Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Good specs with long dated listed options
arty
post Posted: May 26 2013, 09:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 26 2013, 08:49 PM

ahh! My friends at Whirlpool (see http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/679483 ) offered a link:
http://www.tradingroom.com.au/apps/validat...p;submit=Search

Tradingroom, Quotes and Charts, Code Lookup, set the Security Group to Company Option and leave everything else nonspecific. That will list a complete set of options codes. It also contains the expiry/ exercise date.

... and if you click on the option code, you'll also get the exercise price, plus other relevant data.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: balance  

arty
post Posted: May 26 2013, 08:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mercury's post @ May 26 2013, 09:39 AM

Hi Merc,

I've been wondering the same. And found this link: http://www.asx.com.au/products/company-opt...versus-etos.htm
It suggests that the ASX no longer provide that kind of service. Pox on them, lazy sods! devilsmiley.gif

Instead, they suggest you go to an information provider, such as Tradingroom, and see if they offer the info.
But that link also expects you to start with the company code; only then will it show any options under "related securities".
Any Broker software worth its salt can do that.

I have increasingly been checking the latest 3B of companies that I suspect might have company options on issue.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mercury
post Posted: May 26 2013, 09:39 AM
  Quote Post

I used to have the ASX website link that gave me a list of all ASX company options . A person could click on the option and get the strike price, expiry date, etc. But I seem to have lost that link and for some reason can't seem to locate it. Anybody help?

thanks

Merc

arty
post Posted: Aug 10 2011, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bailej03's post @ Aug 9 2011, 10:25 PM

I am banking on MYG's BFS coming through shortly;
I hold MYGOA July 2013 5c option and intend to have a sticky-beak around Gullewa in early September.
The fly-over on their website looked impressive - as do their general prospects. But you must DYOR.

--------------------

Duster
post Posted: Aug 10 2011, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bailej03's post @ Aug 9 2011, 10:25 PM

Hi Bailej,

Panax Geothermal (PAX) just received $10mil from a Canadian company for funding of its Indonesian geothermal projects in return for a 50% interest in them. The company recently did an issue at 2c, with a free attached option, exercisable at 4c until 8/7/14 (PAXOA) NOT (PAXO) which has a much higher exercise price. I generally don't play company options but this one came to mind. There is also chance of government funding to further its Australian geothermal operations. It may be a punt at 1c but for me personally, I'd just pay 2c for the FPO's

Panax is chasing conventional geothermal energy as opposed to the far more expensive "hot rocks" of Petratherm or Geodynamics

http://www.panaxgeothermal.com.au/

Cheers,
D

--------------------
Patience is the key to success.

bailej03
post Posted: Aug 9 2011, 10:25 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all,

Looking for some good /reasonable quality spec stocks with long dated (at least 1 year) listed options

The used to be a listed of all companies with listed options posted on the Investsmart website but I can't find it on there anymore

Hoping to find some with reasonable prospects over positive news over the next year, and likely to be sold down in the current market.

cheers

--------------------
--[b]Nothing is certain in life nor the market[/b]--

Everything is worth what someone else is willing to pay for it
- Archibald Hutcheson, 1720

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING