Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

3873 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
balloon
post Posted: Today, 08:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: IntiRaymi's post @ Today, 07:14 PM

I think it is all genius. You guys are far too uptight. I particularly like the southern cross, its just so relevant. I don't really understand the need for the frog/lizard thing or the bow and arrow girl, but the capital C is totally in context. I'm not so impressed with the typos and links that don't work, but the logo is pure genius. Wolgen is a genius, Lachlan is a genius, Darren Keamy is a really funny guy. Stan just can't wait to retire, he just wants everyone to like him. X-ray and Frogster clearly have no sense of humour and just need to relax and count their future dividends. How is is that latin shit - awesome! No one gave them any credit for hitting their deadline -doubly awesome. After reading their values I can't wait for this whole body cream now I know it will deliver an "innovative medical solution for a previously neglected complex problem". I am also very proud that this is the only company website that refuses to publish independent analyst reports, keeping it all a secret. Just awesome. We are all on a winner here. People on SS said the same thing with the last website revamp and that didn't stop 4 EPP patients in Austria getting reimbursement.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: xray  

IntiRaymi
post Posted: Today, 07:14 PM
  Quote Post

Apologies for beating a dead horse but I’m disgusted by the logo/rebranding

Many might say these things don’t matter but in reality they profoundly affect the credibility a company has. This is the way the company makes a first impression. To new investors, to patients, doctors, to customers, to society. To regulators. This is the image they want to portray. Their identity.

Would it be so dificult to roll things back? Could we possibly petition/vote for a return to the old corporate branding? No hackjob logo, no fumbled Latin.

I remember when I first saw the frilled neck lizard logo in about 2007 I was really impressed. They had a good looking website back then too if I remember correctly. They updated that website a few years later I think and the colour scheme changed which clashed a little. It just seems they’ve got less and less concerned with image over the years

haigoooo
post Posted: Today, 07:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: royco's post @ Today, 06:39 PM

This could happen. May be to produce some kind of "pressure" due to publishing the safety data to public...

royco
post Posted: Today, 06:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Clinhope's post @ Today, 06:21 PM

CEO February newsletter:

"At present our statisticians are pooling the European data on real-time use and clinical trial data before submission of the final clinical module. In evaluating the use of the SCENESSE® in EPP, the focus is on safety, frequency of use, altered lifelong behaviour following drug treatment, and quality of life.

Once the final module is submitted, our teams will report on the safety aspects to date as observed during last year’s post-authorisation distribution in Europe."

My take: the submission of the final module will happen soon and we will find out indirectly because clinuvel will report on the safety aspects from the EU distribution once the fda module is submitted.

--------------------
Ἀρτεμίσιον

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Clinhope  haigoooo  odi01  

Clinhope
post Posted: Today, 06:21 PM
  Quote Post

So according to Investeks great Clinuvel Calendar summary we have till March sometime when the NDA submission should happen. Are we of the opinion that this news will be shared with us or does it just happen quietly in the background?

--------------------
PWC for life...
10am, 28th November 2017 = Final Not So Final Countdown to Blastoff to the moon or soft landing on nearby landing-pad.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171128T10&p0=152&msg=Clinuvel+2017+Annual+General+Meeting&font=cursive

johnnytech
post Posted: Today, 04:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Frogster's post @ Today, 01:24 PM

It's a ridiculous logo in Asian culture too. Any culture for that matter, including Klingon and OompahLoompah.

schlitzo
post Posted: Today, 01:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Clinhope's post @ Today, 10:56 AM

They could have at least given Artemis a decent set of knockers!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Clinhope  

Frogster
post Posted: Today, 01:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: xray's post @ Today, 11:42 AM

So it seems that the logo and the motto have, generally, gone down like a bucket or warm sick with those of us who've expressed an opinion. I'm guessing that we are, on the whole, offering our views as human products of Western economies and cultures. I'm wondering if the branding that is so jarring with us is, infact, designed to target another region?

We know that in the next few months we're expecting to finally get the CUV103 results (around April), focused on an Asian phenotype. We're also expecting to see details of the complementary product lines and markets served (May 20), the launch of the Analytical Lab in Singapore (around June), and the actual launch of the skincare solutions range in Asia (around Aug).

So, maybe, we're witnessing a pivot to Asia? Maybe Europe/US is just too hard? Maybe the logo is designed to capture the imagination of, say, the Chinese market? I don't know, but maybe Asians have a different response to logo graphics than we've mostly had. Does anyone have any views/experience of that? Do Asians seek different visual clues from a logo to Westerners? Perhaps the Southern Cross was included to emphasis the Australian origin of whatever products come to market and as we know in some product areas (i.e. baby formula) the Chinese seem to perceive Australian product as quality. Wild speculation on my part, but who knows?

If this is the case then it begs the question of what are the implications of turning a cold shoulder to Western sensitivities, but that's a question for another day I think.

Another thing that might possibly fit the framework is this Giles Delaney column thing. Apparently he's worked for papers and mags in Asia Pacific for 30 years. I've tried to do the normal searches you do for people these days, and I can't find any details on him or his experience whatsoever. Has anyone else been able to establish his credentials? I'd love to know the terms of his engagement. Editorial freedom yet his only contact point is a Clinuvel email? Seems like an unusual arrangement.

--------------------
Dr Wolgen is a magician.
His end game for Scenesse will impress, or even amaze.
En route, along with glimmers of truth, there will be distractions, illusions, sleight of hand and misdirection.
Enjoy the ride.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Alaaf  

xray
post Posted: Today, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Clinhope's post @ Today, 10:56 AM

It is an amateur logo produced by an amateur designer for an amateur biotech company run by a bunch of amateurs.
Very apt.

Clinhope
post Posted: Today, 10:56 AM
  Quote Post

Another giveaway to this logo being created by a high school kid is that if you look closely it hasn't been finished off to a decent standard in terms of cleaning up the lines and making sure things are symmetrical and neat. These are fine details of the shape of the Kermits tail, Artemis' fingers, inconsistent thickness and curve of the large C surrounding Kermit and Wonder Woman.

WTF I say.

Of course.....it did occur to me that we could be PW's test group.

--------------------
PWC for life...
10am, 28th November 2017 = Final Not So Final Countdown to Blastoff to the moon or soft landing on nearby landing-pad.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171128T10&p0=152&msg=Clinuvel+2017+Annual+General+Meeting&font=cursive

Said 'Thanks' for this post: PunkassDerm  

3873 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING