Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Tech stocks, Global - Google Facebook etc.
marketwinner
post Posted: Apr 13 2014, 03:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 11 2014, 10:17 AM

I consider sectors such as biotech, Internet retail, health care technology and semiconductor equipment stocks as the most vulnerable.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

flower
post Posted: Apr 11 2014, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

History repeating:
Attached File(s)
Attached File  history_repeating.gif ( 20.46K ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  intraday.gif ( 17.31K ) Number of downloads: 6

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

marketwinner
post Posted: Jan 11 2014, 10:59 PM
  Quote Post

Actually I am using FB to keep contact with friend and relatives. May be I may my reduce time spend on the FB in the future. We had a great opportunity to buy this stock after IPO when others wanted to sell below the IPO price. If I am correct it is trading around $57 and P/E ratio is very high. Still it could go up to around $60 due to some demand for internet oriented stocks globally. Please note I donít have any holding in this stock although I had some opportunity to learn about this stock.

My ideas are not a recommendation to either buy or sell any security, commodity or currency. Please do your own research prior to making any investment decisions.

Dave_vic_ozz
post Posted: Feb 4 2012, 11:24 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dave_vic_ozz's post @ Feb 2 2012, 09:40 PM

Facebook-

Stories of nearly $1.5bn owed to IRS by Mark Zuckerberg might be an incentive to get a few shares sold.

He allegedly paid a graffiti artist, to paint the office, in company shares. Bloke is now amazingly rich. smile.gif

--------------------
My comments reflect the moment in which they were posted.
Everything can change, and usually does, without notice.

Dave_vic_ozz
post Posted: Feb 2 2012, 09:40 PM
  Quote Post

erudition - had to look it up - ironically smile.gif or maybe that is the point of the word.

Facebook,

If you buy shares don't expect to make much in dividends. Mark has a winning position in voting rites.

It goes something like -

Shareholders must understand the goal of the company is a social mission and not money.

This is almost a triple bottom line where the Social Balance Sheet significantly outweighs the fiscal and environmental balance sheets.

This will raise a lot of Red Flags.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 2 2012, 08:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Dave_vic_ozz's post @ Feb 2 2012, 07:18 PM

"The Winklevosses Twins" (btw - Sp: Winklevoss)

loved it in The Social Network when the Mark Zuckerberg character referred to them as the "Winkle-vi"

Showed a level of erudition by Zuckerberg or screen writers.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

Dave_vic_ozz
post Posted: Feb 2 2012, 07:18 PM
  Quote Post

FACEBOOK - outcomes. -

I don't use it. BTW.

I have been reading up on this.

Why is it going on the market? - Looks like it has tipped several rules forcing the "on market" action. Needing capital is not one of them. It has nearly 500 private shareholders.

A lot of excitement, Google has gone gang busters. A lot of other tech stocks have too. (Is it another Tech Bubble?)
California may actually reduce its deficit on the tax generated by the float and they are budgeting for it.
Seems like you have to be a high roller to get first dibs on the shares.
Some stock going to insiders but there is a freeze on share trades and its off market trades.
"The Winklevosses Twins" may have forced the sale as they need to get their shares onto the open market.
Heaps of people addicted to the site.
It has content that is driven by the machine like games and other social media. Facebook is a conduit to the games.

Major overflow into the market pushing everything else up on the hype.

Stand by for action.

Discuss,

Dave

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING