is reported to be about 100 micrograms per gram of tissue (Yu et al., Biochem Pharmacol 2009;77:910-919). In additional studies, the levels of GalNAc-siRNA loaded into the RNA-Induced Silencing Complex (RISC) were quantified and determined to be 0.001 microgram per gram of liver tissue, which corresponds to about 500 to 1000 siRNA molecules per cell for RNAi-mediated target gene knockdown. The ability of GalNAc-siRNA to achieve target gene knockdown at low tissue exposure underscores the potential for a wide therapeutic index for these RNAi therapeutics.

From Dirks blog:

At today’s Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference, the President and COO of Alnylam, Barry Greene, told the audience to assume that it took a dose of 5 to 10mg/kg of ALN-TTRsc to achieve the 80% knockdown that had been reported in July. This suggests that ALN-TTRsc has failed to meet the stated goal of limiting the subcutaneous injection volume to 1ml or less as this is predicted to correspond to a dose of 2.5mg/kg.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

plastic
post Posted: Oct 8 2013, 08:18 AM
  Quote Post

Time for another investor presentation I think. Its been a while since they've said nothing of any importance. Perhaps they should put out their final report and call an AGM.

Price now a whopping 1.42c in the old money. If they do a repeat of the 700% gain in 30 minutes for a takeover then we will be looking at a healthy 10c takeover bid and the directors will bask in the glow of success.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Oct 4 2013, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

Hi bb33, can you remember how many antisense drugs ISIS has on the market? I thought they got one approved in the US, you know the one that was banned in Europe because of the off-target side effects. Just goes to show, after all these years, it doesn't work in humans.

Can you think why anyone in their right mind would want BLT to go capital raising again, when they already have enough money to complete their first clinical trail? Sounds like the kind of idea someone with no idea about business would go spouting off? What do you reckon?

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  bb33  

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Oct 3 2013, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bb33's post @ Oct 2 2013, 11:35 PM

There is one other reason why Merck's action may be good for BLT. Merck was developing some in-house ddRNAi programs (we know about the cholesterol treatment and there are probably others that were not published). If Merck no longer wants to pursue these, BLT may be able to pick up the rights to the research for next to nothing? The cholesterol treatment had been tested successfully in NHP's and so it cannot require too much more work to be ready for an IND application. There could be other treasures to be found if we sift through the rumble of the Merck demolition?

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

bb33
post Posted: Oct 2 2013, 11:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Oct 2 2013, 07:29 AM

News not good for Merck. Means not good BLT.

On the contrary:

Roger Perlmutter, the new President of Research of Merck Research Laboratories, is looking to speed up experimental HCV, HIV, and cancer products and says there will be a major shakeup of R&D, as there has been too much emphasis on safety and not enough on the breakthrough potential of biologics. This is his second stint at Merck. His first stint at Merck was apparently an unhappy one, as he thought the company needed to move more quickly beyond its historic franchise with small-molecule chemical drugs to embrace newer biotech drugs made through genetic engineering. Perlmutter is the ex CSO at Amgen. David Baltimore is on Amgen's Board. David Baltimore has taken a licence from Benitec for their biologic HIV candidate in the clinic now. Benitec has a biologic experimental HCV product due to start clinical trails in the next few months. Benitec have a lung cancer therapeutic that has just completed toxicology studies in readiness for an IND next year. Regen just took a licence from Benitec for their biologic IDO cancer therapeutic due in the clinic next year.

I can't see how Merck getting out of in-house siRNA development or platform technologies is a bad thing for Benitec. It just shows they know they went with the wrong crowd and should have gone with viral/plasmid delivered RNAi and gene therapy all along and the fact that they want to do collaborations rather that take out platform companies means we won't be taken over by them for a song.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daynos  boylep  Pannobhaso  wasabibarako  

diana
post Posted: Oct 2 2013, 01:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Pannobhaso's post @ Oct 2 2013, 10:46 AM

Couldn't have put it better myself. BLT is poised and ready for take-off. I bought a few more a couple of weeks ago and am happy to hold and top up as we go.

It's been a very long time coming, but I think we are almost there!!!

R/Di

--------------------
"Adversity does not build character; adversity reveals character."
Sandy Dahl

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Oct 2 2013, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Oct 2 2013, 07:36 AM

I got this of Claude Rains blog.

The recent consolidation of Benitec shares makes the company more attractive to potential partners and investors alike. This was perfect timing as there is renewed market interest in gene therapy. With its HCV drug, TT-034, near to entering the clinic and partner programs already in or close to clinical trials, the company is set for significant share price growth in the New Year. Its Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer drug will be highly sort after after the first clinical results as many pharmas are seeking new, breakthrough treatment for this common form of cancer.

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  boylep  

plastic
post Posted: Oct 2 2013, 07:36 AM
  Quote Post

I got this off HC. For a minute I thought I was reading about BLT then I saw he was referencing ANP and talking some SENSE. But the points made are the same.

Inception:
I've seen 100's of stocks go through a consolidation, and it seems that on nearly every occasion this happens it ends up significantly damaging the stocks/boards reputation and severely damaging long term holders investment.
IMO I wouldn't have expected ANP to opt for a consolidation as it wasn't overly that hard up on outstanding shares, so this has me rather intrigued.
Knowing first hand the risks associated with consolidation it has to make you wonder why on earth would they do this now?
Could this be a lead up to a take over? Think about it.
- sense of excitement about TJAB falling through
- no drugs partnered
- minuscule market share
- books getting tidied up
- a little reward for the long term holders with the options
- a few mil in the bank
The task of partnering up big JVs would be virtually impossible when ANP's market share is only 20mil. A cashed up pharma could easily put in a 50-100mil take over offer and own everything. Any thought?

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

737 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING