Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

747 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Dec 8 2014, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

Oh my gosh! After another month in purgatory nothing has changed except all the pump jockeys have disappeared. Pannobhaso is probably too busy writing out affidavits for the SEC to be bothered with SS now.

Massive anti-climax was the end result of PF's NYC moment. Expect more of the same. Technically BLT is in a down trend with more of the same ahead if the recent 3B is a guide to anything.

This might be the only chance I get to post before spending another month cleansing my soul, should that be the case have a Merry Xmas and happy new year. Hopefully Santa will be kind to you all because BLT won't be.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

rubra
post Posted: Nov 19 2014, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

Back to 30c again after tomorrow. PF's big US moment to be the moment of revelation and realization.

Kinda like entering the lion's (ALNY) lair and expecting to be welcomed with open paws instead of getting a mauling.

Dicerna, Rossi's baby, the one that had to come to BLT to get its "stuffer" fragment, has gone from over forty bucks to under ten since IPO in Jan. this year. Not a good omen. Dirk not very complimentary towards their programme either.

With just one week to go to Thanksgiving Day, I wonder who it will be giving the thanks for what they have received. Certainly won't be a one way unity ticket for all.

Can't help but get the feeling, some of those state-side will be the ones saying thanks....suckers. Especially after reading about Obama's shellacking of Abbot over climate change at the G20. But that's US foreign policy for you.

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Nov 13 2014, 09:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BUDA's post @ Nov 13 2014, 08:07 PM

I am not sure what "broken record" you are referring to but, regardless of the daily fluctuations in the share price, the technology stands alone.

Genzyme is a Sanofi company and they should know what they are talking about when it comes to gene therapy and RNAi technologies. They tried to partner with ISIS (one of plastic's favourites) to find a treatment for Huntington's Disease and this is what they said about the partnership's efforts with antisense,

Genzyme has been working in the HD field for several years, including through a collaboration
with Isis Pharmaceuticals to develop an antisense-based drugs for the disease. Although the
two companies were able to develop antisense oligos capable of blocking Htt expression,
delivering the molecules into the brain proved a challenge as they do not readily cross the
blood-brain barrier, Stanek said. Further complicating an antisense strategy to treatment is the
chronic nature of HD, which requires continuous treatment for the life of the patient.

As a result, Genzyme has now switched to shrna technology (or ddRNAi as a Benitec tradename) in pre-clinical development of a treatment targeting the same gene Htt gene. They are using an miRNA backbone for the shrna and this is exactly the same technology that Benitec is developing for its AMD program.

The Genzyme team also noted that Alnylam (another of plastic's favourites) walked away from its siRNA pre-clinical partnership with Medtronic because it was all too hard to treat Htt. Medtronic is now also supporting research into a ddRNAi treatment for Huntington's.

So, at least for Huntington's Disease, Benitec's main competitors have failed to deliver and two major companies have now changed their focus to using ddRNAi as a treatment for the disease. This is in addition to other ddRNAi researchers from Lundbeck/U Mass, UC Davis and the RIKEN Brain Science Institute searching for a HD cure using shrna.

If ddRNAi is broken, then what does that say about the competitive technologies?

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

BUDA
post Posted: Nov 13 2014, 08:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bb33's post @ Nov 4 2014, 04:24 PM

I think that's a broken record mate .....Need to change the tune... pump and dump over director retiring, time to move on ...

bb33
post Posted: Nov 4 2014, 04:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bb33's post @ Nov 4 2014, 04:00 PM

Because even Rossi said, there is a lot more work to be done with ddRNAi before it is efficacious.

Really? Here's what he actually said which includes the statement about having a small piece of data that shows it could be efficacious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XqJyYrYgwU

Doesn't sound too downbeat about ddRNAi to me.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Qld1  alwaysalright  

bb33
post Posted: Nov 4 2014, 04:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alwaysalright's post @ Nov 4 2014, 10:44 AM

Apparently Dirk wanted to run a lab for BLT but they just didn't think as much of him as he thinks of himself. He's a dweeb who has burnt all his bridges in order to make some money by manipulating the market by using his so called 'expertise' in RNAi. Funnily enough, the only RNAi company he hasn't yet dissed (probably because it is founded by his old phd supervisor Mark Kay and hasn't yet IPOed and he's desperate for a real job) is Solstic Biologics, who strangely enough work with ddRNAi.

But, by all means believe the word of plastic, a bitter and twisted psychopath who doesn't know the difference between MRNA and MicroRNA over the opinion of Mark Kay, a highly regarded expert in gene therapy and RNAi. Maybe Mark Kay knows what happened to the human participants that died from ddRNAi. I wonder why their families didn't miss them. Perhaps they were clones raised in the lab at Nucleonics lol.

plastic
post Posted: Nov 4 2014, 12:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alwaysalright's post @ Nov 4 2014, 10:44 AM

Didn't Dirk seek employment with them? Perhaps he has an axe to grind

So the story goes. I don't know for a fact though.

I do know for a fact he was feted on a trip Down Under by BLT when they were supposedly on the bones of their ass being propped up and gutted by La Jolla.

Were he to have an axe to grind, would that make him wrong in what he says? Especially after having a closer look with a greater understanding than most at their IP.

Data trumps all and right now they just can't produce it but that could change quickly.

It does and I doubt that it will. Unless you know something nobody else does.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rubra  

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Nov 4 2014, 11:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Nov 4 2014, 03:53 AM

plastic, you have made 6040 posts on SS and only 187 responses have thanked you (and most of these come from your own hand under a second alias). bb33 has posted 163 times and has 104 thanks. What does that tell you? It tells a thinking person that you are posting rubbish and we all know it.

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

bb33
post Posted: Nov 4 2014, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Nov 4 2014, 10:55 AM

This is what you get alwaysright when you ask sharescene's resident loon for his opinion.

Did you know that plastic has his very own 'conspiracy theory' thread. He also posts as Rubra so he can agree with himself and give himself thanks because nobody else in the right mind would.

He's so delusional he even thinks that the moderators are sending him to time out when his psych nurses up his medication.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: alwaysalright  Pannobhaso  daynos  Qld1  

plastic
post Posted: Nov 4 2014, 10:55 AM
  Quote Post

This is basically a startup and will require a hold mentality if bought

Too true. BLT's been a start up for 15 years and it still hasn't started anything save for one dosing.

Why does the IP not cut it with you?

Because it doesn't work. Because it kills all the little micies. Because of the stories doing the rounds it killed the monkeys. Because when Nucleonics were in the picture, stories then were they evented their patients out the door. Because even Rossi said, there is a lot more work to be done with ddRNAi before it is efficacious.

RGLS doesn't impress as it will require much tweaking.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Some are more notable than others though. In this case, I will value the opinion of the market more. RGLS closed on a cap. raise today at $18. It was over-subscribed and by the end of the day it was trading at over $20. Compare that to the cap. raises of ARWR and TKMR and BLT.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: alwaysalright  rubra  

747 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING