Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

100 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

WPL, WOODSIDE PETROLEUM LIMITED
wolverine
post Posted: Aug 20 2014, 09:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Aug 20 2014, 12:46 PM

Another fat div,

Shell can take advantage and sell into a bookbuild on the stronger price...seems like win-win.

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

balance
post Posted: Aug 20 2014, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Aug 1 2014, 04:12 PM

I hope I'm included.. rolleyes.gif

Record 1.1 billion first half result and a 111c/share (USD) divvie.They'll be puking cash for a while yet I reckon. Debt way down and with the Shell thing buried for now we could expect some more cream.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

wolverine
post Posted: Aug 1 2014, 04:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 1 2014, 03:53 PM

We also take this opportunity to encourage other companies to distribute franking credits TO WOLVERINE AND FRIENDS before the company rate is expected to fall to 28.5% from July 1, where it is financially desirable (for us) to do so,...

yeah I read (and edited) the whole thing

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 1 2014, 03:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Aug 1 2014, 03:48 PM

to my New Best Friend
We also take this opportunity to encourage other companies to distribute franking credits TO WOLVERINE AND FRIENDS before the company rate is expected to fall to 28.5% from July 1, where it is financially responsible to do so,...

you must read the full item!!

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

wolverine
post Posted: Aug 1 2014, 03:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 1 2014, 02:35 PM

We also take this opportunity to encourage other companies to distribute franking credits TO WOLVERINE AND FRIENDS before the company rate is expected to fall to 28.5% from July 1, where it is financially responsible to do so, either by increased dividends, a special dividend, or via off-market buy-backs on an open access basis.

Fixed

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 1 2014, 02:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Jul 31 2014, 10:19 PM

We congratulate Woodside shareholders for voting down the selective buy-back special resolution. We believe this represents a confirmation of the fundamental principle of treating all shareholders equally, and avoids setting a dangerous precedent. We believe this is a partial victory for Australian superannuation funds, particularly pension phase superannuation, charities and other low tax Australian investors. For these investors, they would have received more value from the $1B in franking credits that the selective buy-back would have otherwise provided to Shell, a large foreign multinational. We think this is only a partial victory at this stage, because we believe the best result for shareholders will be if an open-access buy-back of a similar nature is offered by Woodside to all shareholders, and we strongly encourage Woodside to propose such an open market buy-back.

We also believe this result vindicates our approach to funds management, whereby one should always consider transactions and investment performance on an after tax basis. We believe many market participants, including company management, do not fully appreciate the value of franking credits.

We also take this opportunity to encourage other companies to distribute franking credits before the company rate is expected to fall to 28.5% from July 1, where it is financially responsible to do so, either by increased dividends, a special dividend, or via off-market buy-backs on an open access basis.

Plato Australian Shares Income Fund

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 31 2014, 10:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jul 31 2014, 09:29 PM

Another bookbuild would clear some of the overhang.

--------------------

balance
post Posted: Jul 31 2014, 09:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Jul 31 2014, 06:15 PM

I think all holders should be treated equally. I would be happy to see them gone, along with the overhang of stock, but unsure of how best to do that fairly and in an orderly manner.

--------------------
I'm 29.

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 31 2014, 06:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jul 31 2014, 03:45 PM

I am willing to have a selective buyback of all my stock if they are offering to transfer all their franking credits to me.

--------------------

balance
post Posted: Jul 31 2014, 03:45 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like shell disposal/ buy back may fall over. It will be of interest to see what happens next if so.

--------------------
I'm 29.

100 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING