Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

113 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ARU, ARAFURA RESOURCES LIMITED

mcart117
post Posted: May 23 2014, 11:51 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 20 2014, 04:26 PM

Hi Mick, I think you could be right.

About 12 months ago I posted on a company called MTB. Somebody had put up a question. The point of the story is they had a decent resource but absolutely no cash, and I felt really sorry for anyone still holding.

Sad thing is ARU is heading in the same direction. A decent resource, years and millions invested in research on how to develop it, but not enough cash and apparently very little interest from anyone not actually on the payroll.

In a couple of years the kitty at ARU might have run dry, the buy side might have dried up and sellers might be queueing to offload at $0.001. Sadly, I am still holding - another example of my falling victim of the RE hype 3 years ago.

I think I said on GGG that until LYC either goes broke or turns a profit undeceloped RE resources with be something of a financial quagmire. I just wish I wasn't such a blithering idiot, climbing on a bandwagon, just as sensible people were getting off it!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Dave Wane  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 20 2014, 04:26 PM
  Quote Post

Not sure if this co is going to survive. Took my substantial losses and sold out.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mcart117  

mcart117
post Posted: May 23 2013, 08:11 PM
  Quote Post

I'm posting this largely for my own benefit because many resource tables use chemical symbols and the Lynas pricing table uses full names. Being a tad slow, I need hand holding to link the two. It is the front page of a recent Arafura presentation.

arty
post Posted: Apr 23 2013, 12:11 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mcart117's post @ Apr 22 2013, 07:04 PM

Interesting comparison, McArt.
Especially when you look at EV/t

In January, ARU looked promising because, on the weekly chart, it wanted to form a round bottom:

Attached Image

That has since broken down, and although a pre-alert is now showing on the Daily, I want to wait till the 3-month downtrend is overcome (assuming it will be.)

Attached Image

But at least it's good to know that the fundamentals seem to stack up as well. No sovereign risk here - yet.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mcart117
post Posted: Apr 22 2013, 07:04 PM
  Quote Post

This slide was released in a presentation today. I like it because it shows info on all 4 ASX quoted rare earth cos (of interest to me) side by side with others around the world in an easy to read format.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

mcart117
post Posted: Feb 16 2013, 12:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Dec 11 2012, 10:17 AM

Hello Arty, glad to see you posting on this one. There have been a couple of encouraging releases recently:

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130124/pdf/42cld200mybk7r.pdf

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20130131/pdf/42cqqkj0s34hbf.pdf

Yet the market seems underwhelmed.

Are you still watching it at all?

113 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING