Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

Reply to this topic

PRC, PIKE RIVER COAL LIMITED
pacestick
post Posted: Apr 24 2011, 12:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM

sorry chapter winds to an end

http://www.pike.co.nz/

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Company:
PIKE RIVER COAL LIMITED

Code:
PRC

Website
http://www.pike.co.nz/

bermuda
post Posted: Jun 9 2008, 08:19 AM
  Quote Post

Hi Lizard,
Of course this coal is too hot to handle. It is the finest available and acts like a catalyst when added to other coals.

And with steel in huge demand and coking coal in short supply, my advice to you is to get back in and enjoy a huge ride.

Cant believe you sold out .

Dont really know about this site. Should be a subset of the aussie one or at the very least you shouldnt have to log in again.
Cheers

Lizard
post Posted: Jun 4 2008, 07:57 AM
  Quote Post

Well those ASX:ECU proved a popular pick over the past week! Out of them too for now - don't have the time to trade quite this fast though, so I'm going to sit on my profits and take a break... cool.gif

Good to see PRC lock in a good price for the coal. Lets hope things go smoothly through the fault etc.

Lizard
post Posted: May 27 2008, 01:03 PM
  Quote Post

Too hot to hold. I'm out today. Doesn't make sense for a move on this magnitude on single project risk with cashflow still to come. But then, I struggle to value this operation and no expert in this field.

I just can't help the comparison with ASX:ECU which is already operating at 100,000tpa of (high grade thermal and sub-bituminous) coal out of the South Island, has Aussie coal seam methane and NZ coking coal prospects and is continuing to ramp up production, yet is available at a market cap of $15m, I know which looks like the better choice to me. (Would be nice if ECU had a bit more liquidity though - just holding a small trade for now).

Apart from that, I have a feeling some more NZ cash will find some bargains in a few months time.

Lizard
post Posted: Apr 28 2008, 12:35 PM
  Quote Post

With the price going nuts, I have taken a good chunk of profits on this one! (Sold one third at $1.46).

In fact - due largely to the resource side stocks - I have had a record month for investment so far. That is nearly always one sure sign to start taking some back off the table!

Lizard
post Posted: Apr 9 2008, 08:14 AM
  Quote Post

Am well in the black on this one too, thanks to the strong price of coking coal. Here's hoping for a smooth cut through the Hawera fault and not too many teething troubles... in my experience, that is perhaps hoping for too much from any mining company though. Not usually a holder of mining development coys for this reason, but the choices on the NZX were looking a little limited back end of 2007.

Commander C
post Posted: Feb 11 2008, 06:58 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all

Is anyone following Pike River Coal who is familiar with mining (engineering)?
Am interested in working out whether this is a real development that will produce what PRC says it will (1 million tpa) at the cost/tonne that was stated!

Cheers

Commander

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING