Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

30 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

HAV, HAVILAH RESOURCES NL
clark888
post Posted: Nov 1 2016, 10:50 AM
  Quote Post

Current HAV research reports available:

Phillip Capital
http://www.havilah-resources.com.au/wp-con...19_HAV_PCRR.pdf

12 month price target $1.10 per share.

"Over the coming months, HAV is expected to add significant value by delineating a mining inventory potentially three times (and possibly more) the original mineral resource that the decision to mine was based on."

Peter Strachan
https://stockanalysis.com.au/images/StockAn...gust%202016.pdf

"Havilah is a speculative buy with a medium term trading price target and base value of $1.08 per share and upside to $1.86 per share as [JORC] Resources move closer to Reserve status and to production."

Cheers

These are only my random thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts

--------------------
"The question is not what you look at but what you see." Henry David Thoreau 1851

ellroy
post Posted: Oct 16 2016, 12:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: clark888's post @ Oct 6 2016, 09:13 PM

Thanks, had seen most of that.

Now just a question of waiting for the results of the recent bedrock drilling in Portia.

clark888
post Posted: Oct 6 2016, 09:13 PM
  Quote Post

View a synchronised power point and audio of the presentation given by Managing Director, Dr Chris Giles, at the RIU Resources Investor Roadshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X-jCLFXj4

Enjoy!

Cheers

These are only my random thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional expert

--------------------
"The question is not what you look at but what you see." Henry David Thoreau 1851

ellroy
post Posted: Sep 4 2016, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: clark888's post @ Aug 23 2016, 02:32 PM

Thanks Clark,
I held these back in the day and have occasionally looked in.
Bought back in recently.

Short term the upside is the weathered bedrock under Portia.
I haven't been able to find a detailed report on all the drills that have intersected the bedrock.
Are they anywhere to be found?

The MD presents well, and he preserves capital and issue of shares. Reading between the lines he seems very optimistic about Portia.

I'm looking forward to the results of the bedrock drilling, it could make a major impact on Havilah and its ability to develop Kalkaroo in good time and without dilution.
Interesting times.

clark888
post Posted: Aug 23 2016, 02:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: clark888's post @ May 9 2016, 12:32 PM

"Note: HAV Management currently believes the primary bedrock copper-gold deposit to be North Portia. Careful logging of the ‘weathered’ graphitic pelite bedrock sequence in Havilah’s drill holes showed that there was a well defined stratigraphy that correlated with the sequence at the nearby North Portia copper-gold deposit.

Back in pre-history, HAV Management’s theory was the gold had eroded from the immediately underlying bedrock at Portia."

HAV Management has now come full circle!!

HAV Management is now telling shareholders that the gold in the Base of Tertiary ('BOT') layer sitting on top of the weathered bedrock has eroded from the immediately underlying bedrock at Portia.

Not a theory any more!

It is a fact because the HAV Geologists (including Dr Giles) can visually see it.

The 'elephant' is below the Portia Gold Mine: for me, the Portia Iceberg. smile.gif

My key extracts from the 2 August 2016 ASX release (IMLTHO the hidden gems) are:

A "Primary vein/replacement style bedrock gold mineralisation system confirmed in pit floor." [page 1, third bullet point].

"Considerable upside potential exists in the immediately underlying ancient Broken Hill age bedrock that is known to host a major gold mineralised replacement/ vein system, and which is considered to be the source of the gold resource currently being mined." [page 3]

"Experience tells us that such mineralised systems tend to be wide and strike and depth persistent." [page 2]

"It is satisfying to now have the indicative physical evidence before our eyes." [page 2]

Implications, IMLTHO

A. The bedrock gold target looks to be a lot longer than the current Portia open pit (the open pit is around 700 metres long). [See page 5]

It addition, the Portia bedrock gold target slopes away at approximate 35 degree angle, dipping east. [See pages 5 and 6]

I am hoping some of the current diamond drill holes are being drilled on that same 35 degree angle, so that they go along strike with the gold ore body ('weathered' bedrock and the bedrock).

B. The Portia Gold Processing Plant will need to be expanded (doubled or tripled in size??) to handle the potential increased gold ore volume from both the 'weathered' bedrock and the bedrock.

For me, once in a generation does a stock like HAV come along.

Cheers

These are only my random thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts

P.S. Dr Chris Giles (a Geologist with North Flinders Mines Limited) was a key part of the small team that discovered The Granites and Callie gold mines in the Tanami Desert in the Northern Territory for North Flinders Mines Limited.

Adelaide based North Flinders Mines Limited was arguably the most successful junior gold resource company in the 1980-90’s.

For Dr Giles it would appear lightning has struck him twice in his lifetime.

Note: for those that are interested, the following link will take you to a write up on The Granites and Callie:

http://www.portergeo.com.au/database/minei...sp?mineid=mn225

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: bg99  

bg99
post Posted: Aug 2 2016, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jacsar's post @ Jul 10 2016, 08:32 PM

good ann today up 30%, putting HAV back at lower end of range where it should be

jacsar
post Posted: Jul 10 2016, 08:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: clark888's post @ Jul 10 2016, 04:49 PM

Thanks for that ,good listening and reading...cheers

clark888
post Posted: Jul 10 2016, 04:49 PM
  Quote Post

Listen to Dr Chris Giles (MD of Havilah Resources Limited) as he presents at the Sydney Mining Club Presentation on 7 July 2016:

http://www.sydneyminingclub.org/presentati...ilah/index.html

It goes for 24 minutes.

In concert with the above SMC Investor Presentation, Tim Moffatt's (of Phillip Capital) interview with Dr Chris Gile, about the progress and current status of the Portia Gold Mine fills in some of the points raised in the above SMC Investor Presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQC0EUBNL2M

It goes for 10 minutes.

IMLTHO a lot of upside here based on the above, particularly with regards to the gold ore in the weathered bedrock under Portia and the South Wall at Portia. biggrin.gif

Cheers

These are only my random thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

--------------------

clark888
post Posted: May 9 2016, 12:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: clark888's post @ Apr 30 2016, 08:05 PM

HAV Management believes the gold in the Base of Tertiary (‘BOT’), which is currently being mined, appears to have moved only a short distance from its source. The BOT gold lays in a shallow, narrow depression immediately above a highly carbonaceous graphitic pelite unit.

The gold in the ‘weathered’ graphitic pelite bedrock samples (see ASX release dated 8 Feb 2007 below) is of similar character to that in the BOT resource, but is notably more "dirty" due to coating and contamination with secondary iron oxides formed during the weathering process.

These observations, combined with the commonly crystalline and vuggy nature of the gold particles, has led HAV Management to conclude that the Portia gold is entirely hydromorphic in origin (i.e. has precipitated from groundwater and essentially grown in situ).

Gold dissolved in acidic groundwater is believed to have migrated down slope from a nearby eroding primary bedrock copper–gold deposit. When these solutions came in contact with the unique highly carbonaceous graphitic pelite, gold was entrapped on the activated carbon, and coarse nuggets began to grow. The BOT gold is only found near the graphitic pelite unit.

Havilah’s drilling also intersected some spectacular gold grades in the ‘weathered’ graphitic pelite bedrock, which appear to have limited lateral continuity. There is no obvious structural or stratigraphic control on the bedrock gold nor depth extensions. It is considered likely by HAV Management that this gold has the same origin as the BOT gold, but has migrated down open fractures in the ‘weathered’ graphitic pelite bedrock where it has deposited in narrow cracks and fissures.

Note: HAV Management currently believes the primary bedrock copper-gold deposit to be North Portia. Careful logging of the ‘weathered’ graphitic pelite bedrock sequence in Havilah’s drill holes showed that there was a well defined stratigraphy that correlated with the sequence at the nearby North Portia copper-gold deposit.

Back in pre-history, HAV Management’s theory was the gold had eroded from the immediately underlying bedrock at Portia.

IMO, as the gold that was dissolved in acidic groundwater migrated down slope it actually filled all the fractures, cracks and fissures in the ‘weathered’ graphitic pelite bedrock first, down to depths of at least 26 metres. Once these cracks and fissures were filled, the BOT mineralisation continued to form on top of it.

IMLTHO, as the fractures, cracks and fissures are not limited to a certain area within the ‘weathered’ graphitic pelite bedrock but extend across its area because it is all weathered anything under the BOT mineralisation will have gold. The area of the ‘weathered’ bedrock is larger, area wise, than the BOT mineralisation looking at Figure 2 Cross-section through the Portia open pit in the MESA Journal 77.

http://www.havilah-resources.com.au/pdf/MESAJ077008-011.pdf

The impressive gold grades (and each of their depths) in the Portia ‘weathered’ graphitic pelite bedrock are shown in the following ASX release:

www.havilah-resources.com.au/pdf/announce_2007_02_08_Portiaupdate.pdf

Reminder:
On Slide 8 of the following 2006 Havilah presentation, you can see the visualisation of high grade veins in the 'weathered' bedrock:

http://www.saexplorers.com.au/presentation.../10_havilah.pdf

Exposure of the bedrock on the interim sub-pit floor will enable sampling and mapping to be completed, and give confidence in the expected size of the 'weathered' bedrock gold resource.

More importantly, on Slide 7, you can also see the locations of the Shylock and Lorenzo discoveries (within HAV's permits) which are in close proximity to Portia. IMLTHO, what is being undertaken at Portia could be replicated at Shylock and/or Lorenzo by Havilah's Management and CMC.

Cheers

These are only my random thoughts and it does not constitute investment advice. Before acting on any information you read and before making any financial or investment decisions, you should always consult your advisor(s) or other relevant professional experts.

--------------------

clark888
post Posted: Apr 30 2016, 08:05 PM
  Quote Post

Sample 9 March 2016

The following is from Peter Strachan's StockAnalysis website: https://stockanalysis.com.au/index.php/samples

Specifically, the 9 March 2016 Sample discusses on pages 6 and 7 the recent North Portia drilling results and provides a 'Value Matrix' in the range of $0.62 to $1.14 per ordinary HAV share based on a total of $127 to $236 million:

https://stockanalysis.com.au/images/StockAn...-March-2016.pdf

Reminder: Peter has a 'modest' holding in HAV.

For those that have not yet had the time to look at the Old Havilah research reports (available here http://www.havilah-resources.com.au/research_reports.html), I direct you specifically to the Stock Analysis report from 9 March 2007 re: Portia bedrock grades estimated by Peter Strachan.

http://www.havilah-resources.com.au/pdf/Re..._2007-03-09.pdf

The source for the table on the right hand side (Gold Intersections at Portia) of his report came from here:

www.havilah-resources.com.au/pdf/announce_2007_02_08_Portiaupdate.pdf

I agree with Peter Strachan's gold grade per tonne methodology in his 9 March 2009 report. However, these samples are from 20 drill holes that were drilled on a roughly 20 metre x 20 metre grid (in the floor of the proposed trial open pit). The gold is expected to be gravity recoverable.

IF the excavation of the bedrock mineralisation (in the floor of the proposed mine) is initially limited to an area 20 metres by 20 metres to a depth of 25 metres, then assuming a Specific Gravity ('SG') of 2.4 tonnes per square metres, this equates to 24,000 tonnes of bedrock mineralisation material which could be extracted. At the average gold grade of 6.7 g/t calculated by Peter Strachan, this 24,000 tonnes could yield around 5,170 ounces of gold. This equates to gold revenue of A$8.3 million at an estimated gold price of A$1,600 per ounce.

Updating Peter Strachan's analysis for an estimated gold price of A$1,600 per ounce, his area of 30 metres by 30 metres to a depth of 25 metres from the bedrock mineralisation (in the floor of the proposed mine), or 54,000 tonnes (based on a SG of 2.4), would yield around 11,632 ounces of gold. This equates to gold revenue of A$18.6 million (compared to his original $7.2 million at 2009 gold prices).

If you expand it to the dimensions of the expected total volume that can be accessed from the final pit floor, the mind boggles! The bottom of the planned open pit at Portia is: 400 metres by 120 metres.

Note: The above gold revenue will be split 50:50 with CMC (assuming it is all gravity recoverable).

Cheers

--------------------

30 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING