Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

55 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

STO, SANTOS LIMITED
frodo
post Posted: Jun 29 2015, 11:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ May 11 2015, 12:34 PM

Must wear a sticker on my forehead telling me never to leave a standing order in which you believe will never get there because my luck it does wacko.gif

frodo
post Posted: May 11 2015, 12:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ May 8 2015, 05:20 PM

STO seems to be picking up today I think the budget around the corner when we get that over with stocks should be better all around they predicting a good US market this week. Fingers X on this guessing game because thats all it is at present.

frodo
post Posted: May 8 2015, 05:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ May 8 2015, 03:50 PM

Balance thanks for your input I held my nerve because I probably lost my brain along the way just hope some good news over the weekend.

triage
post Posted: May 8 2015, 04:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ May 8 2015, 03:50 PM

FWIW I see Jim Chanos has said he is shorting the liquid natural gas sector, and I guess Santos could well be one of those stocks he is targetting (?). He is probably big enough and ugly enough to send shivers through the market (????).

Some time back Mr Chanos indicated that he thought China was getting the collywobbles and that he was using FMG as a proxy to short China. My guess is that he would have done well from that play - especially as stocks on the Chinese bourses have gone exponential in the interim and he would have been slaughtered if he had shorted any of those stocks - but you're only as good as your next deal so he might be wrong here.

(hat tip macrobusiness blogsite)

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

"The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent." Stanley Kubrick

balance
post Posted: May 8 2015, 03:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ May 8 2015, 03:31 PM

Gladstone is the future for STO from what I read. I think long term, they are worth a bit more than today's price.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

frodo
post Posted: May 8 2015, 03:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Feb 20 2015, 11:38 AM

Its obscene what happened to STO today like the oill goes down less than $2 and everyone panics because of Iran and how they going to produce 1 billion barrels if they allowed after July summit with premilary approval but thats at least 3 years away. On the plus side STO is now concentrating on LNG which is a good play and I think first shipment out July fromGladstone
so lots of panice for pretty much nothing.

If I sold now I would lose profit because I bought at 8.79 ouch but thankfully I do have some much lower so it basically means no profit and even.

I wonder if I should wait until next week you would think the AUD would have some impact on the SP and help it. Pised off is mild way oif putting it I was on a good profit up until today.

Anybody got any views on where its going today or do he oil futures look better ?

balance
post Posted: Feb 20 2015, 11:38 AM
  Quote Post

So the big write down is an actuality and the dividend at 15c. Underlying number are "OK".

Back below 8 dollars for a bit. Probably the worst is behind STO. Has been for a month now but have been hesitant about buying it up.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Barra
post Posted: Jan 19 2015, 10:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Barra's post @ Jan 17 2015, 07:28 AM

So much for the big bounce. Still looks like we might have something of a double bottom on the chart.

China urban investment and retail sales for December out tomorrow could have a baring on oil prices and then we will hear what the ECB is planning. Can't help feeling the ECB is going to announce a big package since the Swiss removed their franc peg.

Barra
post Posted: Jan 17 2015, 07:28 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 10 2015, 02:09 PM

Here comes the bounce ahead of ecb easing. Nth American oilers up solidly on poo rebound.
Should think sto will jump back into 8's on Monday.

nipper
post Posted: Jan 10 2015, 02:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Barra's post @ Jan 10 2015, 07:35 AM

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/09/investing/...s_international

Oil bulls are a lonely bunch these days.

Why is Lafakis so optimistic? He says investors are ignoring the simple rules of Economics 101.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

55 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING