Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

Silver, Pure silver plays on the ASX
flower
post Posted: Jan 6 2014, 05:52 PM
  Quote Post

If the POS is truly recovering, CCU is way ahead of the silver price in USD, therefore may have plenty of upside potential, chart enclosed.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  CCU.gif ( 29.84K ) Number of downloads: 16

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Jan 29 2012, 11:07 AM
  Quote Post

Silver at USD44 makes silver stocks worth close investigation again IMO, plenty of upside potential.

chart 1--shows silver's high in 1980 of USD49.45 being worth in adjusted inflation terms as being worth USD130 today, makes you think--given todays spot market is only 25% off the all time high, and 2012 is hardly 1980.

chart 2--shows current spot silver situation in USD with upside potentials notice it has popped over it's 200EMA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver's high in 1980 of $49.45 per ounce adjusted for the CPI index equals $130 per ounce in today's dollars:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  SILVER.gif ( 12.42K ) Number of downloads: 19

--------------------

flower
post Posted: May 10 2011, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

Another silver play on the ASX (with some associated assets) is CJO having recently completed the purchase of the Namiquipa Silver Project in Mexico, following Q1 report ground work is now commencing--see ASX reports.

CJO making moves today--chart enclosed.
Initial target 38c.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  CJO.gif ( 9.85K ) Number of downloads: 23

--------------------

flower
post Posted: May 5 2011, 01:58 PM
  Quote Post

Tread VERY CAREFULLY---the big boys are playing fast and loose with Silver---please note there are TWO further margin increases happening--the 4th tonight, and the 5th next Monday--read the CME link provided. Presumably the next step will be to BUY silver say in 7 days time?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silver dropped another $2.27 again on Wednesday May 4th 2011. Starting the day over $40 reaching as high as $41.90, then swinging back down to a low of $38.94 to settle at $39.45.

Billionaires and hedge funds took part in todays drop as George Soros and others were sellers of gold and silver today.

Fund managers have said that Soros could, in theory, sell gold and silver to take profits and then build positions back up within days, or even hours.

If sharks were in the water yesterday, the great white showed up today in Soros. Now it seems as the killer whale has been invited by the CME as they have announced a 4th and 5th margin increase for silver to go in to effect on the close of business Thursday, May 5th 2011, and Monday May 9th, 2011

See the official advisory notice here;

4th And 5th Margin Increase For Silver By The CME

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Sep 29 2008, 04:07 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: NightStalker on Monday 29/09/08 01:55pm

thanks for the warning NS
Queensland is a fair way from where I live. The Macs only popped up on my search for a pure Aussie silver play. Apart from CXC, it seems to be the only one.
But as I said, the chart is still looking awful...

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

NightStalker
post Posted: Sep 29 2008, 03:55 PM
  Quote Post

Arty - MMN has a major problem: the "management". This is the same lot (father and son) who wanted to mine the Kokoda Track with Frontier Resources (FNT)- what a great little PR exercise THAT was...NOT!

MMN has been used as a fund-raiser for the McNeils for years, with endless cap raisings, share dilutions, and umpteen promises of silver. Still no silver, except for a bit of silver powder from Twin Hills, and a very limited mine life. Nowhere near enough silver there to cover the amount of shares on issue. And funnily enough, the directors keep getting shares and options.....

If I remember correctly, the last options expired so far out of the money that virtually none were exercised, and people who bought options made a nice big tax loss.

They are a hopeless mob - geologists maybe, but miners? Never.

I stress that this is not sour grapes, as I did well out of MMN - bought in the single figures, and sold at about 25.5 cents. In retrospect, it was a wise move to get out. There is no way, even as a fervent silver believer, that I'd be buying back into MMN.

Just my 'umble opinion.

--------------------
Regards, NightStalker

Algorithmic trading, and HFT are rendering Technical Analysis null and void.

Barefoot
post Posted: Sep 29 2008, 02:01 PM
  Quote Post

I've been with MMN since 96. I'd put my money on the Lotto ticket.

macduffy
post Posted: Sep 29 2008, 01:55 PM
  Quote Post

I hold CXC but have found them, and silver, to be an exasperating investment! All the signs point to an expected price increase but so far just that, signs! I'm starting to believe the stories about how the PoS is manipulated so I'll be waiting for a firm uptrend in the CXC SP before I add to my holding.

unsure.gif

arty
post Posted: Sep 29 2008, 01:52 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: jbmurc on Monday 29/09/08 11:35am

another pure "silverado" is MMN.
Yes, the chart looks awful: problems with the ramp-up of a new technology, if I read it correctly. On the bright-side, the Weekly chart gives me a couple of signals that suggest the bottom might be near: a few thousand shares tucked into the bottom drawer won't cost the Earth and may beat an ordinary Lotto ticket wink.gif
Attached File(s)
Attached File  MMN_w_29_09_08.gif ( 17.45K ) Number of downloads: 2

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

jbmurc
post Posted: Sep 29 2008, 01:35 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (arty @ Monday 29/09/08 12:12pm)

there's less silver than gold above gound atm so on fundamentals CXC is a strong buy if you want a pure silver play if not buy silver bullion ethier way silver's cheap atm
p.s if your going buy bullion be prepared to wait as everyday more investors are waking up to the sad facts of fiat currencies worldwide

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING