Logo
Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome to ShareScene - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Australia's Sharemarket Community - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

BLA, BLUE SKY ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENTS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Apr 27 2016, 05:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 5 2016, 11:16 PM

BLA now has fee-earning assets under management in excess of $2 billion.... (up from $1.7b two months ago, and getting there a couple of months ahead of an earlier estimate)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 5 2016, 11:16 PM
  Quote Post

Online wine seller Vinomofo has received a record-breaking tech start-up funding round, securing a $25 million investment from Blue Sky Venture Capital to help it accelerate its growth plans.

Blue Sky is the sole investor in the funding round, which is the largest raised by a local tech start-up without the assistance of US or other overseas investors. It is also first time that co-founders Andre Eikmeier and Justin Dry have taken venture capital investment, and is the largest venture funding round committed by Blue Sky.

The new funding round will be used primarily to drive further growth plans in Australia, and to help lay the foundation for ambitious growth plans in six other countries. The company works by using the strength of its 400,000 wine-loving members as leverage in sourcing carefully selected wines direct from producers, which are then sold via its website. It told potential investors it would surpass $50 million in annual revenue this year, having grown 100 per cent year on year in the past 12 months, ahead of its first attempts to grow offshore.

While both Vinomofo and Blue Sky declined to say what percentage of the business $25 million bought, Blue Sky will be minority shareholders, with a seat on the board for its investment director, Nick Dignam. Vinomofo's co-founders remain the majority shareholding.

"We were really aware that it wasn't enough that they had the money or a good reputation: we really had to see a similar approach to their culture as a business, and we really saw that with Blue Sky," Mr Eikmeier said. "We definitely insisted on being able to maintain control of the business operationally, but we wanted to partner with people whose input and experience we would genuinely value. We had the luxury of not being under pressure to raise money, so we would only do it if it was the right fit."

Blue Sky investment director Elaine Stead said it had backed Vinomofo largely because of its faith in the vision and long term commitment of its co-founders. She said the fact that the [co-founders had] belief in the potential, and Blue Sky believed there was significant growth potential both locally and overseas.

Blue Sky is in the midst of raising a $200 million fund for it to back more local tech companies at the so-called growth stage, where they have proved their business model and are ready to scale up significantly.

Dr Stead said Blue Sky investors were told to expect a return from the Vinomofo within a three-to-five-year timeframe, and was confident the company would have numerous options for future expansion ahead of it.

It did not back Vinomofo from its existing funds, raising additional capital through its investor network to make the deal happen.

"It is a quality, profitable business with a lot of growth in the Australian market still to realise, as well as huge opportunities in international markets," Dr Stead said. "So I really think we will have a lot of options around this company. It could be an IPO, it could be an acquisition, so that is very exciting to our investor base."

Dr Stead said she and Mr Dignam could provide Vinomofo with advice in their plans for overseas expansion, particularly into the US and Asia. She also recognised that having a local backer would take some pressures off its international expansion, that other start-ups experienced from US backers keen on them cracking their home markets.

She said Blue Sky was seeing other opportunities for growth stage investments in Australian tech start-ups fairly regularly, with an average deal size of $18 million going through its due diligence assessments. She said that although there were positive signs that increased levels of capital were becoming available locally for such size deals, Blue Sky was keen to close its new fund in the second half of this year as there was still more demand than supply for worthy businesses.

"We are consistently seeing opportunities like Vinomofo, which are equally strong, with good track records, really good traction and are looking for that first stage of expansion capital," Dr Stead said. "There is nothing wrong at all with companies looking for capital offshore, but hopefully we are now seeing that we have larger funds in Australia with fund managers who have the right expertise for companies at this stage."..

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time."
- Dr John Hussman

“If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions.” ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 30 2016, 10:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 21 2016, 07:58 AM

directors selling
Sowerby - 300K
Wilson - 100K

--------------------
- Dr John Hussman

nipper
post Posted: Mar 21 2016, 07:58 AM
  Quote Post

BLA added to the S&P/ASX 300 Index – March 18, 2016 After Market Close - some 300K went through at 4.10pm, at $7.07

As an asset manager, the company continues to focus on the essentials – food, water, education, housing, student accommodation, agriculture and infrastructure - and has found new areas of growth, including
- Vinomofo
- USA real estate - in with a NY company to invest in office conversions to apartments
- student housing in Brisbane and Melbourne
- management rights for apartment complexes

Water Fund has had two full years since the Fund's last negative return, and made 49% in last 12 months. http://www.blueskyfunds.com.au/wp-content/...bruary-2016.pdf

Assets under management $1.7bill, including 13% retail (BAF), wholesale 76% and institutional 11%; now expect to exceed $2.0 billion in AUM by 30 June 2016, eighteen months ahead of original target.

--------------------
- Dr John Hussman

nipper
post Posted: Oct 27 2015, 12:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 27 2012, 03:42 PM

2012 - share price is under $1.00

now over $6.00

--------------------
- Dr John Hussman

nipper
post Posted: Aug 27 2012, 03:42 PM
  Quote Post

Having listed on the ASX in January 2012, Blue Sky has reported a maiden Net Profit After Tax (after significant non-cash items and other items associated with roll up and IPO) of $3.573 million against Prospectus forecasts of $3.492 million. Based upon the strong performance of Blue Sky's four divisions (Private Equity, Private Real Estate, Hedge Funds and Real Assets) I am pleased to announce a final dividend of 6 cents per share fully franked.

ALTERNATIVE INVESTMENT THEME
Global economic conditions continue to drive volatility and uncertainty in debt and equity markets. This has in turn accelerated the global trend of institutional and other investors to increase capital allocations to alternative investments. Against the background of these global macro trends, Blue Sky's work over the last six years to position itself as Australia's leading alternative asset manager has proven to be propitious.

We continue to develop products which are designed to satisfy the growing global appetite for alternative investments. To tap into this growing global demand, we have also opened an office in New York with a view to attracting North American capital into our expanding suite of alternative investment products.

DIVIDEND
The record date for the entitlement to the final dividend of 6 cents per share fully franked is 4 September 2012 with payment to occur on 24 September 2012. Blue Sky only pays dividends by direct credit. By supplying your payment details on the enclosed Direct Credit Form, payments will be made by direct credit to an Australian bank, building society or credit union account and the funds will be immediately available. Direct credit is a cost effective and secure payment system.

current share price is under $1.00

--------------------
- Dr John Hussman

falko
post Posted: Jan 24 2012, 03:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jan 24 2012, 11:06 AM

Flower,
You are correct of course, one should be more articulate, but it has been eight or ten years since my last perusal.
As a result the only gentleman that had not slipped my feeble mind was Penwiper, the poor but dishonest secretary.

BLUE SKY MINES by Trevor Sykes ( Pierpoint )

Absolute must read for all players, young or old.

--------------------
Happiness now, is knowing, understanding and accepting your path to the future even as we travell that path at the very moment.
Falko.

flower
post Posted: Jan 24 2012, 11:06 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: falko's post @ Jan 24 2012, 10:37 AM

falko--for heavens sake make sure you copy in (and minute ) the rest of the Board:

Chairman--Sir Mark Time

Geologist--Bottle

Accountant--Spender

Stockbroker--Leo Liability

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

falko
post Posted: Jan 24 2012, 10:37 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Jan 24 2012, 10:27 AM

Any relation to Blue Sky Mining, must get a note off to Penwiper.

--------------------
Happiness now, is knowing, understanding and accepting your path to the future even as we travell that path at the very moment.
Falko.

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareScene.com, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING