Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

What happened to Flower?
opptimistic
post Posted: Dec 22 2017, 12:56 PM
  Quote Post

Dear All,

Well done Arty amd Flower.

Best Wishes to all.

Opptimistic biggrin.gif

arty
post Posted: Dec 20 2017, 11:03 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Dec 20 2017, 12:22 AM

Congrats on your achievement, Flower. smile.gif
I'm only Over B...dy 70, and, given the shape my lungs are in (thanks, Wittenoom sad.gif ), unlikely to get to 80.

As to MA7 and Bourse, I saw the writing on the wall some time ago. I've been using Pulse for almost 10 years, initially in conjunction with the MA, but for the last 2-3 years as my main and only charting tool. As a frequent trader through OpenMarkets.com.au I get the subscription for free and it's at least as fast as webIRESS. Charts needed a little tweaking to get closer to Trinity, but there are other nice features, such as D-Boxes and Regression Channels that compensate for the loss.

I've never touched the new Bourse, but hear daily cries of despair from friends who try to transfer their current templates and trading methods across.

Marry Christmas, and a Happy and Prosperous 2018.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

early birds
post Posted: Dec 20 2017, 09:03 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Dec 20 2017, 12:22 AM

marry christmas and happy new year flower.
why don't you come back and keep argueing with us, miss those days. tongue.gif

flower
post Posted: Dec 20 2017, 12:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jul 11 2016, 09:10 AM

Arty, still here having received my OBE, creak a bit more but what the hell.

Going way back when and having gone through every technical hurdle know to man, ie nothing to dialup, to live data, MA7, NBN, we move in the NY to non reliance on Java and all that entails with new trading platforms ......what do you make of Bourse Data as a replacement of MA7?

Yes still trade the gold sector, NST mainly.

This may be in the incorrect area but is intended as a generality.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 18 2016, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jul 16 2016, 05:57 PM

Welcome back Flower, hope you post more often... Bet you wish you were still holding NST.

flower
post Posted: Jul 16 2016, 05:57 PM
  Quote Post

When Flower and I visited TradeTech's seminars together, he was pushing 70.
That was 1999 - 2001
===========

Hi arty---am certainly pushing 80 these days, to the poster who asked why I left, the answer is simple, banter is fine but venom was not.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  arty  mistagear  cooderman  

early birds
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 02:33 PM
  Quote Post

When Flower and I visited TradeTech's seminars together, he was pushing 70.
That was 1999 - 2001
===========
arty
when i see the name "tradeTech"----it bring me back to the dot come days. they sell it over 10 grand plus monthly data fees, friend of my bought one and think it is grand master weapon can win the market. one years later he stopped trading. weirdsmiley.gif
hope you and flower didn't buy it back then!!! unsure.gif
you sure give me that flash back arty!! freaking how, time is flying, it was 16 odd years ago.........

nipper
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 09:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Jul 11 2016, 09:20 AM

down the bottom of the page is CONTACT ADMIN - leave a message: please add Wingara Ag WNR as a thread

... but even this doesn't seem to be successful, at times

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 09:25 AM
  Quote Post

yep , thanks Arty... was pretty sure I remember him mentioning that 80 had been 'achieved' a few years ago.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 11 2016, 08:39 AM

WNR had a big breakout of channel on Thursday on big vol. No trades on Friday and worth watching to see if it pulls back to top of channel this week. Seems to trade on small volume and may take time to accumulate a few.

How do you open a thread on WNR ? As the chart looks OK.

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING