Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

FREE MONEY GIVE AWAY, FROM DICK SMITH
Tylergold
post Posted: Dec 12 2010, 12:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 13 2010, 05:55 PM

i reckon its a scam, i would take it to the police and go from there, but i wouldnt know.

arty
post Posted: Aug 13 2010, 05:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Aug 13 2010, 04:49 PM

In short, the barrister from Madrid claims:
A chap with my surname died intestate in the December 2004 Tsunami with his entire family. The Spaniard has been asked to provide living relatives that can inherit USD 10.5M - and he offers to split the proceeds with me, provided I give him my bank details.
Must remain hush-hush and contact him on a gmx.com email address. yeah - right ph34r.gif
( scanned it full-size, but the result exceeded 2MB)

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

blueice
post Posted: Aug 13 2010, 04:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Aug 13 2010, 04:20 PM

Difficult to read Arty, what does it say????

arty
post Posted: Aug 13 2010, 04:20 PM
  Quote Post

Here is a much easier way to make Millions:

I received in today's mail the attached letter (my details blanked out)
The red marginal annotation is my wife's immediate reaction - she's got a suspicious mind biggrin.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  SpanishLetterX.gif ( 262.43K ) Number of downloads: 46

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Aug 13 2010, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Aug 13 2010, 11:40 AM

All DS has to do is get the Pope to admit ex cathedra "No, it doesn't cause blindness, and your hands won't become hairy either."
Maybe a Million bucks isn't enough to achieve that - pass the hat around for a "good cause". hypocrite.gif

leaves the question: What do we do about the Taliban? ph34r.gif

--------------------

blueice
post Posted: Aug 13 2010, 11:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Aug 12 2010, 09:17 PM

Fairdinkum, I would not be surprised at all if we see an AUSTRALIAN POPULATION CONTROL party being formed.................... blush.gif

wolverine
post Posted: Aug 12 2010, 09:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jwlkr's post @ Aug 12 2010, 09:13 PM

"Douche bag future pollie" deserves the hard earned thanks from me. It is pretty much oxymoronic but it just needs to be spelled out so eloquently.

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

jwlkr
post Posted: Aug 12 2010, 09:13 PM
  Quote Post

In one year's time, Dick will announce the winner as being the individual who makes the most noise with regards to his sustainability inquiry. Foreshadowed is a massive wankfest.

I haven't read the T&C on the Wilbur Smith site but, assuming natural persons as participants only, the prospective young go-getter doesn't necessarily have to develop the "solution" to the problem; just generate enough interest through social and professional networking to get the ball rolling.

Extroversion and impressionable a must. Thus, the probable candidate would most likely be some douche bag future pollie slash tool cum used car salesman.

Doesn't have to be a guy either...Lara Bingle? At least Gerry Harvey is honest in that he doesn't try and pretend to be a nice guy.

PS - Dick announces; markets plunge. Nice going.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  

deadone
post Posted: Aug 12 2010, 05:12 PM
  Quote Post

dick smith is a accidental millionaire, anybody who read THE DICK SMITH WAY by Ike bain would give a very good insight into the way dick smith thinks.
my shot at getting my hands on the million $ is , the labor party want to send unemployed to the bush to get jobs and will pay them $6,000, my idea is to pay them the money to move to new Zealand , both countries win, we get rid of unemployed and NZ gets more population.
disclaimer, I'm a fan of dick smith

balance
post Posted: Aug 12 2010, 10:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Aug 12 2010, 09:34 AM

Sorry blue I do actually know it. I was being a tad facetious.

I cannot stand the show along with ACA due to their appalling standards, shameless cross promotion of their stations shows and "wow look at this wonderful new product we found".
Not to mention the furry animal story to lull you back into a stupor just in case the audience maybe stimulated into doing some independent thinking.

In between the dross they do at times actually provide a half decent interview or real story and unfortunately I miss those due to my own judgmental cynicism toward these type of shows.Mea culpa.

I am a little cynical about many things Dicky says and does as he has a history of self promotion but I do think this is something he cares about.
I do think de-sexing the great unwashed does have its merits. devilsmiley.gif

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING