Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

729 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
rubra
post Posted: Aug 3 2013, 03:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bb33's post @ Aug 3 2013, 11:51 AM

"it is a bit like buying the rights to the Sony Walkman when they are about to release the next generation I-Pod."

I-Pod in this context is spelled ssRNAi. And that ANP announcement tells me an awful lot. Can't wait til we see who gets the first Breakthrough Therapy to market first. Being conducted in secrecy right now. You can be sure it isn't BLT though. CSIRO calls the shots there.

I can remember a similar situation many years ago with HAART drugs. This time I am picking it is either prostate cancer or alzheimers.

"tell me how these 'miscreants' are now in control? "

You show us the top twenty options lists and the National Nominee details and I'll tell you all you need to know. Until then, the knowledge that the deadbeats still sit on the board will suffice to kill off all hope of an economic return here. Watch the price drift down once normal trading resumes.

by the way, why do u think no one else was interested in paying more than $1 for tacere?

4 093 000 shares u say for $1.35 ? 5% holding u say?
and that was the best tacere could do? next gleevec!

Could you point me to the app3b and f603 for those shares?

bb33
post Posted: Aug 3 2013, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rubra's post @ Aug 2 2013, 01:44 PM

Heralding the purchase of Tacere for $1 as a coup

TT-034 has gone from strength to strength and we are one month from dosing patients in what could be the next Gleevec. Success here will mean this is the biggest coup in biotech history. Not only did BLT manage to keep it alive by selling it to Tacere, who also had to pay BLT dividends when they on-sold it to Pfizer, they had the biggest and most experienced pharma in the world employing over 100 scientists trying to get it to the clinic in what is estimated to have cost them over $100m. The lead scientists at Pfizer are rumoured to have begged those holding the purse strings to keep the program before they shut down the entire division, such was the excitement over the drug's potential. These same lead scientists that were about to lose their jobs that helped Tacere/Benitec negotiate with Pfizer in order to get the relevant data in order to lodge an IND to keep the program alive, without paying them a dime.

Now, we could say it is all a load of rubbish, but over 500 animals have been successfully dosed to date. Only two primates showed toxicity at the highest dose, which lead to the researchers to find the key that may lead to the success of all future therapeutic ddRNAi programs. This finding allows massive doses 100 times what is therapeutically necessary to be administered without toxicity. All other primates still expressing the ddRNAi 18 months later indicates the program was not failing, but the closure of the entire Sandwich facility, along with all of it's workforce, was simply a decision made by administrative personnel who clearly didn't care what programs it was slashing.

Now, as for the share register. BLT bought Tacere for 4,093,000 ordinary shares (post consoilidation), no cash. BLT originally received a minimum of $1,161,000 for Tacere in cash and dividends, who, in turn had Pfizer pay them $7m to do all the work. Now, by luck or destiny, BLT again retain worldwide rights to a potential blockbuster that has advanced to clinical stage for a bunch of shares. Shares that are now worth @ $1,350,000. Tacere just scrap into the 5% significant holder bracket.

Please Rubra, tell me how these 'miscreants' are now in control?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: boylep  daynos  

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Aug 2 2013, 05:28 PM
  Quote Post

The SS Guide to BLT is proving so accurate, and predicting amazing things, so I think that I will buy some more shares.

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

bb33
post Posted: Aug 2 2013, 03:23 PM
  Quote Post

Just keep an eye on ANP for a heads up on where things are going.

I assume that, seeing as you are such the antisense fan, you were alerting us to the greatness of ANP prior to this morning's announcement. What a shame their shareprice is plummetting due to delays in PII due to not being able to recruit participants. Now, what was I just saying about pipeline blowouts. Maybe ANP would have been better off trying to treat or cure a disease that affects hundreds of thousand, like HCV, instead of an orphan disease. If they had have, they might be able to match even BLT's paltry market cap. I doubt it though, as, whilst antisense may have it's uses, it is a bit like buying the rights to the Sony Walkman when they are about to release the next generation I-Pod.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daynos  

bb33
post Posted: Aug 2 2013, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

What would you know about comparing apples with apples. You just called Bluebird an orange and tried to compare it to an apple. As you are acting like a a monkey, you surely would have known it was a banana.

You would think that even a monkey would know that Pfizer's drugs and Benitec's drugs are subject to the same rules and regulations enforced by the FDA, but, thanks for highlighting the possibility of a Breakthrough Therapy Designation. No doubt, the next potential blockbuster will be approved in record time. And, in case you hadn't noticed, Benitec has $12m in cash, so I see absolutely no reason why the company would decide to take it private like they did with AMT/uniQure, but hey, keep on trying, I find it quite amusing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daynos  

rubra
post Posted: Aug 2 2013, 01:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bb33's post @ Aug 2 2013, 09:05 AM

What is misleading is comparing BLT trials and tribulations to Pfizers. The process PFE goes through is under a old technology with an old FDA and under old protocols. These days all the laws have been changed. New people installed at the FDA with a new mandate. Even a new designation for a drug being Breakthrough Technology Therapeutic or something similar. The whole purpose of these changes were to speed up the process of drug development.

So to be comparing apples with oranges while insisting the orange is an apple because they both came off a tree is very misleading.

Heralding the purchase of Tacere for $1 as a coup is just as misleading as comparing apples with oranges. The upshot of that is the registery is full of the miscreants that were there before SM and CSIRO took over. The people we absolutely did not want to know at the beginning of this bad joke are back in control.

My prediction for this is it will be another Uniqure. ATM used to be Uniqure. It got delisted, then relisted under another name with the same IP. Making a lot of people wealthy in the process. Either that or it will be another ICV and HOG. That was a Bridges deal. Check out the price of HOG since he did it. Absolutely terrible.

Just keep an eye on ANP for a heads up on where things are going.

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Aug 2 2013, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

It's 2 August today. Now where is that buy-out that was promised by the serial pest on this thread? Oh yes, there has not been one. WRONG again.

At least this reaffirms that the SS Quick-fire Guide to BLT works, that is there real truth is exactly the opposite of whatever Plastic/rubra (or should it be rubber) posts on SS. So, by this measure BLT should have a strong performance over the next twelve months. GREAT.

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

bb33
post Posted: Aug 2 2013, 09:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rubra's post @ Aug 1 2013, 08:24 PM

From the text that Rubra has provided, BLT have done EXACTLY what they they said they would do with the $8m from the capital raising of just over 2 years ago. They have advanced their programs taking ALL of them closer to clinical trials. They never said they would be in clinical trials by now, because, as a drug development company they realise that getting a drug to clinical trials takes a long time. The pipeline has blown out, but anyone who believes for a second that this does not happen in every biotech or pharmaceutical company out there has rocks in their head. Pfizer says it takes them on average 12 years and $1.5b to get a new drug to market. I guess this means that BLT are actually moving at about the same pace, or even quicker, than the biggest drug company in the world, and they are doing it for a fraction of the price. In addition, they have snapped up tt-034, a drug they thought they had lost, but managed to get back without paying Tacere or Pfizer any money, after Pfizer had spend over $100m advancing it to a PI ready stage. A drug, I might add, that may turn out to be a blockbuster that we now have worldwide rights to. That Gilead paid Pharmasset $11b for a HCV drug before PIII is testament to the potential value of this drug.

Now, I am not saying that any of this will pan out for BLT or their shareholders. But, people should be very wary of posters like plastic and rubra who clearly have little understanding of the complexities of getting a drug to market and have no idea of the science, and also do not even do the most basic research into similar companies before mouthing off about what they supposedly do, and suggest that because they are using an alternative method, it renders ddRNAi obsolete. What a load of rubbish. These armchair experts make me sick.

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Aug 1 2013, 10:39 PM
  Quote Post

Just in case there is any doubt that Bluebird is a gene therapy company here is their pipeline:

Gene Therapy - True Personalized Medicine
Our objective is to develop and commercialize a next generation of products based on the transformative potential of gene therapy to treat patients with severe genetic and orphan diseases. Central to this effort is a collective determination within our company to provide these patients with hope for a better life in the face of limited or no long-term safe and effective treatment options.

Our approach represents an important new therapeutic modality for patients with severe genetic and orphan diseases with significant unmet medical need. We have two clinical-stage programs in development for childhood cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (CCALD) and beta-thalassemia/sickle cell disease and a preclinical oncology program in the chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells field under a collaboration with Celgene Corporation.
Attached Image

Our gene therapy process involves inserting genetic material into the patient's own cells ex vivo, then re-introducing the cells to the patient. For beta-thalassemia, sickle cell disease and adrenoleukodystrophy, we insert a functional copy of the malfunctioning gene into the patient's hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), with the goal of genetically modifying a patient's own cells to fundamentally correct or address the genetic basis underlying a disease. In oncology, the gene therapy process targets a different cell type, called T cells. In this case, genetic sequences are inserted into a patient's own T cells and are intended to program the T cells to specifically recognize and attack cancer cells. In all cases, gene therapy has the potential to change the way patients are treated by correcting the underlying genetic defect that is the cause of their disease or by providing additional functionality that can eliminate the disease, rather than offering solutions that only address their symptoms. Accordingly, we believe gene therapy has the potential to provide transformative disease modifying effects with life-long clinical benefits based on a single therapeutic administration.

See anything about antisense. No. Well I guess it is WRONG again.

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Aug 1 2013, 09:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: rubra's post @ Aug 1 2013, 08:29 PM

Before you go sounding off why don't you use your brain, oh sorry you don't have one. This from Bluebird's own website:

Gene Therapy

Gene therapy has been an evolving field for the last 20 years that has been characterized by great hope and potential. Gene therapy represents a unique opportunity to change the way patients with severe genetic and orphan diseases are treated by addressing the underlying cause of their disease, rather than offering solutions that focus only on their symptoms. By correcting the underlying genetic defect, we believe gene therapy can provide transformative disease modifying effects—potentially with life-long clinical benefits based on a single therapeutic administration.
Clinical proof of concept has been reported in peer-reviewed and industry journals across numerous important diseases, including:
Beta-thalassemia
Adrenoleukodystrophy
Retinal disease
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia
Hemophilia B
Parkinson’s disease
A growing body of gene therapy-based clinical data, the establishment of regulatory guidelines to govern the development and approval of gene therapy products and increased investment from the biopharmaceutical industry suggest that the time is now for gene therapy to emerge as an important new therapeutic modality for patients with significant unmet medical need. Encouraged by these developments, we believe we are particularly well-positioned to drive the continued advancement of gene therapy technology in treating severe genetic and orphan diseases.

http://www.bluebirdbio.com/platform-overview.php

--------------------
Plastic (Alias rubra)

729 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING