Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

Who Am I?
flower
post Posted: Mar 27 2012, 11:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Mar 27 2012, 10:50 PM

Cooper and Vanwall has to be Stirling Moss, so I guess the other is likely Fangio...

Stirling Moss who is still with us (RHS of photo in driving seat) correct, the other man (with flat cap) was Mike Hawthorn. Won't try to describe his racing feats, save to say raced in the company of the greats of motor racing. Loved Jaguars. Google him.

Had the privelege during my mispent youth to be a track marshal at Goodwood racecourse in Sussex in it's post war heyday, saw Fangio, Moss, Pete Collins, Hawthorn, Brabham et al in the days cars were real cars and the drivers dare devil characters.

If you ever find yourself in Southern England in late June go to the annual Goodwood Festival Of Speed, all the real cars are there including the odd but very rare supercharged 4.5 litre 1928 Bentley, which Enzo Ferrari described as the fastest truck in the world, see Spitfires, Huricanes, and if you are very lucky the last remaining Lancaster WW2 bomber that is airworthy.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

mistagear
post Posted: Mar 27 2012, 10:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 27 2012, 09:57 PM

Cooper and Vanwall has to be Stirling Moss, so I guess the other is likely Fangio...
(I'm slow)
A bit before my time, however I had the privillage of sharing a pit with Sir Jack Brabham at Oran Park, in a 500mile Touring Car race (mid 70s, He drove a Torana which Stirling had "backed up" at the start of Bathurst the previous year).
Was one of the most memorable moments to be on the same tar as 3times World Champ

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

chiller
post Posted: Mar 27 2012, 10:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 27 2012, 09:57 PM

Jack Brabham and Fangio

Cheers Charles

--------------------
Temporary insanity only

Said 'Thanks' for this post: flower  

flower
post Posted: Mar 27 2012, 09:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ Mar 27 2012, 08:00 PM

Jackie Stewart and Ken Tyrrell ?

No, in one case think Jaguar and Ferrari, in the other Lotus, Cooper, Mercedes, Vanwall plus others

--------------------

mistagear
post Posted: Mar 27 2012, 08:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 27 2012, 07:46 PM

Jackie Stewart and Ken Tyrrell ?

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

flower
post Posted: Mar 27 2012, 07:46 PM
  Quote Post

Who am I? or more accurately who are they? Both famous, one much more so than the other.

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Jun 25 2010, 05:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Jun 24 2010, 09:00 PM

Tutu Indeed.

I'll have you know I dont have a clutch, I'm all electic--sorry diesel electric---I could be driven topless--just as long as the windows are heavily tinted---sunburn don't you know--bird needs her wraparound smock though--machine's seat gets a bit sweaty after a 4 hour shift! BTW: Newer models have bench seats. Now theres a thought--could bring her mate along.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jun 24 2010, 09:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 23 2010, 01:21 PM

Is that a tutu you're wearing in front of that big haulpac?
Since they've let girls drive these beasts - they're more careful, easier on the clutch, and won't do wheelies or burnouts - smocks may not be such an impossible sight in the industry anymore.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: May 23 2010, 01:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ May 23 2010, 12:14 PM

Sir Stirling Moss--correct.

Saw him crash with near fatal results at Goodwood racetrack in Sussex 48 years ago.

--------------------

wren
post Posted: May 23 2010, 12:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 23 2010, 11:13 AM

Stirling Moss ?

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING