Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Initial Public Offering and/or Floats, IPO / Float Discussion
wolverine
post Posted: Jul 11 2013, 09:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jons's post @ Jul 11 2013, 06:43 PM

around 18x forecast earnings was enough for me

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

jons
post Posted: Jul 11 2013, 06:50 PM
  Quote Post

Is anyone else getting some watermark? Will probably keep this one as a long termer.

jons
post Posted: Jul 11 2013, 06:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Jul 11 2013, 10:36 AM

You did better than me, I sold out for $7.08, was more than happy to see it get to $7. A 25% return in a couple of weeks.

Was never a core holding, still a little unsure of it's future, could do well, but with an improvement in technology from a competitor,
it will be hammered.

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 11 2013, 10:36 AM
  Quote Post

There is no thread for VRT (recent float fertility clinic float issued $5.68) so in here it goes I sold mine today @ $7.40

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

arty
post Posted: Jun 24 2013, 12:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 24 2013, 12:15 PM

not too bad, considering they picked a rotten day for a start.

Attached File  ISU_i01_24_06_13.gif ( 8.08K ) Number of downloads: 3

But if a major holder (MI9) has already flagged the sale of 62M, what should one expect but a sell-down unsure.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: Jun 24 2013, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

not auspicious

iSelect (code: ISU) under water - now $1.59

Investors will be able to trade iSelect shares which will open at $1.85 from midday on the Australian Securities Exchange. The company plans to target the superannuation market and potential buys in the home loans, broadband and utilities sectors as part of its growth strategy, The Australian newspaper reported.

Mi9, the Nine Entertainment Co subsidiary that owns about a third of shares on issue, is expected to sell its 62 million shares at the company's listing.

iSelect boss Matt McCann told The Australian Financial Review earlier this month that the company's immediate focus remained on growth, and less on dishing out dividends to investors.

"This really is a growth story," he said. The company does not expect to pay dividends to investors during fiscal 2013 and 2014.

Credit Suisse and Baillieu Holst have been joint lead managers for the float.

Equities analysts at Credit Suisse wrote that iSelect is positioned to benefit from online trends, held a strong brand and was exposed to "favourable industry drivers" in private health insurance.

The company earns a hefty slice of its revenue 81 per cent in fiscal 2012 from the sale of health-insurance policies.

"The private health industry is underpinned by government regulation, an ageing population, claims inflation driving premium price increases and scope for further penetration of online comparison, all of which support an attractive long-term growth outlook," according to Credit Suisse in a May research note.

Some of the company's key risks include increased competition in the product comparison sector regulation and potential decline in website traffic.

Analysts at Baillieu noted that iSelect had pumped more than $100 million in brand marketing since its inception more than a decade ago. "The current overarching strategy is to leverage the strength of the brand profile in health insurance comparison shopping to fuel the growth in other emerging business lines such as broadband and energy," Baillieu analysts wrote in note last month.

"ISU [iSelect] uses a full array of both online and offline marketing channels; offline includes television, radio, outdoor and print.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

arty
post Posted: Dec 24 2010, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Dec 17 2010, 03:37 PM

"good going" - if you got some.
I did as promised: Bought PNE as soon as my chart gave me a handle on it. Averaged in at 17c; sold the lot on Wednesday for 19.5c.

Attached File  PNE_i30_24_12_10.gif ( 15.97K ) Number of downloads: 11

Of course, I didn't sell those 8c MYGs yet.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Dec 24 2010, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Nov 30 2010, 08:20 PM

Hi arty---MRP duly listed this morning closing with a healthy 17% premium.

Going to stay very tightly held for 12 months as about 40% of the shares are escrowed for 12 months---any premium on a Christmas Eve listing is "good going"--- hypocrite.gif

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Dec 17 2010, 03:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 2 2010, 12:42 PM

Hi arty, MDI ---Middle Island Resources---is what I call an interesting IPO.

It's 25c shares traded as high as 46c yesterday--and today closed at exactly 50c--being a 100% increase in two days!!!---- king.gif

Fundamental research some time ago would have revealed that Newmont Mining was going to be a cornerstone investor in the IPO

http://money.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8184346

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Dec 2 2010, 02:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 2 2010, 12:42 PM

Hi arty, apologies I thought you said the other day the PNE IPO was promising.

Promising to me means the IPO lists at a premium--not a discount!

Am sure any seed capital oppies will be escrowed---- the IPO issue had one for two free attaching oppies (from memory)--todays non escrowed turnover in PNEO at .035c is hardly promising either since the oppies should be trading at 50% of the share price.

Let's see how MRP trades on the first day--personally think if gold in USD stays high MRP might even trade at a premium giving the stags a profit opprtunity.

--------------------

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING