Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLR, SILVER LAKE RESOURCES LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Dec 3 2013, 01:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bam_bamm's post @ Nov 22 2013, 01:14 PM

A boost in the gold price should see SLR play catch up.

Unfortunately for gold bulls, that doesn't seem to happen - at least not short-term...

Attached Image

... that view is also evidenced by gold stocks, such as SLR, falling through all support levels.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

flower
post Posted: Dec 3 2013, 12:45 PM
  Quote Post

SLR looks tempting at 57c. Hasnt quite rebounded like NST and other goldies

IMO SLR has a problem in that at Mt Monger its all in sustaining production costs are $A1030 and at their Murchison operation the same costs are $A1432, making an average of $A1231.

Today's sale price of gold in AUD is 1342.

Today's gross margin of $A111 to put it bluntly spells trouble with a capital T --again IMO.

Whereas NST has no debt, $50m in cash, and has all in production costs of $A996---gross margin of $A346 per ounce, and it still got slaughtered today.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

flower
post Posted: Dec 3 2013, 12:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Dec 3 2013, 12:15 PM

oooooo

--------------------

flower
post Posted: Dec 3 2013, 12:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wren's post @ Dec 3 2013, 12:15 PM

ooooo

--------------------

wren
post Posted: Dec 3 2013, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

Is SLR any more tempting at 41 cents? Down 10% today.
Maybe some of these moribund Goldies will turn around,but the TA betting is that many will go away and quietly die. (as has happened many,many times in the past)

bam_bamm
post Posted: Nov 22 2013, 01:14 PM
  Quote Post

SLR looks tempting at 57c. Hasnt quite rebounded like NST and other goldies. NCM is a different animal (which looks close to being put down at the moment puke.gif )

A boost in the gold price should see SLR play catch up.

--------------------

macduffy
post Posted: Oct 4 2013, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

The last day today to subscribe to SLR's SPP at 85cps.

With the SP sitting at 75c it's hardly likely that anyone will be taking a punt through the issue.

unsure.gif

arty
post Posted: Sep 19 2013, 02:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 10 2013, 03:53 PM

glad I didn't wait for Macquarie rolleyes.gif
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Sep 10 2013, 03:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 3 2013, 10:07 PM

set an alert at 77c

Looks like getting close. Maybe Macquarie's 70c are not so "strange" after all?:

Attached Image

If the rot doesn't stop here, the rising trendline on the price chart will be broken, which also terminates the MACD Bullish Divergence. Given gold in USD is slumping again while the AUD gets bought up, I'll stay away from pure goldies for a while longer.

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Sep 3 2013, 10:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 3 2013, 06:31 PM

Macquarie do their sums on quite realistic assumptions. They can't afford any starry-eyed optimism when they provide guidance to their investors. On that road, I remember also an article in last week's West Australian, which may be worth perusing:

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/business/...apital-raising/

The asset writedowns are probably playing a part in Macka's revaluation. OK, so the net debt is reduced, but at what cost? Investors may not charge interest, nor will their equity injection subtract from the net assets, but the ensuing dilution will hring the sp down to or even below the spp levels. And that's what Mackas conservatively suggest.

Attached Image

I might set an alert at 77c and see what happens...

--------------------

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING