Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Need some help please!
anroo
post Posted: Dec 29 2011, 10:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Dec 29 2011, 05:13 PM

I have a ham bag rinsed in vinegar very 3 days although nearly hammed out.Good tip for the bone going to the central coast for a week so may have to wait till we get back.

CTP may finally have something waiting patiently on that one.May have another bite CVN don't tell MPL/ARTY they may have a meltdown lol.

Big year for the oilers coming up once the Europeans sort themselves out and we finally clean up the mess.

flower
post Posted: Dec 29 2011, 05:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: anroo's post @ Dec 28 2011, 06:38 PM

Hi anroo, re CVN--opened another position today. btw: If you still have your ham, go to your nearest kitchen ware shop and buy yourself a special ham bag, a ham in that bag will keep nicely moist for weeks, when you've finally made soup out of the bone, wash the bag and store for next year--perhaps I'd better become a TV chef rather than a stock discusser, and yes am looking for good things from CVN next year, can you imagine the outraged chorus coming!!!!----all the best for 2012 hypocrite.gif

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

anroo
post Posted: Dec 28 2011, 06:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Dec 12 2011, 03:45 PM

Might try that next year the ham I got this year was from a boutique type of producer and was excellent although a little dry in places.

All the best for the coming year Flower looking forward to a big year for the oilers with CVN to lead the way, picked some up the other day good buying ATM for the long term holders day traders stop grimacing lol there's method to the madness.

Solution = don't look lol

sirob
post Posted: Dec 28 2011, 12:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Dec 12 2011, 03:45 PM

Hi sirob--if you were to continue buying what some may term "ordinary hams" from ordinary food outlets the trick is to glaze them yourselves before serving the ham.

Thanks flower, got a recipe off the net, glazed the ham and cooked for one hour in the oven, turned out quite good, added to the flavor and the extra cooking certainly improved the texture.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

harryhelo1
post Posted: Dec 14 2011, 08:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Dec 13 2011, 07:07 PM

Mick u believe salesmen?

u must also believe in the tooth fairy.... roflmao...

naw know nothing but being a smart ass...lol....

well its the sily season and i thought i would have a go at a bit of humor...

cheers
harry

mullokintyre
post Posted: Dec 13 2011, 07:07 PM
  Quote Post

Has anyone here in Business ever used the Qdobe product Business Catalyst??
Some real world experience of it would be most helpfull.
according the salesman, this will not only do all of our business functions perfectly, but will also make my hair grow back.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

veeone
post Posted: Dec 13 2011, 12:20 PM
  Quote Post

Also while we are on pork....it seems they can read signs quite well!!! wink.gif

IF FIRE engulfs a piggery in Monto, its residents can rest easy. That fluorescent exit sign above the doors will save their bacon. In one of the most ridiculous rules stifling small business in Queensland, piggery operators are required to install illuminated exit signs inside pens occupied solely by pigs.
Regulations also demand an escape door for pigs to use in case of fires, but which farmers fear the animals can use any time.
"A concrete block shed with steel roof trusses and corrugated iron roof, built to hold 60 pigs in four pens, had to have a fire hose, an illuminated "EXIT" sign above each of the two doors and an evacuation procedure displayed in a prominent position," former pig farmer Darryl Stewart told an industry survey.
"The biggest difficulties were teaching the pigs to read the signs and procedures, conducting fire drills so the building could be evacuated in orderly fashion and training the four most intelligent pigs as fire fighters. And it had to be done all over again every three months because that is when a new batch replaced the old batch.
"Oh, and rounding them up from anywhere within a 5km radius after every fire drill was not much fun either."
The Courier-Mail this week launched the Back off Small Business campaign to highlight the red tape, charges and taxes strangling the lifeblood of the state's economy.Ian Hill, of Bailey Creek Piggeries in Mulgildie, confirmed to The Courier-Mail exit signs were legally required in pens. "It's one of the council requirements that when you put a building in that they want illuminated exit signs at every piggery building," he said.
His Monto piggery falls in the territory of the North Burnett Regional Council. A call to clarify if exit signs were a requirement of the council yesterday confirmed this to be the case, but that it stemmed from a state declaration.
A Biloela piggery owner confirmed signs and particular types of doors that pigs could use in a fire were a legal requirement.
"We had a fire inspector come through here when we put up sheds years ago, and he made us put in fire extinguishers, put up the illuminated signs ... There's no deviation," he said.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/entre...s-1226192129748

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wren  grevillia  

harryhelo1
post Posted: Dec 12 2011, 04:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sirob's post @ Dec 12 2011, 04:02 PM

A true story.. speaking of pork...not related to this but is funny..

Many yrs ago in the late 50's (seems like another life) up in Nth Qld we owned a farm. Unbeknown to us the neighbor next door (about a mile or 2 away), earlier in the yr caught a young sucker and bread her up all yr to be a nice fat pig for xmas..

Well a week before xmas the porker escaped and headed down river to our place.. Our dogs bailed her up and me old man shot her. Jubilition and cheers as we butchered this beautiful porker and enjoyed some fabuous, juicy pork that xmas...

After xmas the neighbor came to visit us as farmers did in those days, exchanged season greetings and had a beer or two. As he was leaving he asked if we saw a nice fat porker come our way and explained the situation.. Well all embarrassed me old man denied all but was hard to hide the remains that were given to the dogs laying around the yard..a dead giveaway. (I think that is what prompted the inquiry).. I think he left a bit miffed as to where the porker remains laying around the yard came from.. If only he knew...lol.....

Well thats what happens on farms..I still have a chuckle about it when it comes to mind..

cheers
Harry

flower
post Posted: Dec 12 2011, 04:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Dec 12 2011, 04:11 PM

it's the glazing that transforms it, and fantastic cold.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Dec 12 2011, 04:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sirob's post @ Dec 12 2011, 04:02 PM

extra time cooking in the oven also improved the texture and there are plenty of recipes on the net.

Can assure you it does exactly that, I think we now buy from Woolworths , and probably our recipie is much the same as all those on the net, but the end result transforms the ordinary into the outstanding.

--------------------

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING