Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Breaking News, What's causing the move today.
arty
post Posted: Dec 15 2014, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

BREAKING NEWS: Hostages pressed against window in Sydney cafe
Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/2014/12/1...ZHL5ozBSc41t.99

Should've kept our soldiers in Sydney, rather than spending all those $Billions to fly them to Syria. Much shorter distances.
Could even use Public Transport into Martin Place.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

wren
post Posted: Dec 10 2014, 01:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Dec 10 2014, 01:33 PM

Who writes your stuff flower?
Nice to see you giving the old 30 minute chart a run when it supports your statement.Your own chart shows a change from 6.15 to 6.20. That certainly is chaotic!

flower
post Posted: Dec 10 2014, 01:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Dec 10 2014, 01:30 PM

And which particular markets were more chaotic than usual?

Precious Metals for one---plus this:
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

wren
post Posted: Dec 10 2014, 01:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Dec 10 2014, 01:08 PM

"cause of the overnight chaotic markets."
Really.And which particular markets were more chaotic than usual?

flower
post Posted: Dec 10 2014, 01:08 PM
  Quote Post

Apparently overnight China suddenly and without any warning fixed the yuan higher against the USD, this may have been the major cause of the overnight chaotic markets.

Clip from Bloomberg today
--------------------------------------------------------------

Bond Rules
The yuan fell 0.14 percent to 6.1944 per dollar as of 10:05 a.m. in Shanghai, according to China Foreign Exchange Trade System prices. It's lost 0.71 percent in three days, the steepest slide since March.

The cost of one-year swaps, the fixed payment to receive the floating seven-day repurchase rate, rose three basis points to 3.37 percent, after climbing as much as seven basis points prior to the inflation report, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

China's clearing agency for exchanges said Dec. 8 that it won't allow bonds rated below AAA or sold by issuers graded lower than AA to be used as collateral for short-term loans obtained through repurchase agreements. The new rules sparked a retreat in lower-rated bonds of local government financing vehicles and contributed to the tumble in Shanghai shares as noteholders reassessed the appeal of owning such debt.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-09/y...-week-high.html
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Sep 30 2014, 03:49 PM
  Quote Post

US end of quarter balancing act going on apace recently--what happens if the whole US market really goes base over apex as the next quarter kicks in?

What sections/areas might be the winners?

Not everything goes down in tandem, there will be winners as well as losers.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

flower
post Posted: Sep 4 2014, 11:50 PM
  Quote Post

ECB makes unexpected stimulatory moves:
----------------------------------------------

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-04/d...r-rate-cut.html

The European Central Bank cut interest rates and will start buying assets, easing the flow of funding for the region’s economy while holding back for now on larger-scale action.

The ECB “will purchase a broad portfolio of simple and transparent securities,” President Mario Draghi said at a press conference in Frankfurt today. While the measures announced today will have a “sizable” impact on the balance sheet, “some of our council were in favor of doing more than presented,” he said. The euro dropped below $1.30 for the first time since July 2013.

In committing cash to the market for asset-backed securities, Draghi is making good on his pledge to help rekindle an asset class that can funnel loans to the real economy and ease funding conditions for banks. While the size of the plan wasn’t given, it probably doesn’t represent the kind of quantitative easing that could directly fend off the threat of deflation.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Jun 4 2014, 09:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 4 2014, 08:10 PM

A fitting tribute?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m-SDWQukGA

RIP Doc Neeson.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: Jun 4 2014, 08:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jun 4 2014, 01:23 PM

I've never seen a better live act than The Angels in full flight

Bombay Rock - late 70's

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

hungry
post Posted: Jun 4 2014, 06:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jun 4 2014, 01:23 PM

Sad day indeed. I watched a doco on his illness a few weeks back and it seemed inevitable.

I too, saw them live, supporting David Bowie at Lang Park in Bris in the late 70's.

Both of them awesome.

RIP Doc

12 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING