Registered Members Login:
Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

58 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    
Reply to this topic

early birds
post Posted: Sep 9 2016, 09:35 AM
  Quote Post

Macquarie reckons ""Due to the size of this raising, we are cautious of how the market would react only 18 to 24 months after Santos raised $3 billion'
an easy way would be to raise more capital by selling its 13.5% stake in PNG LNG Ltd where Exxon mobil and Oil Search would have prior rights and be interested buyers.

Macquarie said a PNG LNG sale could raise $US2.7 billion.

"Though it would remove much of the company's future FCF [free cash flow], we believe the sale of one of STO's key assets, PNG LNG, could solve the balance sheet issues facing the company," the analysts said.

Santos let that note go through to the keeper.

oil price rallied big time last night, so where this could go this session?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  
post Posted: Jan 18 2016, 07:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: right edge's post @ Jan 18 2016, 07:29 PM

Looking to buy in around $2-$2.20 mark. Think oil will hit around 25mark before it bottoms

Said 'Thanks' for this post: db76  
right edge
post Posted: Jan 18 2016, 07:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 4 2015, 09:04 AM

WOW $2.64 so soon.
Dipped my toes in today.
Looking for a reflex bounce.
Majority of oil down thrust is over.

post Posted: Dec 4 2015, 09:04 AM
  Quote Post

Santos Limited (STO) completed the retail shortfall book build for the retail component of its entitlement offer at a clearing price of $4.10/share.

Therefore, eligible shareholders who elected not to take up their retail entitlements and ineligible retail shareholders will receive $0.25 in cash for each retail entitlement sold in the Shortfall Book build, less any applicable withholding tax

"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne
post Posted: Oct 22 2015, 10:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: apache123's post @ Oct 22 2015, 07:24 PM

The quarterly report tomorrow will offer some clue what will gonna happen.... I also agree now it is a good time for a CP to reduce the debt .

post Posted: Oct 22 2015, 09:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 22 2015, 07:34 PM

So EB did you buy some bond shares LOL..

early birds
post Posted: Oct 22 2015, 07:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Oct 22 2015, 03:57 PM

This has (somewhat sadly) been keeping us busy all day: here are the five reasons why today's surprise takeover offer for Santos is like a Bond movie:
1. A mysterious group emerges to bid for the vulnerable gas company, backed by Middle Eastern royalty (classic Bond villains!)…
2. .. going by the name of Scepter, you don't have to be some kind of word genius to see that the organisation's title is just one permutation away from (drumroll)… Spectre, AKA the name of the criminal group in the new Bond film…
3. … the chairman of Scepter is "Bond, John Bond"…
4. … then – and here it get really spooky – to complete the picture, the last person to bid for Santos 40 years ago was also a Bond – Alan Bond!
5. … and then, as the dramatic music builds, a shadowy figure from Santos's past emerges... is that? … no, it can't be!.. But I thought you died in that volcano!… yes, it's former boss John Ellice-Flint! The Big Bond Reveal!

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/markets-liv...l#ixzz3pHtZ48G4
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

nice job to take the profit. and now offer you something to have good laugh!! lmaosmiley.gif
if you see something like this trade again , give us a buzz pleeeeaaaaase!! tongue.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  batikit  abner29  
post Posted: Oct 22 2015, 07:24 PM
  Quote Post

hmmm.... a steep share price rise is sometimes followed by a cap raising cool.gif

Buyer beware: Do your own research before investing....
post Posted: Oct 22 2015, 06:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: batikit's post @ Oct 22 2015, 03:57 PM

No one ever went broke taking profits.
Even if it was fluke, a profit is a profit.
Well Done!

sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: batikit  
post Posted: Oct 22 2015, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

18% profit for just one day of trade for me its too difficult to resist the temptation . Took profit @6.40
Quarterly release tomorrow rolleyes.gif who knows if they do CR or any bad news. Not my business anymore anyway

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

58 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.