Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

What happened to Flower?
cooderman
post Posted: Jul 18 2016, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jul 16 2016, 05:57 PM

Welcome back Flower, hope you post more often... Bet you wish you were still holding NST.

flower
post Posted: Jul 16 2016, 05:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 11 2016, 09:10 AM

When Flower and I visited TradeTech's seminars together, he was pushing 70.
That was 1999 - 2001
===========

Hi arty---am certainly pushing 80 these days, to the poster who asked why I left, the answer is simple, banter is fine but venom was not.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  arty  mistagear  cooderman  

early birds
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

That was 1999 - 2001
===========
arty
when i see the name "tradeTech"----it bring me back to the dot come days. they sell it over 10 grand plus monthly data fees, friend of my bought one and think it is grand master weapon can win the market. one years later he stopped trading. weirdsmiley.gif
hope you and flower didn't buy it back then!!! unsure.gif
you sure give me that flash back arty!! freaking how, time is flying, it was 16 odd years ago.........

nipper
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Jul 11 2016, 09:20 AM

down the bottom of the page is CONTACT ADMIN - leave a message: please add Wingara Ag WNR as a thread

... but even this doesn't seem to be successful, at times

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 09:25 AM
  Quote Post

yep , thanks Arty... was pretty sure I remember him mentioning that 80 had been 'achieved' a few years ago.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 11 2016, 08:39 AM

WNR had a big breakout of channel on Thursday on big vol. No trades on Friday and worth watching to see if it pulls back to top of channel this week. Seems to trade on small volume and may take time to accumulate a few.

How do you open a thread on WNR ? As the chart looks OK.

arty
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 09:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 11 2016, 08:21 AM

That was 1999 - 2001.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Jul 11 2016, 08:30 AM

In a perfect world
Wingara Ag (ASX:WNR): Strategy Starting To Play Out
A few months ago we introduced you to Wingara Ag (ASX:WNR) - the emerging exporter of Australian oaten hay to China, Japan and South Korea. Yesterday Wingara announced the acquisition of an additional nearby processing facility - Pyrenees Hay Processing Co-Operative Ltd (PHPC).

This acquisition is significant for a number of reasons, not the least because it marks the beginning of Wingara's ambitious growth strategy in the export hay market. Firstly, the acquisition increases Wingara's production capacity from 50,000MT per annum to 90,000MT, with additional investment expected to expand capacity to 110,000MT over the medium term.

Secondly, it improves the company's security over supply estimated at an additional 40,000MT from the existing PHPC database. Since the acquired plant is located approximately 100km from the existing Wingara facility the hay can be processed at either location, providing improved efficiency as well as an alternative option given downtime at one of the plants. We also expect the cost savings from the acquired plant to be significant and note that Wingara management already have a demonstrated track record of improving the profitability of these types of businesses.

The export oaten hay market is attractive. China's dairy industry is growing and they are increasingly turning to Australian hay to feed their herds. The Middle East is now a large importer of fodder as they no longer grow their own due to serious water shortages (hay is up to 3x more water intensive than crops such as wheat, meaning more and more countries with water shortages will increasingly allocate their scarce resources to the latter while fodder will instead be imported). And the Australian dairy industry is experiencing difficult conditions meaning domestic hay prices and demand are likely to remain benign. Further opportunities for acquisitions and industry consolidation abound.

Wingara gave production guidance of 37,000-42,000MT of oaten hay for the coming year, right in line with our FY17 expectation for 40,000MT. That should equate to EBITDA of $3-$3.2m (ex acquisition related expenses) and looks attractive for a company in a net cash position, capped at $21m and with plenty of opportunities for growth.

Comment. There isn't even a Wingara WNR thread. C'mon Administrators!

Reply 1. Ripper find, mate

Reply 2: Small company. How are they going to grow?

Reply 3: Seasonal, and a commodity; what happens in a drought year. .....hence why analyse this way?

etc etc

--------------------
- Dr John Hussman

Said 'Thanks' for this post: cooderman  

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 08:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 11 2016, 08:21 AM

& My interest is waning

Try and stick it out Nipper, I for one appreciate your posts. It is hard when you see only a few posts a day, and makes you think Flower

isn't the only one who got too old to put up with the banter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 08:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Jul 11 2016, 08:17 AM

Flower is quite old, I think.

& My interest is waning

--------------------
- Dr John Hussman

Said 'Thanks' for this post: cooderman  

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING