Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

NO MORE INSULATION OR SOLAR REBATES, CLOSED NOW
sirob
post Posted: Feb 20 2010, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

The insulation scheme was always going to be a disaster from the onset. Blind Freddy could see that it was going to be ripe for rorts of all kinds but I admit I did not foresee just how bad it would get.
A friend of mine who aready has insulation recently had new insulation laid over the top of the old and no doubt the Goverment will pay out the $1200 rebate, very smart these politicians with tax payers money.

I also note the criticism of the installation contractors by the electrical contracting industry, bit like the pot calling the kettle black, or the spider that sets the trap.Not supporting doggy insulators however if electrical contractors took the effort to install the cables in roofing in a safe and orderly manner rather than creating the mess of cables that I have observed in many homes perhaps we would not have had the deaths we have. These fatalities indicate it is time to consider a revision of electrical cabling standards in homes but do not expect our politicians to have the nous or foresight to to come to that obvious conclusion.

Mungo
post Posted: Feb 19 2010, 11:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Feb 19 2010, 07:26 PM

Big Govt is incompetent, in this case someone should be imprisoned for manslaughter at the min.

Name me one thing in the business world where the Govt sticks its nose in (via subsidies, stimuli, etc) that does not lead to:-

1/ Higher prices or
2/ abuse by businesses
3/ death

The Govt's role is not to interfere with the business cycle, but while we have a central bank that sets the rate of interest (versus the market setting it), the Govt has to interfere - unfortunately.

hungry
post Posted: Feb 19 2010, 07:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sirob's post @ Feb 19 2010, 02:38 PM

I suppose you have to look at it positively. The plan was to create work & keep the ecomony ticking along.
I guess it did that while it lasted.
Let's hope the gov doesn't withdraw all the funds beneficial to various industries too fast or too many at once.
FF
CSR is another that will suffer more than it already has over the prev month.

farmer fred
post Posted: Feb 19 2010, 07:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sirob's post @ Feb 19 2010, 02:38 PM

Have to also feel sorry for anybody buying into COS after a good half yearly report driving the shareprice up to 13.5c and then dropping back to 9.5c after the news.

sirob
post Posted: Feb 19 2010, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Feb 19 2010, 02:22 PM

Going to be a few poor unemployed ppl out there shortly

How very true hungry, however it was always going to be the case on the other hand there may still be a bit of work left for the original long term genuine installers or what's left of them.

hungry
post Posted: Feb 19 2010, 02:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 19 2010, 01:38 PM

The news a few nights back, had a story on the dangerous foil insulation practice.
They quoted figures on how many companies cashed in on this work when the rebates were started.
From memory there were 230 or 320 insulation companies in the country pre rebates. Currently there were over 8000 wacko.gif
Going to be a few poor unemployed ppl out there shortly.

arty
post Posted: Feb 19 2010, 01:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Feb 19 2010, 01:24 PM

the best joke is: underneath the article in the Age, there appear a couple of Google ads promising the very same $1200 rebate. wacko.gif

Attached File  the_age.png ( 10.73K ) Number of downloads: 0

btw we got our solar HWS installed last year - by a very professional outfit, which also delivered solar panels a little later. All went through without a glitch and full rebates/subsidies. Not interested in insulation because we have raked ceilings with no roof space.

We've been quite outspoken about the benefits of solar and other sustainable energy issues; now we've been invited to a communal "Awards Night" that's already been rescheduled to a Friday morning, so the minister can personally hand out the awards.

"I'm excited" tongue.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

blueice
post Posted: Feb 19 2010, 01:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Feb 19 2010, 01:17 PM

Fairdinkum, ever since this scheme was announced I have been having about FOUR different people per week knocking on my door asking me if I had insulation in my roof. And they were asking that if I did not if I want to take up the governments rebate offer.........all of a sudden EVERY ONE had become an expert in installing insulation..............of course I told them I WAS NOT INTERESTED...............even last week I had three people knocking on my door................

blueice
post Posted: Feb 19 2010, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

Check it out............just released

<h1 class="cN-headingPage prepend-5 span-11 last">Insulation, solar rebate schemes closed: Garrett </h1>TOM ARUP February 19, 2010 - 1:05PM
The federal government’s home insulation scheme and the solar hot water rebate scheme have both been closed, Environment Minister Peter Garrett has announced.

They will be replaced by a new household renewable energy bonus scheme, Mr Garrett told reporters in Sydney.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/insulati...00219-okv7.html

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING