Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

84 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SEH, SINO GAS & ENERGY HOLDINGS LIMITED
arty
post Posted: May 15 2015, 09:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 15 2015, 06:57 PM

Especially in the gas space, I reckon we're about to see a glut within the next few years.
Remember all the iron ore start-ups a couple of years ago? Look at the economics now.
The same I see happening with oil, gas, and especially LNG. Possibly even exacerbated by the growing realisation in civilised societies that you can have far cleaner and more easily renewable energy sources than oil and gas. Even China is coming to the party.

IMHO, you understand.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: May 15 2015, 06:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 15 2015, 02:24 PM

But have you looked at the price of crude oil lately?
Hi arty, yes of course I watch the POO in Brent and WTI on a daily basis, and continue to wonder why no interest is shown in any major ASX oil producer, be it WPL or any other oiler UNLESS those that do move are solely driven by a positive but short term news flow, ie no ASX major ASX oil producer has risen in an ongoing and steady rising tandem with the very welcome POO rise over the period in question, which is since late February 2015.

Since SEH began the latest decline, the oil price has lifted from a double bottom formation and risen by about a third.
SEH is somewhat a special case IMO. Since Christmas 2014 there has been a steady flow of good news in ASX announcements out of its Chinese operations coupled with vital injection of "on the field" experienced Chinese management and additional capital raising, whilst I realise some place no faith in what Management has to say about it's own company, perhaps another read of the Chairman's Address is worthwhile.

Page 6 of enclosed presentation worth reading re where SEH sits.

I do believe China has a genuine and urgent desire to increase domestic gas production to a point where natural gas goes from today's 5% of China's energy mix to 10% of the same by 2020, SEH is in the ideal graphical and financial position to be supplying a good share of that requirement and at some point the chart will reflect that Fundamental point. Not holding SEH currently.

Sino Gas - AGM Presentation
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01625451

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

arty
post Posted: May 15 2015, 02:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 15 2015, 10:33 AM

SEH suffers from lack of investor interest due to the decline in world oil prices.

The first part is a reasonable statement, supported by chart trends.

Attached Image

But have you looked at the price of crude oil lately? Since SEH began the latest decline, the oil price has lifted from a double bottom formation and risen by about a third.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: May 15 2015, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

It would appear that whilst SEH has minimal exposure to gasoline prices, SEH suffers from lack of investor interest due to the decline in world oil prices.
SEH securing new gas sales agreements @ $US9.50-9.60/Mscf up approx. 35% from the 2013 contract.
----------------------

Sino Gas - AGM Presentation
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01625451

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Apr 24 2015, 10:28 AM
  Quote Post

Q report out---producing more gas, 29 well programme under way, six wells under test:
----------------------------------------

Sino Gas - Q1 Activities Report
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01618479

--------------------

Tradestar
post Posted: Apr 22 2015, 11:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 22 2015, 09:06 AM

$60-80mill worth at 16c shares being released to insto's and fund managers and some for a couple of stockbroking firms. Going to be used to payout the Macquarie loan and have enough finance until ODP and then reserves based lending to be used.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  skyhigh  

flower
post Posted: Apr 22 2015, 09:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 13 2015, 10:09 AM

In spite of increasing production in a gas hungry nation and doubling of capacity this stock remains totally unloved, very strange.

Maybe this is the reason: Cap Raising announcement pending.

Trading Halt
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01617506

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Apr 13 2015, 10:09 AM
  Quote Post

In spite of increasing production in a gas hungry nation and doubling of capacity this stock remains totally unloved, very strange.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sino Gas - Production & Operational Update
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01614122

--------------------

Tradestar
post Posted: Mar 26 2015, 01:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 25 2015, 06:23 PM

Yes, that PIE chart is old, not many private holders in top 15 now.

Performance rights tied to some fairly tough measures to achieve, but obviously must be realistic otherwise CEO wouldn't have agreed to them in his contract.

Pilot production increase news due in next couple of days - expected, so I wouldn't think it will move the price.

Hopefully mid year when next pilot plant comes onboard the price will move upwards.

flower
post Posted: Mar 25 2015, 06:23 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Tradestar's post @ Mar 25 2015, 02:57 PM

Yes, SEH now tightly held, pie chart on page 6 of this presentation:
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01604778

Nevertheless very disappointing as a trading stock this time around, don't forget the oil/gas sector just about the most ignored sector currently. Chart enclosed.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

84 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING