Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

865 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Jan 17 2018, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

Trading like this reminds of the period just before the failed takeover bid all those years ago. Is Nant buying the remainder on the churn or selling out?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Jan 17 2018, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

Does Nant want out? Sure looks like someone does.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rubra  

plastic
post Posted: Jan 17 2018, 06:44 AM
  Quote Post

One has to wonder just what is the problem. No deals of any worth anywhere. No M&A. No nothing going on at all. No hint even at who is going to pick up the slack on neuro now that PFE has dumped it.

Is it licensing negotiations? Chinese v America with a bit of North Korea on the side? Who knows but we can see something is going on because the volumes and prices are ticking up. At this rate we could be in for a middle of the year deal instead of a beginning of the year one. But give it til early Feb. Nothing happens in NZ before summer holidays are over and schools back. More likely the first mover will be in Australia with the Americans. Australia Day is the 26th.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 16 2018, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

This must be one of the largest companies in NZ and its profile is all connected to a single individual who has little to do with it, so we are told, while he awaits/fights extradition to the US.

No wonder it is said one particular individual has it in for Google.

MEGA‏Verified account @MEGAprivacy Jan 12

MEGA now has 100 million registered users!

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 16 2018, 08:57 AM
  Quote Post

For some reason BLT is being discussed on the ABUS thread on InvestorVillage. It seems like you have to be in the know to understand just what the connotations are for ABUS with regards to yesterdays BLT - FDA news.

I must admit I don't quite know myself, but I do remember quite some time ago, when PF was still there, BLT in April 2014, put out some presentation they had made to AZ. In it they, apparently inadvertently, stated ABUS (then Tekmira) along with RXi, Silence, Dicerna, Calimmune, Genable, and Regenerus as companies who were pursuing ddRNAi as a strategy.

So I'm guessing that if the news yesterday is an inflection point, were the PoC data to be overwhelmingly positive then it must be good for ABUS and the other companies.

Worth noting is Dirk has repeatedly been speaking of RXi, Silence and Dicerna recently. He never ever once mentions BLT. Seems he just gave up but is happy to talk about the technology and companies developing it vicariously.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 15 2018, 12:31 PM
  Quote Post

Joizus. Everything jumping like fleas today. Thrills to be had in GTG again. PNV (ex-CSIRO) looking strong on volume.

Over the weekend an angel touched me on the shoulder and whispered, Wednesday, then disappeared. I was stunned. I got up and went for a walk to gather my thoughts and re-centre myself as I am not religious at all. Then as I walking along under the Pohutakawa in its shade on a hot sunny afternoon a bird shit on the same shoulder and on my new shirt!

Lets see what happens on Wednesday when the US re-opens after MLK Day. Might be some people who are awfully disappointed.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 14 2018, 07:17 PM
  Quote Post

Lou Dobbs‏Verified account @LouDobbs 20h20 hours ago Lou Dobbs Retweeted Eric Trump

The stock market has gained an incredible 7.8 Trillion dollars in market value since @POTUS was elected! Looks like 4% economic growth in 4th quarter, lowest level of claims for unemployment benefits in 44 years, and black unemployment rate is the lowest (6.8%) on record! #MAGA

Suddenly, the world is so great again but only the Japanese wish to invest in the US on the back of the tax cuts while all the American firms are handing out surprise bonuses to their workers.

I'm sorry. Something not right in this equation. Whatever we are waiting for must be absolutely massive.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 13 2018, 07:25 AM
  Quote Post

GTG calmed down. Volumes and volatility picking up in others. ARWR getting some strength. ALNY standing still.

It's like we are just waiting to fall off a cliff but I think it will be the cliff face that goes and takes us with it.

Public holiday Monday in the US Next week? Everyone goes back to work Monday.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 11 2018, 05:21 PM
  Quote Post

So why is it such a good idea for Japanese companies to invest in America but not Pfizer when it's America first? Licencing issues perhaps.

Wonder if the investment is for fossil fuel burning vehicles.

Trumps twitter:

Good news: Toyota and Mazda announce giant new Huntsville, Alabama, plant which will produce over 300,000 cars and SUVís a year and employ 4000 people. Companies are coming back to the U.S. in a very big way. Congratulations Alabama!

8:29 PM - 10 Jan 2018

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Jan 9 2018, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

OMG! GTG volumes says it all. Tomorrow the day?

--------------------

865 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING