Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

734 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Sep 28 2013, 07:24 AM
  Quote Post

BLT holders seem resigned to the fact that they are now bag holders of a failed company with nothing to offer except further future prophecies of enormous wealth based on some remote hope of a bespectacled man wearing a white coat in a lab somewhere that we know is not owned by BLT or located in its Balmain garage.

After Rutherford split the atom it was about thirty or forty years before any meaningful value came from it. That led to Fat Man and Little Boy and the ensuing shift of geo-political power balances.

However, at the time scientists were adamant there existed a sub-atomic particle. That has now been proven true. Called the Higgs-Boson particle, it only took one hundred years and God knows how many tens of millions of dollars to discover and it is still worthless as a commercial proposition.

As far as BLT and it's ddRNAi is concerned, with the advent of computers lets hope they can get something meaningful within thirty years. Given the ten or so years they have been listed already, I'm guessing they may have something worth chewing the fat with in another twenty or so. After all, it took ISIS just over twenty to get to where they are today.

The only hope they have is to be subsumed by a larger entity and let them develop whatever it is BLT think they have.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rubra  

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Sep 27 2013, 03:49 PM
  Quote Post

The new webcast is a very good presentation from the company. Assuming that the third party data is ready shortly and the IND can be finalised, Q2 next year should be a very exciting time as the preliminary safety data should be available by then. That should, hopefully, put an end to the negative antisense posted on this thread.

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

plastic
post Posted: Sep 21 2013, 10:16 AM
  Quote Post

Fierce seem to be on the right track with what to expect with this headline.

I would ring September 30th given the following. But then again, if that is what they are saying then it is the date to least expect it.

The document, in its entirety amounts to the business plan for the Crafar Farms. They keep talking about the target company but it is not disclosed anywhere who the target company is.

http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews...20130910009.pdf

Prime Minister John Key, the ex-Merril Lyncher and arch-deal maker, is currently overseas. After meeting the Queen he is off to Europe to meet "business leaders". Then he ends his trip in NYC again meeting "business leaders". Since the only markets missing out of the jig saw of biotech deals are western Europe and the US, I can't help but wonder if these "business leaders" include the heads of pharmaceutical companies and JP Morgan. JPM dominate the registry of nearly every small biotech on the ASX. Meanwhile, his wing-man Minister of Finance, Bill English, he's currently on a trip to Asia with the purpose of meeting "business leaders".

Maybe this is where all the loose threads of the TPP talks get tied off.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Sep 20 2013, 01:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Sep 20 2013, 09:50 AM

Still waiting for the explanation of how Daisy was created using single strand RNA; how DNA cloned into a cow egg is Regulus technology.

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

plastic
post Posted: Sep 20 2013, 09:50 AM
  Quote Post

Begun what? In the old money this price is still less than two cents!

Hope people have noticed the big jump in ISIS overnight. Over ten percent. The last 1% will be expensive.

Also, CSL have stopped their buy back programme. Prima facie that is totally unrelated to BLT. But look past the facade and you will see it is highly relevant.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

diana
post Posted: Sep 18 2013, 11:03 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: vida's post @ Sep 18 2013, 10:51 AM

To quote the old Carpenters song ... We've only just begun. biggrin.gif

R/Di

--------------------
"Adversity does not build character; adversity reveals character."
Sandy Dahl

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  

vida
post Posted: Sep 18 2013, 10:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Pannobhaso's post @ Sep 16 2013, 02:27 AM

at least the share price is going the right way.. finally!!!!!!!!!! I've practically recouped my earlier sitting-on-it-long-period-loss on BLT.. now when will the dividend come through ? ........ is it time to sell? or can it achieve more?

vida
post Posted: Sep 18 2013, 10:50 AM
  Quote Post

at least the share price is going the right way.. finally!!!!!!!!!! I've practically recouped my earlier sitting-on-it-long-period-loss on BLT.. now when will the dividend come through ? ........ is it time to sell? or can it achieve more?

vida
post Posted: Sep 18 2013, 10:50 AM
  Quote Post

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Sep 16 2013, 02:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Pannobhaso's post @ Sep 15 2013, 08:34 PM

Dasiy

For the record:

The RNAi technique employed by the scientists uses miRNA (microRNA). These are hairpin loops similar to the shrna that BLT's technology relies on but are none coding (ncRNA). This RNAi approach is NOT based on antisense technology or ssRNAi.
Pannobhaso 03 Oct 2012

So perhaps Big P should qualify his opinion that Daisy isn't based on antisense or ssRNAi. Anyone who reads the first six pages of the prospectus will soon realize his bluff.
Plastic 03 Oct 2012
After all, Daisy the hypo-allergenic milk cow was developed with ssRNAi.
Plastic 14 Jan 2013
Kind of like Daisy the Hypoallergenic Cow. That was all about mRNA and ssRNAi
Plastic 31 March 2013

And what did the scientist who produced Daisy say, oh yes, Daisy was produced by cloning - having engineered DNA inserted into a cow's egg. Doesn't sound much like ssRNA to me but perhaps someone can explain how DNA is really a single strand of RNA. I am sure there are thousands of scientists around the world who would love to know how they have mis-understood about DNA all these years.

Tell me plastic, are you on the Regulus or ISIS scientific advisory boards? I am sure you would have them all bamboozled.

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

734 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING