Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Smart pills, Anyone out there using smart pills?
nipper
post Posted: Feb 23 2010, 06:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: felicitywilliams's post @ Feb 22 2010, 05:22 PM

Roger Ramjet took Protein Pills

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

Said 'Thanks' for this post: joules mm1  

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 23 2010, 11:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: BSA's post @ Feb 23 2010, 09:17 AM

Hi BSA

You sound suspiciously like Gen Y tongue.gif

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Mungo
post Posted: Feb 23 2010, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

I've heard about these things, folks take it in a suppository form - they end up with sh.. for brains. lmaosmiley.gif

Sorry, I could not resist, especially coming from a Journo, however at least you are trying to research a subject, unlike most other Journo's, perhaps you should ask some of them about it.

BSA
post Posted: Feb 23 2010, 09:17 AM
  Quote Post

I dunt take me not non of them smart pils

--------------------

MissAdventure
post Posted: Feb 23 2010, 08:02 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: felicitywilliams's post @ Feb 22 2010, 05:22 PM

Felicity

If people were taking these so called "smart" pills, surely they would be "smart" enough not to tell any one?

Good luck!

wren
post Posted: Feb 22 2010, 06:54 PM
  Quote Post

Hi Felicity,

Pity you aren't interested in people who don't take 'smart pills'.If you are considering such a follow up,Peter Garrett would have to be a dead set cert.

Best wishes for your research.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: veeone  

felicitywilliams
post Posted: Feb 22 2010, 05:22 PM
  Quote Post

Hi there. My name's Felicity Williams and I'm a journalist at the Herald Sun in Melbourne. I'm investigating the use of "smart pills" in high-stress professions such as stock-broking, investment banking and medicine, i.e. the illicit use of prescription drugs such as ritalin (for hyperactivity), modavigil (for narcolepsy)and donepezil (for dementia) to boost mental performance. The use of these so-called chemical cognitive enhancers is rife in Britain and the US - to the extent that one Harvard post-grad student said it would be unusual NOT to prepare for a big exam / write a big essay without popping some. I was wondering if anyone had heard of people in the stockbroking community using them. I'd really appreciate it if anyone could let me know - it's all totally on background and any source would be treated with the strictest confidence. I'm just looking for anecdotal evidence, really. Can be contacted on 03 9292 1050 or williamsfe@heraldsun.com.au. Cheers.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING