Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

758 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: May 1 2014, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

VHL is in a trading halt pending material transaction to be revealed Monday. Novartis has pulled the plug on them apparently. I guess they must have another pharma partner lined up as an alternative.

Merck to hold their investor conference shortly. PFE to hold their quarterly CC.

Watch this space.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

plastic
post Posted: Apr 30 2014, 07:27 PM
  Quote Post

The AZ presentation released today is very impressive and informative. I am unsure as to how some of the claims can be made because they have not had trials yet. But that does not take anything away from the quality of the information presented.

A major hole observed was, no mention of Regulus and their HCV programme with mRNA despite the claim that AZ's Moderna is a leader in the mRNA space . Which reinforces my original conjecture that BLT's HCV programme is in fact RGLS' and the end result for BLT is terminal. The American's coming on board was the fatal shot that will result in a takeover offer at some stage.

No mention of PFE's and Art Krieg's baby, Mirna, in the mRNA space either.

I find it implausible though the claim on the first page that companies like Silence, RXi, Tekmira, and Dicerna are all employing ddRNAi. Whatever happened to Bluebird and the others?

My conclusion is, this is just another attempt to bedazzle the punters with science.

I did notice the inclusion of a real phone number. Not a cellular one. I guess that's the hotline to the Big Balmain Garage.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

plastic
post Posted: Apr 30 2014, 07:25 PM
  Quote Post

The AZ presentation released today is very impressive and informative. I am unsure as to how some of the claims can be made because they have not had trials yet. But that does not take anything away from the quality of the information presented.

A major hole observed was, no mention of Regulus and their HCV programme with mRNA despite the claim that AZ's Moderna is a leader in the mRNA space . Which reinforces my original conjecture that BLT's HCV programme is in fact RGLS' and the end result for BLT is terminal. The American's coming on board was the fatal shot that will result in a takeover offer at some stage.

No mention of PFE's and Art Krieg's baby, Mirna, in the mRNA space either.

I find it implausible though the claim on the first page that companies like Silence, RXi, Tekmira, and Dicerna are all employing ddRNAi. Whatever happened to Bluebird and the others?

My conclusion is, this is just another attempt to bedazzle the punters with science.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

plastic
post Posted: Apr 30 2014, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

The churlishness of these people is evident in the lateness of the filing of the quarterly. Looks like its a race to see who can file latest.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

plastic
post Posted: Apr 30 2014, 03:19 AM
  Quote Post

Nothing overnight from MRK. Investor briefing to be held May 6

PFE to hold conference call May 5th.

They sure like to drag things out.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

plastic
post Posted: Apr 29 2014, 04:30 PM
  Quote Post

If MRK are to flesh out the details of their restructuring it should come tomorrow on their conference call IMHO.

Then we should see an end to this sorry saga.

May is the official month for Hepatitis. Perhaps we will get some breakthrough announcement.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

plastic
post Posted: Apr 28 2014, 11:56 PM
  Quote Post

it is a curious anomaly that when Roche, Pfizer or other pharmas have divested themselves of a significant part of the business all the bloggers jump to the ready to be the smart one by telling everyone its part of a larger strategy involving biotech readiness.

MRK, the ONLY US big pharma to have made a genuine play in RNAi with its Sirna deal, its failed BLT play and the more recent ALNY transaction made simultaneously with ALNY-GENZ is divestinga $14bn unit and not a peep out of all the experts.Which tells us all we need to know IMHO.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

vida
post Posted: Apr 25 2014, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bb33's post @ Apr 25 2014, 02:20 AM

I didn't profit from Benitec directly anyway, clearly you don't know how the share market works. I profited from someone who wanted to buy my shares at a far higher price than I paid for them a long time ago when I bought from another share trader who was willing to sell at a very low SP he probably made a profit as well at that point in time..who knows.. they are share trades, not science or mice

vida
post Posted: Apr 25 2014, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bb33's post @ Apr 25 2014, 02:20 AM

always will be trolls who talk trash... its not posturing it is the truth.. we all profit one way or another from cruel slavery of animals and people we just usually don't mention it... I donate to amnesty but buy designer clothes no doubt often manufactured unethically, it is the culture human beings have created and sweep a lot under the carpet denying denying .. science and food products are undeniably in the main based on unnecessary brutality to animals.. this is not posturing.. this is just reality.. face it - I did communicate with the managing director of Benitec on the issue a while ago and his response was along the lines of he was not happy about it either but unfortunately some testing carried out on animals was unavoidable and required by law etc etc.. why do people get so angry and abusive when confronted with some bare facts about the life we humans are creating based on violence and murder, specieism

bb33
post Posted: Apr 25 2014, 02:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: vida's post @ Apr 24 2014, 11:12 PM

Gotta love the sanctimonious posturing of a pseudo animal rights activist who profits from a company that conducts drug research on animals. Oh the irony.

758 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING