Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

29 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SLR, SILVER LAKE RESOURCES LIMITED
denpal
post Posted: Jul 11 2016, 03:17 PM
  Quote Post

Today we are at 70c, up 6% with a lot of buyers. Lots of other goldies up 5-6% today.

denpal
post Posted: Jul 1 2016, 04:52 PM
  Quote Post

Updated chart, we're now back up at 55c after a low of 41.5c or so at the end of May. I missed that opportunity hoping it would go lower still, but bought back in at 49c, basically getting 12.2% more shares for the same capital.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

denpal
post Posted: May 27 2016, 06:58 PM
  Quote Post

Tracking as expected, surely it will get down to around 40c at this rate, which is the 61.8% Fib of the 32>55.5c rise. Hopefully there will be a panic of some sort triggered by goodness knows what to create the spike low buying opportunity. Of course this may not happen in so dramatic a fashion.

There's a bit to watch, PM sector indices like GDX, HUI and SIL, ETF's like NUGT and DUST, the COT report, the Gold price and the AUD to assess where the low is for this retracement going into the June seasonal low. All these can be monitored on Bigcharts or Stockcharts by the way for free which is what I do, in the event you aren't on a trading platform.

denpal
post Posted: May 20 2016, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like we are heading for a decent correction in the PM sector even though it may not last long, ie 4-6 weeks. Hopefully I can buy in again in the low 40's.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

denpal
post Posted: May 16 2016, 07:55 PM
  Quote Post

Huge today today, have now sold out at 55c and will keep an eye on what happens. Could go either way depending on the gold price and USD/AUD. It certainly looks stretched above the 200dema. At this stage I'm more interested in capital preservation than some further gains.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

denpal
post Posted: May 13 2016, 06:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ May 13 2016, 05:40 PM

I agree, IGR was a great company in its own right. Murchison was a disaster for SLR, the worst timing possible to be commissioning a high-cost low-grade mine.

I wonder though, would someone like a cashed-up NST swoop on it.

triage
post Posted: May 13 2016, 05:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: denpal's post @ May 13 2016, 04:28 PM

denpal

My impression is that about the only reason Silver Lake got through the bad times was the assets it picked up when it took over Integra. I always thought it a real shame that the Integra team were so conservative as they had a crackerjack operation, whereas the old SLR bosses had large gonads but not the assets (or am I distorting history there?).

Wonder what Chris Cairns is up to. Last time I heard he was back kicking rocks, this time in western Victoria, but I'm not sure he survived the gold crash.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

denpal
post Posted: May 13 2016, 04:28 PM
  Quote Post

What a week!! Hard to credit the re-rate that has occurred here in such a short time. I hold these.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: jeeves  

denpal
post Posted: May 6 2016, 03:37 PM
  Quote Post

Still being re-rated, it's doing well. Up 150% this year compared to up 56% for the ASX Gold sector XGD.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

denpal
post Posted: Feb 20 2016, 10:03 AM
  Quote Post

Clearly in the process of being re-rated due to rising margins. The share price has about doubled in the last two months, whereas the ASX All Ords Gold sector XGD has increased 33%.

Volume has been rising steadily for the last month now.

POG in AUD is very healthy now at over $A1700/oz with big margins given AISC of $A1,250/oz. That is a 36% margin or $A450/oz.

I hold these.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

29 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING