Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

Quarterly Reports, & Their Significance
flower
post Posted: Mar 23 2014, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 21 2014, 12:20 PM

2013 Q1 reports are all due within the next 10 calendar days. Once again and probably more intensely that the last set, production costs and currency fluctuations will feature highly, expect more bad news for cash strapped companies, many must be virtually out of cash money with little hope of starting capital raisings next Q.

Flower - qtr reports aren't out until next month.

Indebted to LSM for pointing out my seniors moment, got the months mixed up, 2013 Q1 reports due by the end of April.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Mar 21 2014, 12:20 PM
  Quote Post

2013 Q1 reports are all due within the next 10 calendar days. Once again and probably more intensely that the last set, production costs and currency fluctuations will feature highly, expect more bad news for cash strapped companies, many must be virtually out of cash money with little hope of starting capital raisings next Q.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jan 19 2014, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 19 2014, 05:28 PM

The goldies seem to have ignored it last time you suggested it.

Come come arty, I know it's a Sunday but sharpen up excl.gif

Absolutely no value in posting the index as am sure you well know, you can ignore such individual reports if you care to, suggest others don't follow your example--if they want to be fully informed.

Very first goldie I looked at was PRU, guess what immediately on publication of this announcement its SP dropped from around 60c to around 22c in 6 short weeks.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01458719
Attached File(s)
Attached File  PRU_Sunday.gif ( 18.44K ) Number of downloads: 6

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jan 19 2014, 05:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Oct 11 2012, 02:43 PM

2012 Q 3 Reports are due within the next 20 calendar days---once again expect surprises, again especially on the cost of production of many of our resource producers.

However there are some that have got capital raisings away during this quarter, perhaps those will surprise--on the upside.

The goldies seem to have ignored it last time you suggested it.

Attached File  XGD_w_QR_Oct12.gif ( 22.58K ) Number of downloads: 3

Materials performed slightly better, but there is hardly an indication suggesting that QR's have had any significant impact either.

Attached File  XMJ_w_QR_Oct12.gif ( 25.2K ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Jan 19 2014, 12:27 PM
  Quote Post

2012 Q4 Reports are due within the next 12 calendar days---once again expect surprises, again especially on the all inclusive cost of production of many of our resource producers.

On this occasion those reports will likely run right to the death knock in reporting dates ( ie to Friday 31st) due to the long Christmas break, probably just as important (this time) as the Q reports is the fact the FOMC meet on 28/29th January where QE takes centre stage, uncertain whether this meeting and the press conference after the meeting will be under the Chairmanship of Bernanke or Yellen.

So---expect a possible double whammy with your commodity based shareholdings---might be good or bad--but be prepared wacko.gif

Trading on Monday February 3rd might be very interesting and volatile.

--------------------

OZGAZ
post Posted: Jul 31 2013, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Jul 31 2013, 09:17 AM

Hi cooderman, I doubt it..I have a small holding, out of lack of knowledge from years ago, in a company called GDA that seemed to have been running on cap raisings and consolidation for years and yet they are still allowed to trade as a listed company. Personally running a company like this is paramount to fraud and yet nothing is questioned

Regards

Ozgaz

--------------------
Smile while TRADING it's only money... :)

cooderman
post Posted: Jul 31 2013, 09:17 AM
  Quote Post

out of curiosity checked all Quarterly Cashflow Reports released yesterday

it is a very depressing read for a lot of small companies......on cash available a lot of small companies will run

out of cash within 6 months or less.....would be hard for them to raise any cash

you would not want to be investing in these companies

on the other hand there were about 30 companies in a very good position

will be interesting to see if these smaller companies are questioned about their ability to continue

flower
post Posted: Oct 11 2012, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

2012 Q 3 Reports are due within the next 20 calendar days---once again expect surprises, again especially on the cost of production of many of our resource producers.

However there are some that have got capital raisings away during this quarter, perhaps those will surprise--on the upside.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jun 28 2012, 06:08 PM
  Quote Post

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Mining company Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. said Friday that it is cutting back on coal production at a mine in West Virginia and has eliminated some jobs.

The company now expects to produce about 800,000 tons of thermal coal from the Toney Forks No. 2 mine, down from its previous estimate of 1.1 million tons. Cliffs said it cut 46 hourly positions and 13 salaried jobs, effective Friday.

"Thermal coal usage for power generation has declined sharply, driven by the extremely mild winter and historically low natural gas prices," said David Webb, head of global coal operations.

The company still expects to sell 6 million tons of metallurgical coal in North America in 2012, and it expects to produce 5.5 million tons. That kind of coal is used in making steel. Shares of Cliffs Natural Resources gained $1.36, or 2.9 percent, to $48.98 on Friday.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Above from AP news services last Friday--whilst it was in the US, these sort of production cutback stories may well feature in the next batch of our Q reports, due to start coming within the next 10 days or so.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jun 23 2012, 03:05 PM
  Quote Post

There are about 15 days before all resource companies start filing their 2012 Q2 reports. (31 July the latest allowable date )

This time around expect some fairly dramatic and unexpected outcomes as many companies cost of PRODUCTION comes close to the SALE price of their product as USD commodity prices fall, (in some cases plummet) and company production costs rise aided by the new taxes.

You still have time to ditch those that obviously dont stack up, conversley you also have time to buy those companies that are already hugely profitable.

One falling asset price that does work in miners favour is the oil price, but not enough to cancel out that other problems that will/should be self evident in those Q reports.

IMHO please understand.

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING