Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

745 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Jan 15 2014, 11:01 PM
  Quote Post

Benitec hasn't come up on any of my scans - pity it hasn't.
On the weekly scale, there was a near-perfect double bottom play over the past 5 months or so.

Attached Image

In case someone wonders: The first Low in March can't be counted; even the second in August needed at least some room to prove itself; but in the second week of September, the rise past 33c could have been taken and added to at the second "Buy" arrow at 37c.

Let's not argue about the time it took to hit the 200% target - every astute swing trader would have been happy with 100% profit and sold on the 21st and 22nd October, aiming to reload at the subsequent dip.
As that dip went deeper than my "strong" levels (50% or better still 61.8%), BLT escaped me a second time.

Attached Image

Where to now?
It depends on tomorrow and Friday. If it trades higher, there is only Blue Sky above. But I can also see the threat of a double top forming this time; stocks that play the double bottom pattern, quite often follow it up with the opposite. Today's Shooting Star candle would certainly keep me out because that threatens to turn into a top reversal gap-down tomorrow.
If it doesn't, holders can breathe easy for a while.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daynos  BUDA  

diana
post Posted: Jan 8 2014, 10:13 AM
  Quote Post

Nice to see the SP moving up again. Then of course the stage the company is at now should ensure that the SP heads in this direction for the foreseeable future. This technology deserves to be advanced at pace. It is one of those medical game changers with massive potential and with the broad concept proven to work, it is not unreasonable to expect to pretty spectacular SP growth in the not too distant future. At least that's my humble opinion. Having thought that for as long as I have, I could still be made to wait a lot longer. The bureaucratic nature of the developmental facet of the pharmaceutical industry still dictates that everything moves at a lot less than a very slow snails pace. Anyway, it's looking better and better.

R/Di

--------------------
"Adversity does not build character; adversity reveals character."
Sandy Dahl

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  daynos  

bb33
post Posted: Jan 1 2014, 11:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jan 1 2014, 08:36 PM

Wow, such amazing insight from plastic who was stupid enough to pay well in excess of $2 a share. You knew nothing in 2006, and you still know nothing in 2014. I think we all know who is living in la-la land.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  

plastic
post Posted: Jan 1 2014, 08:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Pannobhaso's post @ Dec 30 2013, 01:06 AM

Anyone who thinks the share price is going to move dramaticly on the trial starting are in la-la land.

Small trials don't cut it with the FDA for one. PGL have trials underway now. Have done for a long time. Their share price has been in the toilet for ever.

Whats PGL got to with BLT you ask.

SM and Chiplin were both involved with that company as well.

So don't hold your breath if dosing starts. It wont make the tiniest bit of difference to anything.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daynos  

bb33
post Posted: Jan 1 2014, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Jan 1 2014, 09:05 AM

Blah Blah Blah, another year of the same old rubbish from plastic to look forward to. How many years have you been bitter over paying $2 for your shares. Oh, that's right, since 2006. You have to get your timing right when it comes to biotechs. You took the plunge 8 years too soon. Get over it.

get an adult to read through them with you.

The adults in plastic's nut-house must be too busy trying to get his medication right to help him understand ASX announcements.

plastic
post Posted: Jan 1 2014, 09:05 AM
  Quote Post

Goodness me! Everyone knows by now not to believe a word these people say.

To date, every penny raised so far has been used to pay exorbitant salaries so certain people can live in houses with big garages in Balmain and take swank holidays to the South of France and Italy.

Which still leaves the question of how are they gonna pay for those trials now BLTOB is a bust?

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Dec 31 2013, 03:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Dec 31 2013, 03:13 PM

How are they going to pay for the upcoming trials?

Clearly you either don't read the company's ASX announcements or, more likely, you just don't understand them. If you really want to know the answer to this question go to http://www.benitec.com/asx-releases.php and get an adult to read through them with you.

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

plastic
post Posted: Dec 31 2013, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

There is still time to Bpay your BLTOBs if the cut off is midnight.

How are they going to pay for the upcoming trials? Hope they don't become a forced seller. Two and a bit cents would look good otherwise.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Dec 30 2013, 01:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Dec 29 2013, 05:11 PM

Now tell me, why did PFE walk away again?

Seeing as how this is the season of goodwill I'll tell you.

The NHP data for TT-034 is impeccable and Pfizer put their name on this research so without clinical trials Pfizer would have no scientific reason for abandoning the project. Furthermore, there is no reason assume that it will be anything other than successful in humans.

When Pfizer closed its plant in Sandwich in the UK 2,400 jobs were lost. All of the in-house research into gene silencing was abandoned along with numerous other projects. Pfizer but a comment on the pipeline pages of their website saying that they were no longer interested in gene silencing technologies. The last time I checked, Pfizer had removed this comment. Maybe they are now starting to see that they let a gem slip through their hands when they made that global cost cutting decision to close Sandwich and maybe they are waiting in the wings to buy back the project when the in-human trial confirms the NHP results?

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: boylep  wasabibarako  

bb33
post Posted: Dec 29 2013, 04:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Dec 29 2013, 01:21 PM

What an idiot.

I personally like making money, and I like dogs. Anyone who participated in the last capital raising is up 115% on this 'dog'. How terrible.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: plastic  

745 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING