Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

BLA, BLUE SKY ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Dec 21 2017, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

A tie-in with a Canadian pension fund has helped BLA higher. There should be a wider opportunity set available - challenge was always finding new investments.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 26 2017, 02:52 PM
  Quote Post

BLA neared $14 today. Interview with CEO:

https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wires/rob-s...ted-at-blue-sky

also their listed fund BAF doing a 1:4 rights at $1.14 .... agriculture and PE the likely home

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 3 2017, 09:24 AM
  Quote Post

The long term outlook for our business is easy to articulate: we are building the leading diversified alternative asset manager in Australia, offering investors access to compelling investment opportunities across the four major alternative asset classes: Private Equity, Private Real Estate, Real Assets and Hedge Funds.

We have built a scalable platform with significant momentum, and are on track to meet or exceed our goal of $5 billion in fee-earning AUM by the end of FY19. We are also on track to deliver our longer term target of growing our existing four asset classes to $10 billion in fee-earning AUM.

- SP to record high above $11.50 as more understand the story. Also, not too many sellers

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 27 2017, 09:58 PM
  Quote Post

Blue Sky Venture Capital has led a $10 million bet that a chain of gluten-free restaurants can translate its brand into home-delivered ready meals and an online "body transformation" program.

Thr1ve, which has 10 company-owned outlets along the eastern seaboard selling low-carbohydrate, gluten-free meals, will use the money to build an ecommerce platform linking the restaurant brand–- which has been established since 2012 – with its ready meals delivery service, a fresh meals delivery service launching next month with Deliveroo, and an exercise and diet program designed by founder and chief executive Josh Sparks.

"I want Thr1ve to be a true omnichannel brand, not what usually passes for omnichannel in Australia, which is a store with a website bolted on or an e-tailer doing a pre-Christmas pop-up," said Mr Sparks, a Queenslander who now lives on Sydney's northern beaches.

The former sass & bide chief executive had been more focused on store growth when he raised $2.5 million in 2015, in a round also led by Blue Sky Venture Capital (that had followed a seed investment)
deliveries growing twice as fast as stores, also selling via some Woolworths Metro stores

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 27 2017, 02:37 PM
  Quote Post

Blue Sky Alternative Investments Limited (BLA) is the holding company of four dedicated alternative investment fund styles in Australia. The investment offers across four alternative asset classes: private equity and venture capital, private real estate, hedge funds, and real assets.

- and, officially a 10 bagger. For those other forms of baggers out there, it seems to me that as long as management can handle its balance sheet well, and maintain a margin, or IRR, then FUM/ AUM increasing -> dividends increasing ... and run-up in SP.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 15 2017, 08:43 AM
  Quote Post

The Alternatives Fund is pleased to report a pre-tax NTA increase .. of 3.5% for the month, and a total pre-tax fund performance of 10.3% for FY17.

This movement was primarily driven by gains on a number of the Alternatives Fund's investments across all asset classes following independent valuation reviews in June.

The Alternatives Fund also received the proceeds from a number of realisations during the month and accrued several regular quarterly distributions which had been declared by the underlying funds
. from BAF's Monthly update; as for the satellite, so for the mothership.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 14 2017, 08:50 AM
  Quote Post

I'll be looking at BAF today, when they post the monthly NTA. ... as LIC's have to. There should be quite a few reval's of assets, being EoFY. And as there's quite a bit of common ownership (BAF has right but not obligation to take up equity in some of the BLA projects), this should point to any asset base uplift.

--------------------

Mags
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 11:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: goldy's post @ Jul 13 2017, 07:15 PM

In what part of the BLA model do you find repulsive? I didn't see any actual figures of debt in the report, just an unfounded generalisation.

That was six months ago, so I don't recall the specifics, but I remember the debt levels on a couple of their holdings/investments were way beyond what I feel comfortable with.

My POV is, with all this low interest rate muck going on, it's mostly a game of bluff, see who can borrow the most, gain the most, but sell just before the inevitable.

I'm comfortable watching how these highly leveraged plays roll out.

goldy
post Posted: Jul 13 2017, 07:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mags's post @ Dec 30 2016, 10:04 AM

In what part of the BLA model do you find repulsive? I didn't see any actual figures of debt in the report, just an unfounded generalisation.

nipper
post Posted: Jul 6 2017, 04:24 PM
  Quote Post

Blue Sky Venture Capital, one of Australia's leading venture capital fund managers, has been selected to manage the State Government's 15 year, $50 million South Australian Venture Capital Fund. The appointment follows an extensive tender and evaluation process.

The State Government's SAVCF will support local ventures with high growth potential to secure funding and accelerate growth into national and global markets, stimulating economic growth and job creation in South Australia.

Blue Sky Venture Capital will expand its office in Adelaide, with employees dedicated to the SAVCF, who will work alongside local businesses and organisations to identify high growth potential South Australian companies for investment and help attract additional private sector funding from national and international investors.

--------------------

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING