Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

85 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SEH, SINO GAS & ENERGY HOLDINGS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 10 2017, 07:21 AM
  Quote Post

another article in the press about Sino - being fed by the company's PR, but aren't most?

China's latest half-a-trillion-dollar commitment to renewables will only boost the need for gas in the country, the only ASX-listed Chinese gas producer says. China late last week announced plans for a massive new wave of investment in renewable energy as part of its efforts to ease the country's chronic pollution problems.

Those plans should have a direct benefit on ASX-listed Sino Gas & Energy, the company's Beijing-based managing director Glenn Corrie told The Australian, with China's huge energy requirements meaning vast amounts of gas would be needed to help with the transition away from coal.

"The biggest issue the country faces at the moment is pollution," Mr Corrie said. "There's potential social instability problems due to the fact you've got very large populations in very polluted cities. As the population is getting wealthier and they're travelling, they're looking at this pollution and saying, 'we don't need to put up with this any longer'."

China's energy agency last week said the country would spend $US360 billion ($492.8bn) between now and 2020 on renewable energy sources such as solar and wind in the country's latest attempt to ease the smog problems in Beijing and other Chinese cities. The percentage of power generated by coal is also forecast to fall under the plan, while gas's share of the Chinese energy market is expected to almost double from less than 6 per cent to 10 per cent.

The latest strategic plan also aims to increase gas exploration and development, prioritise the deregulation of the gas market, and promote gas for use in the power and transportation industries. The company has already benefited from the Chinese government's requirements for companies to turn to gas, with Sino now selling a large portion of its gas to a nearby aluminium refinery of state-owned giant Chinalco following an edict to convert the facility from coal to gas-fired power.

The company and its partners have identified about 5 trillion cubic feet of gas, roughly equivalent to Woodside Petroleum's Pluto gasfield off WA, and Mr Corrie says the project has significant cost advantages in the Chinese market over the expensive liquefied natural gas projects of Australia and elsewhere.

Mr Corrie said Sino Gas could produce gas for about $2 a unit, compared to $7 to $8 a unit out of many LNG projects. The company has seen a lift in the amount of institutional investors on its share register in the past year, with big international names including Fidelity, Colonial First State, Kinetic and Perennial all taking positions in the company.

"We're the lowest cost operator from a gas perspective, so that makes us a very attractive investment opportunity and is one of the reasons we've got some of the world's biggest investment firms behind us," Mr Corrie said.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

mme
post Posted: Jan 4 2017, 04:58 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: MiscMan's post @ May 17 2016, 09:36 PM

Nice article in yesterday's AFR about SEH!! Some nice de risked valuations being bounded about too!! biggrin.gif Happy holding as I luckily got pretty much the low.

MiscMan
post Posted: May 17 2016, 09:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ May 17 2016, 01:28 PM

An even bigger prod today. 11.5c on close and finished on high with volume.

New partner valuing SEH at 16c based on their purchase of 51% of SGE from MIE Holdings.

mme
post Posted: May 17 2016, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mme's post @ Apr 28 2016, 05:04 AM

SEH getting a nice prod today! Some largish buys! biggrin.gif

mme
post Posted: Apr 28 2016, 05:04 AM
  Quote Post

Announcement with the sale sparked some interest yesterday! In real terms if you consider the sale price what's SEH worth 15 plus cents?? biggrin.gif

mme
post Posted: Feb 17 2016, 09:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: richmond's post @ Jan 19 2016, 01:03 PM

Nicel movement today! Bought in at 3 cents and happy holding. biggrin.gif

richmond
post Posted: Jan 19 2016, 01:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: cooderman's post @ Aug 5 2015, 02:15 PM

everyone certainly threw their toys out of the cot here today - not getting paid for gas will do that I suppose

cooderman
post Posted: Aug 5 2015, 02:15 PM
  Quote Post

SEH has really taken a beaten lately.....thought I would buy a few just for a punt.. in at .092. a few Daily closes below .09 and

out quickly....Flowers it seems a long time since you last posted.. Hope everything is OK.

Attached Image

arty
post Posted: May 15 2015, 09:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 15 2015, 06:57 PM

Especially in the gas space, I reckon we're about to see a glut within the next few years.
Remember all the iron ore start-ups a couple of years ago? Look at the economics now.
The same I see happening with oil, gas, and especially LNG. Possibly even exacerbated by the growing realisation in civilised societies that you can have far cleaner and more easily renewable energy sources than oil and gas. Even China is coming to the party.

IMHO, you understand.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: May 15 2015, 06:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ May 15 2015, 02:24 PM

But have you looked at the price of crude oil lately?
Hi arty, yes of course I watch the POO in Brent and WTI on a daily basis, and continue to wonder why no interest is shown in any major ASX oil producer, be it WPL or any other oiler UNLESS those that do move are solely driven by a positive but short term news flow, ie no ASX major ASX oil producer has risen in an ongoing and steady rising tandem with the very welcome POO rise over the period in question, which is since late February 2015.

Since SEH began the latest decline, the oil price has lifted from a double bottom formation and risen by about a third.
SEH is somewhat a special case IMO. Since Christmas 2014 there has been a steady flow of good news in ASX announcements out of its Chinese operations coupled with vital injection of "on the field" experienced Chinese management and additional capital raising, whilst I realise some place no faith in what Management has to say about it's own company, perhaps another read of the Chairman's Address is worthwhile.

Page 6 of enclosed presentation worth reading re where SEH sits.

I do believe China has a genuine and urgent desire to increase domestic gas production to a point where natural gas goes from today's 5% of China's energy mix to 10% of the same by 2020, SEH is in the ideal graphical and financial position to be supplying a good share of that requirement and at some point the chart will reflect that Fundamental point. Not holding SEH currently.

Sino Gas - AGM Presentation
http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01625451

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

85 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING