Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

PUPPY VIRUS, IS THIS THE NEW VIRUS TO BE FEARED
farmer fred
post Posted: Mar 13 2010, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wajmcd's post @ Mar 13 2010, 11:44 AM

Thanks for that wajmcd. I hadnt realised that, last time I vaccinated stock it was with a CSL vaccine but that was a while ago. As you say there is probably not the money in animal vaccines there is in human vaccines. The bulk of their business nowadays is in blood fractionation, so they are probably trying not to have to broad a portfolio.

wajmcd
post Posted: Mar 13 2010, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: farmer fred's post @ Mar 9 2010, 01:04 PM

CSL actually developed the first vaccine against canine parvovirus back in the late 70s copying James Cook Uni researchers who found that vaccinating dogs with cat enteritis vaccine gave some immunity. I think that CSL sold all their animal vaccine/ antivenene business to Pfizer last year, probably not as profitable as the government subsidised human division.

raauul
post Posted: Mar 9 2010, 03:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Mar 9 2010, 02:54 PM

Hi Blue, his a Cat, so he does whatever he wants! (if he wants to Cha Cha, he will, just dont hold your breath!)

blueice
post Posted: Mar 9 2010, 02:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: raauul's post @ Mar 9 2010, 02:43 PM

Totally agree, every owner should be responsible of immunising what ever pet they have.................
Does that cat of yours do the cha cha as well????????????

raauul
post Posted: Mar 9 2010, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Mar 9 2010, 01:11 PM

Canine Parvovirus cannot infect humans and any responsible owner should have their dog immunised when they are a puppy!! If a dog has had its shots, this is one of the diseases protected against.

blueice
post Posted: Mar 9 2010, 01:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: farmer fred's post @ Mar 9 2010, 01:04 PM

This COULD be on of the reasons why it is up today, you never know....................

farmer fred
post Posted: Mar 9 2010, 01:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Mar 9 2010, 12:28 PM

CSL produces animal vaccines as well as human vaccines. It seems to be flying today,up nearly 2% today despite going ex dividend.

blueice
post Posted: Mar 9 2010, 12:28 PM
  Quote Post

An article in last Saturday's SMH caught my attention titled : PUPPY VIRUS ALERT
So I wonder if this is to be the next deadly virus to sweep the globe?
So far we've had the bird flu, swine flu, horse flu, cow disease, so maybe now it is the PUPPY FLU............any companies on the ASX doing doggie virus??????

The article goes:
"A DEADLY puppy virus is sweeping the state, according to a top veterinarian.
Australian Veterinary Association NSW president Rod Starr said: "We have seen a significant increase in dogs with canine parvovirus...Common signs [of the virus] are vomiting and bloody diarrhoea. If your pet has any of these sympotoms you should see your vet straight away."
Vaccination was an effective way to prevent infection, Dr Starr said". End of quote

Said 'Thanks' for this post: sirob  

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING