Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Golf
arty
post Posted: Apr 15 2013, 06:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Apr 15 2013, 01:35 PM

The reason is probably that it takes much bigger balls to win a Tenpin Masters.
Jason Belmonte's are huge - far too intimidating to a golfer; hence nobody dares mention his win lmaosmiley.gif

But Adam Scott did well too. Nice long putt when he knew he had to hole it - and did!
Congrats, Adam! puke.gif (couldn't find a green jacket, had to use the green head instead.)

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

triage
post Posted: Apr 15 2013, 06:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bam_bamm's post @ Apr 15 2013, 01:01 PM

Yep. well done Adam Scott, not only in winning the damn thing but in the gracious way he accepted victory: recognising how luck played its part, and how the other two Aussies were also in the hunt, and also tipping his hat to Greg Norman's influence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/22148924

I seem to recall Ian Baker-Finch paid tribute to the role model Greg Norman was when he, Baker-Finch, won his major title all those years ago now (?).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

mistagear
post Posted: Apr 15 2013, 01:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bam_bamm's post @ Apr 15 2013, 01:01 PM

When is, an Aussie winning the US Masters, not important ?

When it's Tenpin Bowling, not Golf

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

bam_bamm
post Posted: Apr 15 2013, 01:01 PM
  Quote Post

Congrats to Adam Scott for winning the US Master's!

--------------------

blueice
post Posted: Dec 4 2009, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

That Tiger Woods sure lives up to his name - Tigers' tally?? THREE so far..................rrrrrrrrrah

bermuda
post Posted: Nov 30 2009, 08:04 AM
  Quote Post

Anyone got the 'lowdown' on what happened to Tiger.

brucem1
post Posted: Nov 29 2009, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

For those members that are keen golf fanatics I would like to report on a new golf course here in Aust that will shortly become recognized as one of the "must play" courses in the world.
Yesterday I played in a charity event on Hamilton Island Golf Course and it was absolutely fantastic.
The course has only been opened a few months and is on Dent Island which is adjacent to Hamilton Island and the whole island is devoted to the course and its infrastructure.The layout was designed by Peter Thomson and the views across the Whitsunday Group are breathtaking.
Greens,tees and fairways are tournament quality but you will need plenty of balls if you cannot keep the ball on the fairway.
I have played on many courses both in Australia and overseas but never on a course that can match this for the scenery and a challenge to golfing skill.
This course is a golfing "must".

bermuda
post Posted: May 27 2009, 08:17 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: access's post @ May 27 2009, 07:28 AM

Anyone who can hit it out of bounds on the first hole at St Andrews is a special person. I am talking about hitting it out of bounds to the left. Yes, that's left across the first fairway and then further left across the 18th fairway and then over the wall. He was still an Aussie then.

Good luck to him but I wish he had retained his Aussie status. I caddied for him in the NZ Open in about 1982. He finished about 5 shots behind and would have won it apart from the 4th hole. He put a ball out of bounds in all 4 rounds which cost him 8 shots.

During his fall from playing stardom there was a rather cruel joke going round that he had tried suicide but couldnt make the 'cut'.

A nice guy but I wish he could play in this tournament as an Aussie. Let's hope he goes well. It's all in the mind.

access
post Posted: May 27 2009, 07:28 AM
  Quote Post

Over a period of time I have noticed a lot of Sharescene member like to play golf.

I just noticed a bit of information that surprised me.

The line up for this week's Crowne Plaza Invitational on the PGA Tour includes Ian Baker-Finch as a player( 9.02 Tee time). He is playing under an American flag.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING