Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

Important Notice For All Members - ShareScene Is Moving

473 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
henrietta
post Posted: Dec 8 2018, 08:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Dec 8 2018, 01:48 PM

You're right T, today was pretty pathetic. I tried to get my ancient radio working but failed to get AM working, so watched a bit of Ch 7. Yesterday was better.

Must get the radio working again !!

We'll need a minor miracle, but where there's life ..........

Cheers
J

triage
post Posted: Dec 8 2018, 01:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Dec 6 2018, 06:55 AM

Decided to dip my toe in the water and watch a bit of Channel 7 cricket. Not the best day, what with all the rain delays. But did see Michael Slater conduct a live interview with someone in the crowd that caught a ball ... came back later to hear Michael Slater and the Chris Gale journo talking about how well one of the Indian players can dance and how it's just fun to watch him celebrating scoring a century. They could have gone with an interview of a cricketer who caught a ball and they could have talked about why that Indian player was so happy but hell why talk about cricket...

So yeah nah, it's pretty obvious that Channel 7 intends to My-Kitchen-Rules test cricket. Can't wait to see interviews of some sheila who had a crush on the GOAT in primary school and how one of the player's dad is suffering from high blood pressure which puts a terrible strain on his relationship with one of his work-mates.

(of all the Channel 9 commentators why would Channel 7 save Michael Slater? He was by some margin the lightest weight at Channel 9, oh wait ...).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 6 2018, 08:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Dec 6 2018, 05:34 PM

A very good day for the Aussies. The Indians seemed to be a bit wasteful and may rue their rather careless approach early on. Bowlers were pretty good all day, and early fielding was excellent.

I actually started watching and listening to the Ch 7 commentary, and found it not too bad ........ I didn't turn it off, and actually I thought the overall coverage was quite a bit better than I had anticipated.

Preferred it to the recent Ch 9 efforts.

Usman's catch was a ripper. Amazing what a difference being fit can make, plus a touch of luck with the ball sticking nicely. Cummin's run out was brilliant, and should lift the team for the night.

Really looking forward to tomorrow's play.

Cheers
J

triage
post Posted: Dec 6 2018, 05:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Dec 6 2018, 06:55 AM

What an excellent day of cricket, very competitive, lots of good performances. Great to see Hazlewood do damage early on.

Listened to a fair bit on ABC radio: great team of Jim Maxwell, Andrew Moore, Harsha Bhogle, Alison Mitchell, Ed Cowan, Jason Gillespie and Captain Grumpy. Recently I was talking to a bloke who lives in the same neighbourhood as Allan Border and apparently AB is a lovely chap in real life. Very sensible comments from him. I reckon Andrew Moore is the best NRL game caller going around and he has done a fine job today as a cricket caller.

... and to top it off, Pat Cummins throws down the wickets. Great stuff, really surprising.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 6 2018, 06:55 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Dec 5 2018, 09:05 PM

Seven confirmed Bruce McAvaney will form part of their cricket coverage, with the iconic sports broadcaster to host a lunch-break show during the Melbourne and Sydney Tests.

Oh Lord, it's enough to make one weep with anguish. It's quite amazing that TV is so bereft of fresh ideas.

C'mon Aussies !!

Cheers
J

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

triage
post Posted: Dec 5 2018, 09:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Dec 5 2018, 07:55 PM

"Ch 7 coverage ...... we await with bated breath !!"

I'm sure Bwuccy will make it speeeciaal (though hopefully he will not even be part of the commentary team). Gilly's good but Warne's a bore. I'll be sticking to the ABC radio call as much as possible.

--------------------

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 5 2018, 07:55 PM
  Quote Post

Captain Tim Paine has named Australia's XI for the first Domain Test of the summer, confirming Victoria opener Marcus Harris will make his Test debut and batter Peter Handscomb will play ahead of allrounder Mitch Marsh.

Has the Aussie captain named the eleven in the past ? I had thought that the chairman of selectors usually did the team announcement. Mitch Marsh out .... oh my gosh.

Aussies will do well to be competitive, but there's no excuses for our bowling and fielding performance, so the match will be very interesting.

Ch 7 coverage ...... we await with bated breath !!

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Dec 2 2018, 01:31 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 26 2018, 08:10 PM

Yes Mick, a pretty dismal effort getting 90 after the first three batsmen scored 81 !! The next 8 batsmen managed 5 runs between them !!

Good to see Matt Renshaw in the runs again, if only in grade cricket ....... poor old Wynnum/Manly .

Matt Renshaw, overlooked for an Australia Test place, has plundered a record 345 in grade cricket for his club Toombul in Queensland.

Renshaw's monumental knock, which came against Wynnum/Manly, took 273 balls and included 38 fours and 12 sixes. It eclipsed the record for Queensland Premier Cricket of 311 set by Wade Townsend, the former Queensland batsman, in 2009-10. He was involved in partnerships of 256 and 206 for the third and fourth wickets as Toombul amassed 4 for 550.

Cheers
J

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 26 2018, 08:10 PM
  Quote Post

Woa, seems that OZ is not the only Test Playing nation turning collapses into an art form.
The kiwis, after getting to 1 /61 lost their next 9 wickets for 29, with six ducks , finishing on 90 all out in less than 36 overs.
Yasir Shah has the rather jolly figures of 8 for 41.
With a lead of 330 odd, its not surprising that Pakistan have enforced the follow on.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 25 2018, 04:30 PM
  Quote Post

Congrats Aussie women on their fourth world T20 title. T20 Title
And they did it earning a tiny fraction of what the underperforming male counterparts manage to do.

Perhaps its time we just asked the womens team to play in place of the mens team.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: henrietta  

473 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING