Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

Reply to this topic

RBD, RESTAURANT BRANDS NEW ZEALAND LIMITED
theking
post Posted: Jul 8 2009, 05:58 PM
  Quote Post

RBD is the only BUY in the NZ market this type of company is unavailable in AU @ $NZ1.04 a SNAPE next stop is $NZ1.40,

See you at KFC.. king.gif

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Company:
RESTAURANT BRANDS NEW ZEALAND LIMITED

Code:
RBD

Website
http://www.restaurantbrands.co.nz/

Lizard
post Posted: Oct 10 2008, 05:05 AM
  Quote Post

Didn't get the 20% gain on RBD that my last post predicted - the most that ended up being available was a quick 10.8% from 82cps to 92cps before the plummet continued and now only 63cps.

Not a great half year in some respects, but the accounts are still solid with cash flow remaining steady. Dividend retained giving a total dividend of 6.5cps, franked to 30%. At 63cps, gross yield is therefore 14.7%.

At this point, the company looks to be in a sustainable position. Short term, they have the ability to slow capex to maintain cashflow, but I would be wary if investment was reduced below depreciation for more than 12-18 months.

Worth keeping on the watchlist for a possible TA entry.

Lizard
post Posted: Apr 10 2008, 07:53 AM
  Quote Post

This looks to me like a strong result for Restaurant Brands, particularly in the area of free cashflow - appears to be running ahead of reported NPAT. NPAT was slightly ahead of my expectations. Overall, the company now appears to be in a position to support it's continue capex requirements and continue to pay dividends at a reasonable level while continuing to reduced debt. Running into some headwinds as far as ingredient prices and minimum wages, but then so is the "competition" i.e. the cost of ingredients for home cooking and how people value their own time spent preparing meals.

Could be a tentative "buy" at this point for a short term re-rate in P/E - maybe 20% gain in a flat market? Given their polarised history of "good year, bad year" stuff and ongoing negativity regarding service, it doesn't yet have the feel of a "buy and hold".

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING