Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

CLQ, CLEAN TEQ HOLDINGS LIMITED
bg99
post Posted: Dec 29 2017, 04:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Dec 27 2017, 07:36 AM

A good question Triage and one that highlights how much work is yet to be done and where prices of the metals used in renewables is going.
Coal, nuclear or diesel is not an option for environmental sustainability. Gas is better as long as they dont screw the groundwater up with fracking.
The way I see it from a meteorological perspective, hydro should be the main player in the tropics and deep mid=latitudes.
In the sub-tropics and lower mid-latitudes solar and wind. Batteries for all power storage and grid stabilisation, but working in isolation too eg out at the mines and other remote locations

BHP and OZL etc talked about it when the SA power got knocked out by a tornado taking out the main powerline. They said they cant do business in the state without an affordable, reliable power supply. BHP can afford to make their own... don't know why they haven't started ? But thats why the SA govt started doing something to be less dependent on east coast power Everyone will need to follow suit because reliance on one powerline is to be very vulnerable. We should be generating power all over the place.... bit like the blockchain theory. It can be sorted out, it just needs 21st century thinking, when there has been more of 19th or 20th. These companies that produce the metals will have to be powered up, otherwise it all goes nowhere and we will all be in the dark.

As for this area a lot of interest is going on there. As well as CLQ, there is AUZ, CLL and now HLX are making some claims.

triage
post Posted: Dec 27 2017, 07:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 14 2017, 12:03 PM

Yesterday for a lark (after the harking) I spent a few hours kicking the tyres of Clean Teq. It certainly is a weird one, not least because of how its board is set up. Yeah I get that it is all about colbalt and nickel and it is effectively being driven by Mr Friedland. If you've invested in it then I wish you every success. For me though it is too closely bound up with China Inc: a Chinese real estate developer holds about 16% of the stock and has a proxy on the board, a major Chinese industry player appears likely to acquire a 25% interest in the project (and already has a rep on the board), and a Chinese bank has been added to the group of bankers providing finance for the project (to the tune of US$125m). That to me reads as the Chinese having taken control of the project.

One query I have is how much electricity will be needed to drive the processing facility. NSW has chosen to forego cheap gas powered electricity and I guess they will reap what they have sown. Clean Teq's blurb is that their project should be in the lowest quartile for costs but given how electricity prices have shot up in NSW in recent months I wonder if that claim still holds. Of course with colbalt and nickel being boom elements lots of sins and weaknesses will be covered over so it will probably not be a factor in greenlighting the project. Its just a question I have.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 14 2017, 12:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 14 2017, 10:16 AM

Citadel-MAGNUS carried out some analysis on dual listing a while back - http://citadelmagnus.com/going-global-the-...-dual-listings/

extract
Does a bias exist towards a particular listing?

Companies often state the main reasons for pursuing a dual listing are to enable access to ‘fresh pools’ of capital and to increase liquidity in publicly traded stock, which is generated from having greater access to investors from different global markets. Although in theory this makes sense, Citadel-MAGNUS analysis shows that for the dual listed companies assessed, on average there is a clear bias demonstrated with respect to volumes traded on one particular exchange.

For the dual ASX-TSX listed companies identified, the average liquidity breakdown for the 12 months to 31 May 2014 highlighted a 64% bias towards stock traded on the ASX compared to only 36% on the TSX
Attached Image

For ASX-AIM listed entities a clear bias exists towards the AIM, with an average of 71% of a company’s stock traded on AIM compared to only 29% on the ASX, for the 12 months to 31 May 2014.
Attached Image

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=clq
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Dec 14 2017, 10:16 AM
  Quote Post

CleanTeq to start trading on Toronto's TSX; wondering if this will be the beginning of the end for local listing. Definitely the local SP is listless, of late.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 2 2017, 01:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 1 2017, 10:37 AM

Odd thing to do - have a AGM and then shareholders find out they are missing 5 board members - including BOTH co-chairs and one who did attend, Harley, resigns after the event

They do things differently at nickel and cobalt company Clean TeQ.

For example, the company has two chairmen, Canadian-born mining entrepreneur Robert Friedland (who has a 16.3 per cent stake in the company) and Chinese property billionaire Jiang Zhaobai (who has a 16 per cent stake).

And, for a second example of Clean TeQ’s idiosyncrasy, neither of the company’s co-chairmen turned up for its annual general meeting in Melbourne yesterday.

Indeed, only four members of the nine-person board did. It’s a wonder the event passed quorum.

Friedland’s non-attendance occurred because — apparently at some point after the September 28 notice of meeting — he decided he would instead attend London Metal Exchange week. His CEO Sam Riggall was also along on the London jaunt, meeting investors excited by the sector, which is booming thanks to battery and electric car demand.

And what of Zhaobai? The Shanghai Pengxin Group chairman — who has a fortune valued at $1.83 billion and was up for election to the board — had other business to attend to in President Xi Jinping’s Republic.

As did Li Binghan, who despite being up for election sent his apologies, as did fellow international Clean TeQ director Eric Finlayson.

So who did turn up?

Well, there was Stefanie Loader (up for election), Michael Spreadborough (also up for election), and Roger Harley, formerly of Deutsche Bank and who was acting chair for the meeting in the absence of the co-chairs. But despite Harley’s good work in the hot seat, by the late afternoon he had resigned from the board.

Not that shareholders seemed too concerned. The stock closed up 6 per cent, valuing it at $972m. Seems things are going well over in London.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/m...5d132a66b6a9f76

Clean TeQ appoints three leading financial institutions to arrange debt financing for the development
of the Clean TeQ Sunrise Project

Mr Robert Friedland and Mr Jiang Zhaobai, Co-Chairmen of Clean TeQ Holdings Limited
(Clean TeQ or Company) (CLQ:ASX; CTEQF:OTCQX), and Mr Sam Riggall, Chief
Executive Officer, today announced that the Company has appointed three leading
mining project finance institutions — Societe Generale, National Australia Bank and
Natixis — as initial Mandated Lead Arrangers (MLAs) to arrange a debt financing facility
for the development of the Company’s Clean TeQ Sunrise Nickel, Cobalt and Scandium
Project (Project) in New South Wales, Australia.

The three initial MLAs have been engaged to arrange and syndicate a finance facility
targeting debt funding of 50-60% of the total development cost of the Project, including
working capital and other credit facilities. The banks will make best efforts to provide a
total of US$375 million of the total credit facilities required for the development of the
project, with the balance to be raised through additional MLA bank(s) or via a syndication
process anticipated to take place following completion of the Definitive Feasibility Study.
The financing will be contingent upon completion of a successful due diligence process,
agreement of terms and conditions, credit approval and syndication.

Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

myshares
post Posted: Nov 1 2017, 03:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 1 2017, 02:16 PM

Thanks

If you are on your L plates... I am still learning to ride a bike !

A TA thread for basic questions would be really useful...

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 1 2017, 02:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: myshares's post @ Nov 1 2017, 01:47 PM

Hi myshares - I'd be the wrong one to ask about TA assistance - I'm still on my "L" plates - but if there are TA experts out there in Sharescene world, a separate thread would be good .

--------------------

myshares
post Posted: Nov 1 2017, 01:47 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 1 2017, 10:37 AM

Blacksheep

A bit off topic but watching your posts of the TA...

I notice you dont post RSI anymore but I seem to recall you did before... ? why

Just learning TA so I can understand what the thoughts of others..

Maybe start a TA thread for these sort of Qs and As

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 1 2017, 10:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 1 2017, 10:08 AM

It's getting a lot of coverage - media and broker recommendations. Canaccord recently gave it a BUY with a $2.00 target. AUZ has been running on the back of CLQ. Are they all running ahead of themselves? CLQ is fast approaching a MC of $1 billion. Not attracting too many shorters currently

http://www.smallcapnetwork.com/Clean-TeQ-M.../p/mid/2/id/34/
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=clq
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 1 2017, 10:08 AM
  Quote Post

CLQ showing a clean set of heels.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING