Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Politics
The Next Prime Minister
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 105
Guests cannot vote 
flower
post Posted: May 19 2014, 05:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ May 19 2014, 12:13 PM

Flower I have been working here with awful unsociable shift patterns for 25 years to earn better money . Oz is still one of the best places on earth to live in even when I pay more and I won't be toddling of overseas anytime yet.
Agreed, didn't imply otherwise

By the way tradies are not 'top end' they are chicken $#!T compared to the likes i was referring to. And if they want to they can go.
Sorry, didn't understand where you were coming from, tradies aren't quite chicken shit at $300K a year, however if you want to affect Gina, Rupert, Google, Apple, big miners, banks, superannuation ticket clippers etc. then you are talking akin to nationalisation----so you don't want profitable employers who are the big hitters you refer to? The ABC tonight will no doubt support you as they grill Joe Hockey.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

balance
post Posted: May 19 2014, 12:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 19 2014, 12:41 PM

Flower I have been working here with awful unsociable shift patterns for 25 years to earn better money . Oz is still one of the best places on earth to live in even when I pay more and I won't be toddling of overseas anytime yet.

By the way tradies are not 'top end' they are chicken $#!T compared to the likes i was referring to. And if they want to they can go.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

flower
post Posted: May 19 2014, 12:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ May 19 2014, 12:13 PM

it is good enough to hit the top and they have done nothing.

Nothing? talk to any tradie working up north or even worse offshore in the oil industry, they have uncomfortable shift patterns, work in usually quite dangerous environments, miss their families and already pay about 50% in income tax, if this goes through many will choose to live in Hong Kong, Switzerland--and who could blame them, in general they don't mob their Cabinet Members dressed in teacloths and banging drums with tea cosies on their heads while enjoying sheltered educational lifestyles at our expense, fair shake of the sauce bottle blink.gif

--------------------

balance
post Posted: May 19 2014, 12:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 19 2014, 11:29 AM

I think it is a great budget,
signed Gina, Rupert, Google, Apple, big miners, banks, superannuation ticket clippers etc.
If it is good enough to hit the bottom end and middle of society, it is good enough to hit the top and they have done nothing.
The age of entitlement lives on.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

flower
post Posted: May 19 2014, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ May 19 2014, 11:20 AM

Still too many carrots and the stick is being used too much on the wrong people

Even for a coalition supporter to the right of Genghis Khan, IMO the current state of play is surely only an ambit "claim" with some deeper purpose because as a Cabinet Minister remarked the other day one doesn't subject oneself to open heart surgery willingly, cannot see there is any chance of the bulk of his proposals going through the Senate, even diehard Labor supporters can see the shambles that Rudd/Gillard created, but neither the students nor the cigar smokers do their causes one jot of good, for the sake of the country lets hope the budget doesn't totally divide the nation and create an unworkable parliament.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: May 19 2014, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ May 19 2014, 11:20 AM

We thought we'd elected a Parliament for the Common Wealth, but all we got was a bunch of self-serving politicians.
"The Great Divide" between the camps will only get bigger.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

alonso
post Posted: May 19 2014, 11:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 19 2014, 10:03 AM

Still too many carrots and the stick is being used too much on the wrong people.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

flower
post Posted: May 19 2014, 10:03 AM
  Quote Post

The foregoing seems a very long time ago---the Budget: What do members make of it?

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Sep 13 2013, 02:56 PM
  Quote Post

IMO one of the initial great plusses following last Saturdays events is that we are being spared the endless press conferences that accompanied the Labor reign which pronounced an initial 100 days of immediate action, long may our Canberra pollies stay away from the Press, only appearing when something concrete and of value is to be unfolded.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Sep 2 2013, 02:17 PM
  Quote Post

With the renewed support of 71 caucus votes Julia Gillard remains the Prime Minster of the country. But who will be the Prime Minister following the 2013 Election? Post your thoughts and take the ShareScene poll.

When this thread was created way back when, little did the creator think that the current poll results resulting from the thread's creation look like turning out to be accurate regarding the general outcome, in fact it's ironic that both of labor's back stabbers will probably disappear in a cloud of vapour on Saturday, IMO a case of poetical justice,--- always hoped the voting public would display this amount of common sense when push became shove.

Thank the Lord it is all very near over biggrin.gif

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING