Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Projects cancelled/deferred due to RSPT, $ values and jobs lost
Mungo
post Posted: Oct 25 2012, 10:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Oct 25 2012, 10:21 PM

Monty Guild is spot on, but some folks - especially those in power will be in denial at the detriment of the country. Like I've said before, they come first, the party comes second and the country comes fourth.

flower
post Posted: Oct 25 2012, 10:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Sep 11 2010, 01:27 PM

Guild Investment Global Market CommentaryWritten: September 9, 2010(a section of)
---------------------------------------------------- The future of the Australian currency is in doubt. The Labor party won in a delayed result in Australia. They have vowed to proceed with the previously proposed mining tax. We believe the effect will be to slow or stop growth in the Australian mining industry, a very important part of the economy. As an unintended consequence, it will cause more mining companies to sell their properties to the Chinese. The Chinese will minimize the Australian tax by exporting all mined products to their home country and declaring that they made very small profits in Australia and instead take the profits in China. In our opinion, this will have the effect of making the mining tax a smaller revenue producer than expected.

Dateline 25 October 2012 biggrin.gif

PERTH (miningweekly.com) The Australian government's mineral resources rent tax (MRRT) failed to generate any revenue in its first three months, as coal and iron-ore prices declined sharply.

But Treasurer Wayne Swan stuck to his guns on Thursday, predicting that the MRRT would raise A$9-billion over the next four years.

In his mid-year economic and fiscal outlook, published on Monday, Swan estimated that the MRRT would raise $2-billion in 2012/13, down from A$3-billion forecast in the May budget.

Since its introduction in July, the MRRT has been faced with falling commodity prices, with reports suggesting that the largest three proponents of the tax, Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton and Xstrata, were currently not liable for any tax payments.

However, Swan was quoted as saying on Thursday that the first-quarter take of the MRRT should not be used to estimate the revenues for the rest of the year.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Mar 14 2012, 09:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 6 2012, 12:09 PM

Just watched Clive Palmer on ABC's 7.30 report, fantastic to see a major employer/entrepeneur tell this Government he had no intention of being asociated with Karl Marx biggrin.gif ---- or words to that effect.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Mar 6 2012, 12:09 PM
  Quote Post

What are we, as traders/investors to make of Treasurer Swan's quite pointed and vitriolic outbursts at certain high profile members of the mining community, since there is little doubt that his recent tirades are causing great unrest in that investing community and their perceptions of what might be coming, and in part must be contributing to todays sell off.

Is it just vitriole, greed/envy or in fact is he and the "new" Labour governement preparing us, the investing public, for yet more swingeing resource taxation?

--------------------

balance
post Posted: Mar 28 2011, 06:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Mar 28 2011, 12:10 PM

Flower it is hard to say but quite a balancing act if so.
I dont wish to discuss politics too much more, outside of terms of use and the thread.

Wolvy would be a good sport.It would stop some of them knocking at the door. devilsmiley.gif

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

harryhelo1
post Posted: Mar 28 2011, 03:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 28 2011, 02:53 PM

That is soo right EB....very true..

cheers

Harry

early birds
post Posted: Mar 28 2011, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Mar 28 2011, 02:48 PM

I have often read that when it comes to investing, it's better to deal with things as they are rather than as you would like them to be.

================================================================================
===================

i don't often read it here?? althought it is golden rule of investing!! unsure.gif

triage
post Posted: Mar 28 2011, 02:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Mar 28 2011, 12:10 PM

Wolvie

They don't shoot christians, do they? Wish they would local politics, it is so painful to watch.

flower

All I can say is that her "majority" is bigger than his "majority". I have often read that when it comes to investing, it's better to deal with things as they are rather than as you would like them to be.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

wolverine
post Posted: Mar 28 2011, 12:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Mar 28 2011, 10:38 AM

who is not particularly christian religious or have a predilection for shooting things.

I like shooting christians. When does the season open?

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

flower
post Posted: Mar 28 2011, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Mar 28 2011, 10:38 AM

My point in the statement you highlight is that the electorate imho does not generally like having the feds and states controlled by the one party or both houses in any state or federally controlled by any one party
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi again balance--in reality what are Gillard's survival chances over the next 2 years Federally?
Buckley's?

--------------------

9 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING