Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

Reply to this topic

GEN, GENESIS RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED
ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Company:
GENESIS RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION LIMITED

Code:
GEN

Website
http://www.genesis.co.nz/

Lizard
post Posted: Oct 6 2008, 10:04 AM
  Quote Post

Hi Dragonz and welcome!

GEN is pretty speculative, but I guess you know that. Biotech research is a very slow and capital intensive process which NZ has trouble supporting. GEN's main function often seems to be to sell off good-great

plastic
post Posted: Oct 6 2008, 09:25 AM
  Quote Post

The sharescene.com.au site provides for a more lively discussion of this stock. There are more people there and this is a dual listed stock after all so there must be some Australian investor interest.

But briefly, if you look at a ten year cha

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

dragonz
post Posted: Oct 6 2008, 06:18 AM
  Quote Post

Hi Liz and Plastic

Here is my very first post so hopefully it doent sound like a ramp.

I added GEN to my spec portfolio on Tuesday while bargain hunting on the DOW's drop. Also had a order in for PEB but no bites.

I se

Lizard
post Posted: Aug 21 2008, 07:28 PM
  Quote Post

From the Half Year report today:

The novel gene silencing technology project which commenced early in 2008 has achieved all its early milestones and is making go

plastic
post Posted: Jul 9 2008, 08:52 AM
  Quote Post

I'm surprised you haven't posted on this thread yet, Plastic? Possibly because it duplicates the SS.com?

Yep. Thats exactly right.

Thanks for the link. I reckon there is an awful lot more going on than what we are being told.

Firstly, the cost of the Biojoule ethanol is actually a loss maker. It is the by-products that provide the value and profit. Secondly, the financial backers of them is a big secret. Nobody wants to say who it is. The question was asked at the AGM to the Chairman and he looked down at his papers and fudged it by saying something about Biojoule being a private company so can't say.

My guess is its Branson money amongst others.

The other thing that people are missing are the moves Brierley is making. He is in to sugar big time now and has recently popped up on the CSR registry. CSR have a very good ethanol project based on sugar and are one of the countrys power houses in that department.

Too much to say about it really but this is one to watch and a good portal to view it from is the price of Capstone on the NASDAQ. Ex-Fletcher Energy and is alternative energy. I expect BJL will end up in there.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

Lizard
post Posted: Jul 8 2008, 05:29 AM
  Quote Post

I'm surprised you haven't posted on this thread yet, Plastic? Possibly because it duplicates the SS.com?

Anyway, interesting to see that Pure Power are at least making noises and putting out timeframes for salix production:
Pure Power Launches Salix Cultivation in New Zealand

Look forward to hearing more on size and scope of ethanol production facility.

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING