Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

107 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES, ANYTHING INTERESTING
arty
post Posted: Apr 9 2014, 07:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Apr 9 2014, 06:43 PM

Wow! Cubic Litres = Cubic decimetres cubed. graduated.gif That makes nine dimensions! Got to be a record! laugh.gif

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

henrietta
post Posted: Apr 9 2014, 06:43 PM
  Quote Post

What's a cubic litre ?
It has been a difficult year for mine operator Energy Resources of Australia (ERA), marred by security breaches and the collapse of a leach tank in December that spilled about one million cubic litres of radioactive and acidic slurry at the site.

Cheers
J

balance
post Posted: Apr 5 2014, 09:18 AM
  Quote Post

SMH article on FOFA. Worth a read for anyone using or considering using an adviser.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

hungry
post Posted: Apr 5 2014, 08:55 AM
  Quote Post

A free plug for one of this sites advertisers.

I bought a Dream Catcher 2 kayak from Dream Kayaks recently and it's awesome value imo.

After now having used it on the water several times, I find it as good as they state. I have no complaints about the service, quality, stability, strength, design or the price! (or anything else)

They will even bargain with you for a better deal than advertised price, even though they are super cheap already.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  

nipper
post Posted: Mar 31 2014, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

US politicians have considered a multitude of harsh measures in their attempt to cut government spending, from slashing the military budget to reducing benefits.

A 14-year-old boy, however, has suggested a prosaic alternative: switching type fonts on all government correspondence in a move which he claims would save $US370 million a year ($A400m) in printing costs.

Suvir Mirchandani, from Pittsburgh, began his research after being struck by the number of printed sheets he was handed by his teachers at middle school. He decided to investigate the costs involved, and discovered that computer printer ink is considerably more expensive, by weight, than the finest French perfume.

Realising that some fonts used far more ink than others, he deduced that his school district could save $US21,000 a year by switching to a typeface called Garamond from Times New Roman.

In a wider study, he found that the US Government could save $US136 million on its $US467 million annual printing budget by doing the same thing.

An additional $US234 million could be saved annually if state governments made the same switch, he reported.

The US Government Printing Office has described his research as "remarkable" and has promised to examine whether to change its methods.

The Times

--------------------
"Cause they told me everybody's got to pay their dues
And I explained that I had overpaid them"
- Rodriguez

"What a deplorable existence I lead in this absurd climate and under what frightful conditions! How boring! How stupid life is! What am I doing here?"
- Rimbaud 1884 (Aden)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

triage
post Posted: Mar 30 2014, 07:43 AM
  Quote Post

I know there is a ss regular who is a keen follower of ten pin bowling and gets quite miffed by how the very best of our local talent does not get the same rockstar treatment as say our cricketers (sorry cannot remember his handle). Anyway he at least may be interested in this piece about the relative decline of professional bowling in the US (where close to 20% of the adult population still report themselves as being active in the sport).

For me watching bowling on tv is about as engrossing as watching their oval track car racing, that is not very, but I recognise that is not the view of fans of the either sport. I also happen to believe that basketball, like touch footy and indoor cricket, is not much more than a type of exercise you do to stay fit and yet it has developed into a major form of entertainment around the world. Each to their own.

http://priceonomics.com/the-rise-and-fall-...sional-bowling/

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

harryhelo1
post Posted: Mar 27 2014, 12:31 PM
  Quote Post

A bit of history on oil and the oil cartel......very interesting...

The secret of the seven sisters courtesy Al Jazeera...

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/specia...5231487582.html

balance
post Posted: Mar 27 2014, 07:39 AM
  Quote Post

China loses WTO case on rare earths. Here.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

wolverine
post Posted: Mar 26 2014, 07:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrbear's post @ Mar 26 2014, 06:53 PM

Such a shame that he and his other mates at the HSU (since he wasn't the brains of the organisation) don't get a longer sentence and some time in general population.

--------------------
I AM THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

henrietta
post Posted: Mar 26 2014, 07:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Mar 26 2014, 08:42 AM

Hi Balance and Arty
I've just had a thought about this return to knighthoods , and why .............
LITTLE JOHNNY wants one !!! And Little Johnny's wife of course.
Cheers
J

107 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING