Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

736 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
diana
post Posted: Jul 15 2014, 01:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 2 2014, 09:14 AM

The March 2013 1 for 25 Consolidation would have created a lot of unmarketable parcels. It was a 1 for 25. I think shares were somewhere around the 3c mark at that time. Who knows how many people had less than marketable parcels at that stage. Probably more than half the shareholders, but things have certainly come a long way from there.

Great newsletter with the latest Target Price suggested at $4.00 if there is some success with just one of the advanced projects, so fingers crossed.

R/Di

--------------------
"Adversity does not build character; adversity reveals character."
Sandy Dahl

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wasabibarako  

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Jul 15 2014, 12:30 PM
  Quote Post

Just in case anyone missed this news summary.

Silence News

The section on the opening of the lab in the US confirms what I have said previously and dispels the nonsense that was spread about management failing to follow up on its promise to open a lab.

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

Pannobhaso
post Posted: Jul 3 2014, 09:24 PM
  Quote Post

ABC interview did not last 2 minutes and it is not yet available on their website, despite the presenter saying the full interview with Peter French was now available. Pretty poor on the part of the ABC.

--------------------
"It turns out Pannobhaso is right."
Plastic (Alias rubra)

arty
post Posted: Jul 2 2014, 09:14 AM
  Quote Post

Can we get back to facts, and specifically to this buy-back of unmarketable parcels?
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01530305
Can someone tell me whether there have been any such sales previously? I'm puzzled where those small holdings would come from, unless they're left-overs from ten or more years ago.
The monthly chart below relates to current share equivalents and can therefore be used to measure parcel values over time.

Attached Image

So, if someone bought, say, $3,000 worth of shares in June 2005 (or anytime thereafter), the parcel would still be worth around $1,000 which is well above the test of marketability, even if they had not participated in any subsequent dilutions. And in any case, the last dilution happened 3 years ago.
Looking over the more recent years, when BLT traded well below today's range, it becomes even more puzzling: If a parcel was marketable at 50c, surely there is no problem now that it's worth more than twice that...

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

plastic
post Posted: Jun 26 2014, 01:49 PM
  Quote Post

Goes to show how little interest there really is out there on this stock. Or any biotech for that matter. All miners on the head page.

As soon as I am put in to internment the thread goes in to a deep freeze hinbernation save for the personal tete 'a tete bits from those with no opinion. Makes you wonder why someone is so determined to delete all my comments and have me banned.

But my time out in the Naughty Corner is over. So lets see what developed.

Well, firstly, Peter French seems to have himself a new job with CSIRO. Saw it in the video. Now that's what I call a lab. Not some converted garage with a skylight for daylight.

Then the ADR's were registered and started trading. Or were they? And have they? I haven't seen any traded. BNIKF is still being quoted and volume going through. Makes me wonder if Bridges met with the same success at gaining BLT market access in the States as he did when he was at ACL. That is to say, absolutely nil success.

The budget came and went leaving biotechs dazed, bloodied and bruised in its wake with leaders calling on the government to provide leadership in commercialization strategy because the job is too hard for them. Witness SPL's CEO and recent comments from PF.

And today's Calimmune PR states the already stated and well known, that ddRNAi isn't lethal when administered at such low doses that efficacy is nil. How about when they bump the dosage up to get efficacy? What will happen then?

Well I don't know for a fact, but I would imagine the last thing the patient will say to the doctor is, argggggggggggh.

The ray of hope one can have, is that next week is the Fourth of July celebrations and financial year end. If the Americans want to show the world that they have overcome their Chinese Sputnik moment it will be Independence Day.

Certainly all indications point to that being the fact. But that doesn't translate to BLT shareholders becoming financially independent.

--------------------
Where are the Americans?

diana
post Posted: Jun 18 2014, 03:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 18 2014, 02:29 PM

It's been a bit of a struggle, but looking good. Volume improving.

Does that mean not only bacon, but ham for Christmas? rolleyes.gif

R/Di

--------------------
Sandy Dahl

arty
post Posted: Jun 18 2014, 02:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 30 2014, 03:29 PM

a Green shoot! More than a lettuce leaf - $1.30, here we come smile.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: May 30 2014, 03:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: diana's post @ May 30 2014, 12:43 PM

right now, the falling trend line is still offering strong - and exact - resistance. It is also reinforced by the (red) EMA55.
That doesn't mean, however, that the 4th attempt to break through won't succeed. It often does.

Attached Image

I'll set an alert for $1.30 and see how it looks when we get there.
Depending on breakout volume, we may bring home the bacon yet. Lots of it smile.gif

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: daynos  wasabibarako  

diana
post Posted: May 30 2014, 12:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Pannobhaso's post @ May 29 2014, 03:16 PM

I was thinking that, but hey, since we don't read the posts and the mods have to take them down most of the time, it's better that he doesn't bother.

R/Di

--------------------
Sandy Dahl

Dirt_Slider
post Posted: May 30 2014, 12:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Pannobhaso's post @ May 29 2014, 03:16 PM

BENITEC TO ESTABLISH A SPONSORED U.S. ADR PROGRAMSydney Australia, 30 May 2014
Benitec Biopharma Limited (ASX:BLT) is establishing a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt (ADR) program facility trading in the Over-‐The-‐Counter (OTC) market in the United States.Currently, Benitec has an unsponsored ADR program in the U.S. Benitec has appointed the Bank of New York Mellon (BNYM) as its authorised U.S.representative and Depositary Bank to establish the ADR facility. The primary benefit of an ADR program is to widen the secondary capital market for Benitec allowing Benitec shares to be traded more easily for U.S.investors. The ADRs will be tradeable via licensed U.S. brokers in the ordinary course of trading in the OTC market in the U.S.

736 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING