Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

Queensland Flood Appeal
nipper
post Posted: Jan 20 2011, 09:27 AM
  Quote Post

Vic rainfall

http://www.bom.gov.au/jsp/awap/rain/index....th&area=nat
Attached File(s)
Attached File  why_it_has_been_floofding_in_Vic.rtf ( 1.81MB ) Number of downloads: 21

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

bam_bamm
post Posted: Jan 18 2011, 09:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 18 2011, 09:02 AM

dont forget that quite a few Woolworths stores Australia wide will match dollar for dollar any donations made at any Woolworths supermarket, BIG W or Dick Smith until this Thursday. An excellent way to stretch your donation that little bit further.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jan 18 2011, 09:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 18 2011, 12:01 AM

That's fine, Flower;
lots of members will have done so already.

My suggestion is suggesting a way to do more with little effort, that is easily achievable - at least by those of us who regularly achieve successful trades.

Kind of a "Tradeathon".

I hope I can elicit a few positive responses.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Jan 18 2011, 12:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jan 17 2011, 11:48 PM

As Frank Sinatra sung so melodically---"I've Done It My Way"---already.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Jan 17 2011, 11:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 11 2011, 09:14 AM

For those of us in the West, where it is hot and dry, to hear the overnight news from Queensland makes one ask, apart from money, "What can we do to help"---the short answer is practically nothing except pray, but the time will come when this battered community will require masses of practical assistance, let's make sure those of us who are in position to contribute,--- do just that.

Too right, Flower;
this is one suggestion I support you 100%. With our trading skills and successes: Aren't we in a good position to help? Regardless where we live, we can band together and chip in.

In fact, already did: in the JBH thread, where barra joined me immediately.

This is my suggestion:
Everybody pick one particular "typical" trade, follow it from Buy to Sell - make sure it turns a profit cool.gif ,
and donate the profit to the Premier's Relief Appeal.

Like Barra's, my ball has already been rolling last week:

Attached File  Flood_Appeal_Trade.gif ( 25.04K ) Number of downloads: 8

and $448 followed his $353 today into
BSB: 064 013
Account number: 1000 6800
Account Name: Premiers Disaster Relief Appeal
My accountant
Confirmed with ATO
That a SMSF can make a donation so you can realize the gain then claim the donation as an expense.

Any copycats out there? What are you waiting for?

It won't cost you anything, except a little planning and time; you're no worse off than if you hadn't taken that trade. And it won't even cost you a cent CGT.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Varmi
post Posted: Jan 14 2011, 01:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kelpie's post @ Jan 13 2011, 11:00 AM

I guess he's been busy wink.gif

Mining magnate Clive Palmer's chopper rescues 60 people stricken by Queensland floods

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-...j-1225987434382

--------------------
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

Varmi
post Posted: Jan 13 2011, 11:41 AM
  Quote Post

I am not a fan of Anna Bligh however I agree that she is doing great job in this crisis and does have the look of being in charge unlike our PM.

There are so many good stories of people helping others in these troubled times that makes us proud to be Aussies and then there are other stories that make me sick and totally disgusted such as looting, I was told of a certian fellow in Marybrough who had bought crates of milk before it ran out and was reselling it on the street side for seven dollars per 2lt bottle.

News of International Support -
http://www.radioaustralianews.net.au/stori...927.htm?desktop

stay safe v

--------------------
"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

lgrif
post Posted: Jan 13 2011, 11:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kelpie's post @ Jan 13 2011, 10:56 AM

G'day, that's close to what my wife & I said last night. Bligh seems sincere whereas Gillard appears to be performing.

flower
post Posted: Jan 13 2011, 11:13 AM
  Quote Post

Hi Kelpie--I studiously avoided exactly what you have just said, and I'm further to the right than Ghengis Khan!

Anna Bligh would make a FABULOUS Prime Minister of this wonderful country---but were stuck with you know who--for the time being only hopefully.

Just as an aside the flood disaster is prime time live TV in England-- comments returning here on the two personalities are revealing to say the least!

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Mungo
post Posted: Jan 13 2011, 11:04 AM
  Quote Post

I'll take a punt, one has a legal background (the one that initiates triple speak) and the other does not have a legal background.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING