Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Which Oil Stock?, Those that look hopeful at posting date
flower
post Posted: Nov 7 2010, 07:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hoaky's post @ Nov 7 2010, 11:45 AM

hoaky---since July Oil has increased in price 23% in USD terms--hence the oil sector is now that much more atrractive, IMO USD100pb is very likely next year.

Thus many oil projects have either been dusted off, and new ones added--HOWEVER one word of warning:

The stength of the AUD now at parity with the USD CAN have detrimental effects on some Oz based companies, you must do your own research.

My watch list has changed--but again it is your responsibility to research the companies and projects you may be interested in, this list contains some projects that have been activated, and some that still have "to happen".

So: CAVEAT EMPTOR on:

CNX
CVN
DTE
HZN
KAR
KIK
NXS
OSH
STO
WPL
SUR
TAP
AZZ
AUT
COE
CUE
NEN
NDO
CTP
ESG
LNG
ROC
WCL
BRU

Further word of warning: I have only had a cursory look at all on the list---do your own research especially on likely upcomming drilling programmes where the biggest upward moves should be made--at USD88pb actual oil/gas finds start to assume the role of major company makers with attendant heavy price increases for those shares. Watch out for increasing M&A activity. Find a 10 bagger out of this list and then IM me!

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Nov 7 2010, 02:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hoaky's post @ Nov 7 2010, 11:45 AM

H: I need to reconstitute that list which was posted 5 months ago

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: hoaky  

hoaky
post Posted: Nov 7 2010, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Nov 6 2010, 03:30 PM

Hi Flower
i noticed COE has dropped of your list. Just wondering if I have missed some bad news (again) or is the chart ugly?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

flower
post Posted: Nov 6 2010, 03:30 PM
  Quote Post

Which Oil Stock revisited---

Is history repeating---will Crude Oil get back to USD100pb plus?

Will the USD crash to GFC levels? (or much lower?)

Very probably YES to both is the short answer.

Can oil rise that high given the state of world economies--YES, for two reasons--the weakening USD but much more importantly the growing demand from the emerging economies.

So--time to update your oilers watchlist--IMO
Attached File(s)
Attached File  crude_oil_sat_6.gif ( 8.97K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  usd_sat_6th.gif ( 10.5K ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jul 26 2010, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

All these have merit, all are active, all have yet to report their Q2 positions.

Crude futures remain in a 8 week uptrend as the NH driving period reaches its peak, and the US cyclone season starts , physical stocks of oil are also being increased in preparation for the NH Winter.

These surely are worth watching closeley for upside movement.

TAP BRU CVN AWE LNG HZN NXS BPT AZZ ESG AUT EPG

BTW; The operators of the massive Pluto gas production field about to come on stream are now contemplating a second production train whilst all construction crews are on site, though they have a problem--not enough gas to support that second train--"just yet"

Maybe worth conducting intensive research into those ASX oilers about to drill in that vicinity!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  8_wk_uptrend.gif ( 8.93K ) Number of downloads: 8

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jun 27 2010, 11:47 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 26 2010, 12:39 PM

Hi arty---let's get a bit more specific then.

July sees all resource companies produce their 2010 Q2 reports. Crude Oil prices aren't getting any cheaper in USD terms. We have the banning of deepwater drillling in the US, and the onset of the US hurricane season, and the yearly building up of oil supplies for the NH Winter--PLUS the resumption of USD weakness---so I make out a Fundamental case for some ASX oil/gas producers over the next month.

TAP: The long planned assault on different areas of the world SHOULD start this month for TAP with the spudding of their first onshore well in Brunei on Block M. (90c to $1.18)

CVN: At least 3 wells are due to report. CVN should be making a decision about employing another rig during July. Hopefully Q2 report will show progress in ramping up oil production to the planned 9,000bopd. (35c to 50c)

AZZ: Recent fracture stimulation to show up in the share price. Expect good Q report. (64c to 86c)

ESG: Recent dismissal of US court action should be reflected in the share price during July. (84c to $1.00)

AUT: Q2 report should show good progress following the succesfull fracture stimulation in the Turnbull 1 well. ($1 to $1.13)

EPG: Recent extention granting by the French Government of the 2 exploration permits should be reflected in the SP. (20c to 27c)

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jun 26 2010, 09:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ormond's post @ Jun 26 2010, 03:26 PM

Can't say it excites me all that much.
It's been idling sideways in a channel between 10 and 18c; would need to break above 18c with volume for me to become interested.
But if you were already set - say around 12-13c - your long-term outlook could indeed be pretty bright.
daily:

Attached File  SEA_25_06_10.gif ( 18.94K ) Number of downloads: 12

weekly, displaying a long sideways channel:

Attached File  SEA_w_25_06_10.gif ( 17.35K ) Number of downloads: 6

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

ormond
post Posted: Jun 26 2010, 03:26 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 26 2010, 01:02 PM

SEA-Sundance Energy is a producer which looks poised for a break out.
Completed a recent capital raising to continue their drilling in a share of 50 wells this year.
If possible would like a chart and some thoughts on this emerging producer

arty
post Posted: Jun 26 2010, 01:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 26 2010, 12:39 PM

If it wasn't for the pitiful volume accompanying the breakout from the low trading range, EPG could be considered a candidate for this thread. You'll probably argue it's not really an oiler, but a gas stock. But so is ESG...
Attached File(s)
Attached File  EPG_25_06_10.gif ( 23.19K ) Number of downloads: 4

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Jun 26 2010, 12:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 17 2010, 06:18 PM

no point filling this reply with individual charts - look them up yourself

TAP - daily chart: triangle could go either way; weekly chart: Lower Highs, Lower Lows over 12 months
WPL - resumed sell-off; Lower Lows, Lower Highs for past 9 months
AWE - one green day the last 2 weeks; accelerated sell-off to new 20-month Low
AZZ ? sideways, battling resistance @ 68-70c
CVN ? still sideways/ heading lower?
ESG + looking hopeful - MAYBE
HZN ? given back half of early June's gains
MEO - resumed fall
NXS ? consolidating? or dying on 28c resistance?
OSH ? revival snuffed out? or regrouping?
STO ? revival snuffed out? or regrouping?

The Energy sector as a whole has been making LL-LH since mid last year; resumed its drop to a new Low the last week.

--------------------

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING