Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

817 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Nov 28 2015, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

The HBV virus directs itself and embeds in to the host DNA. BLT and their ddRNAi tries to do the same thing. I know this because I was told it by PF when he went on one of his goofy TV shows.

So what then is the difference? BLT via ARWR try to replicate the HBV pathway in order to engineer it away for a cure.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Nov 28 2015, 10:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Nov 28 2015, 05:58 AM

Once again you give us all a laugh as you spectacularly demonstrate your lack of knowledge of the science. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  

plastic
post Posted: Nov 28 2015, 05:58 AM
  Quote Post

Interesting comments on IV about a Seeking Alpha article concerning DNA directed therapeutics for HBV and ARWR. The warning signs are alarming and it sounds a lot like BLTs science.

I suspect ARWR is playing around with BLTs ddRNAi for HBV as they are with PYCs endosomal escape hatch stuff. Looking forward to the next utterance from ARWR.

Concerning HBV:
They have learned with the Chimp trials that ARC-520 does an excellent job on the non-integrated DNA of HBV, but that when there is virus DNA integrated into the patient's DNA, ARC-520 doesn't do the job -- thus ARC-521. This is new science, was unknown before and it shows that they have the skill-set to finish off HBV, but the big payoff will be delayed for ARC-521 to progress through clinical trials. They are putting the best face forward for ARC-520, but it will be useful only for a subset of patients and then only if their immune system can deal then with the small amount of integrated virus DNA in those patients -- I think this is probable, but unknown

Meanwhile, RGLS is flying up in trading and BLT just drops every day. Day after day.

I think biotech is going to have a huge run in to Xmas but I am unconvinced BLT is going to be the big winner. I don't even know if after fifteen or twenty years or whatever it is they have reached PoC yet.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 26 2015, 06:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Nov 19 2015, 05:45 PM

gotta wonder if those ARWR chimps are on the state registry or private

Mystery solved. They are private and belong to the Texas Biomedical Research Institute according to this very interesting though dated, read below. ARWR has had very close connections to Melbourne and Hong Kong. China and Australia. BLT now owned by the Americans.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/AMD...0script_0_0.pdf

This is what they are about.

http://www.txbiomed.org/about

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 26 2015, 03:07 PM
  Quote Post

If I were a scurrilous, inconscionable Chinese and/or a mega-billionaire looking to make a stir, cause some trouble, piss some people off and send a bunch of shorts broke to the tune of probably billions I would make a move tomorrow while the US markets are closed. That way, when the markets re-open they will have to cover and we would have the mother of all short squeezes.

Unfortunately and probably luckily for me I am not a scurrilous, inconscionable Chinese. Nor am I a mega-billionaire. Because of it I could never take any pleasure from making a stir, causing trouble or pissing some people off. puke.gif

So I will just keep my fingers crossed instead.

The Chinese have sold out of BLT already so I can't imagine it happening anyway. I'd laugh myself silly if it did though. laugh.gif Who'd be the turkey then on Thanksgiving Day?

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 26 2015, 03:06 PM
  Quote Post

In error.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 26 2015, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

A significant premium must be about 40c now. That would be about 1.6c in the old money.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 24 2015, 03:24 PM
  Quote Post

Why is it PFE is grabbing all the headlines with Allergan, Zoetis, cornerstones in recent IPOs and a focus on future strategies while MRK is just completely off the radar? Supposedly it was some kind of go it alone strategy but it is evident to everyone who looks that this strategy is a failed one. So what gives?

I'm guessing they are a target for CSL and a rationalized AU biotech sector. To be announced before years end and closed early next quarter.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 24 2015, 01:58 PM
  Quote Post

Sabby. Out of the BLT fire and in to the ROSG fire. PF is well and truly out of his depth with these guys.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 24 2015, 10:18 AM
  Quote Post

Delayed to at least the 8th of December if you know of the cascade effect of this.

http://www.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconews...20151123589.pdf

Come the 8th, wouldn't be surprised if it is delayed again.

This is looking like a New Years Eve announcement. At least it will still be Q415 as promised.

--------------------

817 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING