Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

ON THE PUNT, SPORTS BETTING
post Posted: Oct 6 2010, 08:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bam_bamm's post @ Oct 5 2010, 04:15 PM

Thanks to petera on HC I managed to score 2 tix on the morning of the game. And a joyous day it was!

I feel pretty lucky really. Coll have played in 9 GF's in my life time and the only 2 I have been to are the ones they've won (1990 and now the 2010 replay). My dad has seen none and I must admit I balled my eyes out at 5.30 pm for the fact he missed this one due to ill health (started chemo a month back). Hopefully we may get the chance again in coming years.

--------------------
Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end.

bam_bamm
post Posted: Oct 5 2010, 04:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 29101971's post @ Sep 29 2010, 10:41 PM

hope you had some luck getting tickets mate, although the game ended up a bit of a fizzer.

different game, but i had money on the roosters at $2.30. ended up tearing the ticket up and giving it to a mate to use to floss his teeth.

--------------------

post Posted: Sep 29 2010, 10:41 PM
  Quote Post

I know its a long shot, but I am after 2 x AFL GF replay tix for this Saturday. Missed out last week and getting desperate! Please IM if you can help.

--------------------

post Posted: Sep 26 2010, 05:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 29101971's post @ Feb 13 2010, 09:44 PM

After an epic contest yday, I am amazed that St Kilda is as long as $2.55 for the replay. Equally amazed that Goddard did not pick up the Norm Smith, and that you can get $10 for him this week.

--------------------

post Posted: Feb 13 2010, 09:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: axeman's post @ Feb 13 2010, 08:56 PM

On certain events (such as current Flag odds), yes they are. Plus you can lay odds as well (shorting, if you will). Beware the commission charge though.

--------------------

axeman
post Posted: Feb 13 2010, 08:56 PM
  Quote Post

If i could offer some advice, i would recommend betfair, much better prices overall.

--------------------
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

post Posted: Feb 13 2010, 08:12 PM
  Quote Post

Thought I might start a new thread for any other sports punters out there (like me). All sports odds comment is welcome so please post your thoughts, tips and INSIDE MAIL here.

Now the AFL has started I have started to take a look at odds for the Flag, Spoon, Coleman and Brownlow. Every one has a different outlook and bias (depending on which team you like, mine is Collingwood, but don't hold that against me) but the thing that interest's me most, especially at this stage, is VALUE.

At this stage I am thinkng:

Flag: St Kilda - gotta have the hunger after coming so close last year. Best odds currently with Pinnacle at $4.40. For value Hawthorn look attractive at $10 (Luxbet).

Spoon: Richmond - looks like they are taking the path Melbourne took the last 2 years (draft picks). Best odds available at PartyBets with $4. After their off season turmoil and the loss of Fev, I have been keeping an eye on Carlton believe it or not (remember, I follow the Magpies), paying $67 with PartyBets also.

Coleman - looks a race in two with Fev ($4 at Sportsbet) and Buddy Franklin ($5 with Sportsbet also). For value I am looking at Roughead ($16 at Sportsbet) and Tippet ($21 at Centrebet).

Brownlow - this is the market I love scouring at this time of year. As an example, Naitanui was $600 with Centrebet before last night's NAB Cup game. He's now in to $50 in some markets. I always take the usual suspects (note midfielders) for the Top 5 (Black $5.00/Judd $2.50/Goodes $4.50 - Ablett too short at $1.75) as you can guarantee they'll always be there abouts. Just one of the value names I like is Brent Harvey, a proven vote getter, at $101 (Centrebet).

Look forward to any feedback people have, on any sport you can get a bet on. Happy punting. wink.gif

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING