Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

Reply to this topic

PPL, PUMPKIN PATCH LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Jun 30 2009, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

I can remember having quite a debate with a youngish professional mother of three about this company. I was pointing out the model they employed didn't seem to justify the explosive growth in price because we didn't know how the company was going to perform in the mid-term.

After getting shouted at and told I didn't know what I was talking about because I wasn't a mother or the shopper and buyer and carer for children or their image, I was reminded mothers will do anything for their children.

I replied, locally it may be a cult amongst yuppie mums, because it is certainly not a working class thing, but overseas which is where the future revenues will be derived from, we don't know how the middle class demand function or the competition will respond to a new entrant in their turf. Only the next three to five years will show us that.

Anyway, I lost the argument to maintain the peace, as you do, but the proof is in the share price and now it is in the newspapers and a commercial reality.

http://business.smh.com.au/business/pumpki...90630-d2vx.html

Pumpkin Patch closes stores to stem lossesJune 30, 2009 - 8:23AM Children's clothing retailer Pumpkin Patch will shut 20 of its 35 stores in the US in a bid to reduce losses.

The outlets being shut are generally new openings that have struggled to gain traction during the recession in the US, New Zealand-based Pumpkin Patch said in a statement today. Pumpkin Patch is New Zealand's second-largest publicly traded retailer.

Rents on the remaining stores, mostly on the US west coast, are being renegotiated, the retailer said.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 10:00 AM
  Quote Post

Company:
PUMPKIN PATCH LIMITED

Code:
PPL

Website
http://www.pumpkinpatch.biz/

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING