Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

118 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES, ANYTHING INTERESTING
mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 14 2015, 09:13 AM
  Quote Post

S Izzy the Staffordshire terrier
PHOTO: Victoria's Knox City Council ruled Izzy the Staffordshire terrier should be destroyed, but the High Court will be asked to overturn that decision. (Facebook: Barristers Animal Welfare Panel)
MAP: Canberra 2600
The fate of a Staffordshire terrier named Izzy will be put into the hands of the High Court of Australia in Canberra today, when the dog's owner challenges a council order for its destruction.

The highest court in the land deciding on the fate of a dog.
Vitally important stuff to the nation.
how much do we taxpayers pay for these clowns??
they should have told the plaintiff to piss off.
Do we not have slightly more pressing matters to be decided???
if not, disband the bloody thing.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

wren
post Posted: Apr 13 2015, 03:39 PM
  Quote Post

RTR....never heard of it,however they have just appointed Nathan Tinkler as a Corporate Advisor!
I'm in!

arty
post Posted: Apr 13 2015, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Carsha's post @ Apr 13 2015, 02:04 PM

It seems someone at Newscorp has been reading too much sci-fi smile.gif
See R.A.Heinlein "I Will Fear No Evil"

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Carsha  

Carsha
post Posted: Apr 13 2015, 02:04 PM
  Quote Post

Terminally ill man set to be first to undergo the world’s first full head transplant

AN Italian surgeon is set to become the first in the world to transplant a human head on to a donor body. The pioneering operation by Dr Sergio Canavero is to be carried out on a 30-year-old computer scientist who is suffering from a fatal muscle wasting disease.

Valery Spiridonov has admitted that the prospect of going through with the operation is terrifying.

balance
post Posted: Apr 13 2015, 10:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: harryhelo1's post @ Apr 12 2015, 10:40 PM

G'day Mick & Harry.

I know some really good people in casa. Why the whole is such a disaster I dont know. Bureaucratic interference and incompetence at higher levels? Who knows?

The atsb and asa seem to have the same problems. All I know is the industry and its regulation is a long way from what it should be.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

harryhelo1
post Posted: Apr 12 2015, 10:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Apr 12 2015, 06:32 AM

Hi Mick

I used to be a commercial helicopter pilot doing amongst other jobs mustering.. Talk about useless...The double standards were shocking..The inefficiency was amazing..The execution of their duties much to be desired..

Cheers

Harry

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Apr 12 2015, 06:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Mar 29 2015, 03:29 PM

Successive govt's have been utterly useless in dealing with aviation and the various authorities ie casa, atsb are no better.

Speaking to the engineers, pilots and flight attendants would seem to be a good place to start as they are the ones directly involved. Truss is as useful as his useless predecessor. Thank goodness for blokes like Nick Xenophon.

As a Private Pilot, I could not agree more.
CASA and its inhabitants seem hell bent on destroying all aviation in Australia except for the major airlines.
Heard a fantastic story recently about a well credentialled pilot who flies a a mid sized exec jet, of which there are only two registered in OZ.
Every two years Pilots need to go through a flight check with an authorised person - usually a flight instructor.
At the level he was on, it had to be done by a senior CASA check officer (an ATO).
Unfortunately, there was no ATO within CASA who had been endorsed on this type of exec jet.
So their solution was for for one of their senior ATO's to be endorsed by the experienced pilot in that type , then for the that newly endorsed ATO
to conduct a flight review of the experienced pilot.
And to top it off, during his endorsement, the ATO busted right through controlled airspace without clearance. But its ok, they are CASA, and the rules don't apply to them.
Only a govt bureacracy could not see the stupidity of this.
Talk to pilots outside CASA or the RAAF and you will find nothing but loathing and contempt for CASA.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: balance  

henrietta
post Posted: Apr 11 2015, 04:11 PM
  Quote Post

Abbott mobbed by fans at Taronga zoo

This headline is rather open to interpretation. biggrin.gif

Cheers
J

balance
post Posted: Mar 29 2015, 03:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Mar 29 2015, 10:20 AM

Successive govt's have been utterly useless in dealing with aviation and the various authorities ie casa, atsb are no better.

Speaking to the engineers, pilots and flight attendants would seem to be a good place to start as they are the ones directly involved. Truss is as useful as his useless predecessor. Thank goodness for blokes like Nick Xenophon.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

henrietta
post Posted: Mar 29 2015, 10:20 AM
  Quote Post

Re

Abbott government ministers meet to discuss Germanwings crash

Wouldn't it be reasonable to ask the pilots what they think ? After all. it's their asses on the line, and they know how planes , airlines , and the system works.

Oh, wait a minute , the " government " must be seen to be in control of all things, especially those things it knows absolutely nothing about. No doubt the spin doctors see it as a chance for the government to get cheap kudos.

In my opinion, if things were dangerous, the pilots would have been squawking loudly long before this.

Cheers
J

118 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING