Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

FX prediction in terms of one ounce of gold
maxwellreid
post Posted: Jan 6 2012, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 4 2012, 05:46 PM

CBM: "Max you are confused, gold has NOT gone up, the currency has gone DOWN"
Me: So, the problem is that we are acting on a delusion?
CBM: "For long time"

--------------------
"A man lives a life shorter than a hundred years but worries a worry a thousand years long"

flower
post Posted: Jan 4 2012, 05:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: maxwellreid's post @ Jan 4 2012, 05:31 PM

So Eastern exchange rates (increase in value) (exception being the westernized North Asia countries) V Western Exchange rates (decrease) (exception being the commodity nations) will be the most noteworthy change of 2012

That is of course exactly what many say will happen, and those observers are thinking the Chinese are now taking the first and very gentle steps towards the ultimate severance of the Yuan/USD link, dont forget both the $HK and the Yuan can now be relativelly freely traded in settlement with China for services/ commodities rendered.

Ask your Chinese bread maker what he/she considers the trigger/catalyst to be and when--that way we will all be "on guard'.
excl.gif

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

maxwellreid
post Posted: Jan 4 2012, 05:31 PM
  Quote Post

The Asian pegs in place will be defended then suddenly, unwound.

So Eastern exchange rates (increase in value) (exception being the westernized North Asia countries) V Western Exchange rates (decrease) (exception being the commodity nations) will be the most noteworthy change of 2012

My Chinese bread maker tells me I should use a measuring stick of an ounce of gold. Yes it is listed in USD, but if we say how much an ounce of gold will cost in the local currency now as opposed to what it might cost at the end of 2012

01/01/2012
USD = 1604
AUD = 1546
MY = 4972
EUR = 1219
THB = 50200
GB = 1026
HKD = 12545

31/12/2012
USD = 2400
AUD = 1800
MY = 5000
EUR = 1800
THB = 60000
GB = 2100
HKD = 13000

Max

--------------------
"A man lives a life shorter than a hundred years but worries a worry a thousand years long"

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING