Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TRAVEL, Experiences, stories, tips, questions, advice etc
Mungo
post Posted: Jul 4 2010, 10:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Jul 4 2010, 09:46 PM

Back in those days the sheep's throat were slit, the pigs through an electric bolt. God, crummy subject - enjoy the travels.

wolverine
post Posted: Jul 4 2010, 09:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Mungo's post @ Jul 4 2010, 08:43 PM

I have shot several pens of sheep and they know too.... sad.gif

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Mungo
post Posted: Jul 4 2010, 08:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jul 4 2010, 08:32 PM

How anybody could want to kill and eat whales is totally beyond me and eveybody else on today's trip.

The same goes for some other consumption animals, back in the 70's during school holidays I use to work in the abattoirs, one of my tasks was shooting the cows whilst they were in a pen, we use to have a ramp above the pen from where we shoot them from, I will never forget the tears rolling out of the cows eyes prior to being shot.

The pigs knew it was coming also, the sheep did not have a clue.

flower
post Posted: Jul 4 2010, 08:32 PM
  Quote Post

If in the very south west of WA can thoroughly recommend a boat trip for about 3 hours whale watching in Flinders Bay---fantastic to watch these massive creatures come up and seemingly play with and around the boat.

Flinders Bay is just past Augusta and on the tip of The Southern Ocean, the whales stop off here for a bit of RandR before heading off to Broome where they calve--nurture their calves for few months in warm waters before returning to Antartica from where they have just come. Truly remarkable.

Whale watching season in Flinders Bay lasts June to September but not always just from Augusta--at some point the boat moves to Dunsborough near Busselton.

Be prepared to get sea sick if prone to that--also it is B cold!

How anybody could want to kill and eat whales is totally beyond me and eveybody else on today's trip.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

blueice
post Posted: Apr 30 2010, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

Space-age: Virgin Atlantic upper class - check it out

http://www.theage.com.au/travel/traveller-tips/flight-test-virgin-atlantic-upper-class-20100422-tdw9.html?rand=1272525133431

blueice
post Posted: Feb 5 2010, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 5 2010, 01:36 PM

No I didn't, when was it on???

arty
post Posted: Feb 5 2010, 01:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blueice's post @ Feb 5 2010, 01:27 PM

not bad ... but did you watch the recent documentary about the Hindenburg's last flight?
Anyway, the pictorial below, about Turkish Delights, is far more appealing devilsmiley.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

blueice
post Posted: Feb 5 2010, 01:27 PM
  Quote Post

Check this out - the only way to fly........I'll post the link,hope it works.........................

http://www.theage.com.au/photogallery/trav...selectedImage=1

sabretoothed
post Posted: Oct 19 2009, 11:55 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Damon22's post @ Oct 19 2009, 08:58 AM

lol apparently they can fly 3-4km from the crater you'd be running very fast looking backwards at the same time!

http://yasur.com/volcano.html

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

Damon22
post Posted: Oct 19 2009, 08:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sabretoothed's post @ Oct 19 2009, 08:47 AM

On the walk up to the rim of the crater, the slope of the volcano is a graveyard of old bombs - sort of like the used car strip in any major city. It was fun following the trajectories of the bombs as they soared skyward, judging just where to position oneself so that one didn't get killed.

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING