Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLA, BLUE SKY ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:51 AM
  Quote Post

Mr Kain told Mr Kain told The Australian the departure of Mr Shand and the two other directors was part of a “broader picture” and that Blue Sky recognised the “weakness” in its business was that it hadn’t explained its business model “anywhere near as well as we thought we had to the broader market, which has left the business ­vulnerable’’.

Mr Kain said the resignation of Mr Shand alone wouldn’t change that, and that his departure would not be a “silver bullet” to Blue Sky’s current ills.

“There are a whole range of things being done, from moving to a majority of an independent board — changes today are part of that — a commitment to a greater transparency and understanding around a whole range of things in our business including governance, risk, valuations and ­processes.

“They are all critical. The change of MD was not done as a silver bullet to try and solve a problem; it was done as part of a broader process to ensure that the business can reposition itself as it needs to win back the confidence of the market.”
I guess that's one way of putting it

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Mags
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Apr 23 2018, 07:26 PM

My thoughts are if management was so sure that Glaucus was incorrect, then at any price under say $10 it's a no brainer buy.

Except here we are, down in the $3's, and management have only thrown a few $10's of thousands of dollars at it.

I would want a better explanation of their models, and especially the property stuff, before I invest my hard earned.

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 23 2018, 07:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: JSB's post @ Apr 23 2018, 09:48 AM

BLA share price getting pretty close to where Glaucus valued - " Glaucus says Blue Sky's stock is worth below $2.66" -

Will be interesting to see if sentiment turns following the Board/Management changes? Is this the bottom, or is there more to come?
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=bla

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: JSB  

Mags
post Posted: Apr 23 2018, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

Who wants to help write the film???? (Loosely based on real events of course... don't want to end up in trouble do we??)

Would be a cracker.

JSB
post Posted: Apr 23 2018, 09:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: JSB's post @ Apr 23 2018, 09:05 AM

Commentary from Vesna Poljak:

http://www.afr.com/business/blue-sky-hunts...20180422-h0z3u3

Blue Sky Alternative Investments is looking for a new managing director after Robert Shand resigned one week after the company downgraded profit and agreed to review the valuation ascribed to every asset it owns.

Blue Sky executives Elaine Stead and Nicholas Dignam will relinquish their board seats. Kim Morison was named acting head of the Brisbane-based fund manager.

The exit of Mr Shand, who succeeded founder Mark Sowerby, is the biggest scalp yet for US short-seller Glaucus, who targeted Blue Sky almost a month ago accusing the company of inflating the value of its assets and undermining its reported fee-earning assets under management figure. Blue Sky steadfastly denies those claims.

"It is time for a renewed board and management to take Blue Sky forward, build on the strong fundamentals and prepare the business for the next phase," Mr Shand said in a statement to the ASX on Monday.

"In offering his resignation, Robert agreed that as Blue Sky rebuilds market confidence, it was in the best interests of the company, its shareholders and its investors for Kim take over as interim managing director," chairman John Kain, who is looking to add further independent directors, said.

Mr Morison is managing director of Blue Sky Water Partners, and has been head of Blue Sky's real assets business since 2010.

More to come.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

JSB
post Posted: Apr 23 2018, 09:05 AM
  Quote Post

Shand goes, Stead and Dignam step down
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Mags
post Posted: Apr 17 2018, 05:15 PM
  Quote Post

Amazing.

I listened to the Alan Kohler interview. Can't say much without get dangerously close to libel.... But, there was no confidence inducing information. Just twisted, confusing drivel. I seriously expected far better.

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 17 2018, 04:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Apr 17 2018, 02:11 PM

Well and truly below $4.00 now - currently $3.79. Seems BLA's house broker has slashed their target from previous lofty $14.95 to $5.55 , according to tweet from Joe Aston AFR
https://twitter.com/mrjoeaston?lang=en

Morgans were involved in the March CR @ $11.50. I'm guessing there will be some unhappy fund managers sitting on their $11.50 pile
Mar 5, 2018 - Broker Morgans is helping Blue Sky Alternative Investments raise 125 million to boost the companys balance sheet and secure funds for ongoing co-investment.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 17 2018, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Apr 16 2018, 11:45 AM

SP briefly dipped below $4.00 - currently $4.05 down 0.74%. Maybe directors are buying again to prop up the SP?
More bad press in AFR
Blue Sky continues plummet to earth
http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/blue-...20180416-h0yuew
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=bla
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 16 2018, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 16 2018, 10:42 AM

Haven't had time to listen to the "conference call" but noticed Johnny Shapiro's tweet

Wow. 3 out of total of 5 questions taken on $BLA call from Morgans stock brokers

and a response from BOSS -

what a coinicidence

RBS Morgans are the #1 buyer on $BLA this year with 1.25M net

average buy price on $BLA for RBS is $10.38

so they are only down $7.75M approx

https://twitter.com/johnnyshap/status/985690720836075520

--------------------

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING